Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot connect my Virmach server.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cannot connect my Virmach server.

skyindreamsskyindreams Member
edited August 2022 in General

@VirMach Here is the problem:Virmach migrates my server to a new node TKOC025,and I got a new IP,so I set my domain to this new IP,But it always jump to an unkown web site,like sombody hijack my domain.but it's not true.I tried reinstall my server,reconfig my network,all useless.Somebody told me maybe someone set same IP in same network,But I think mostly like router config not correct.Already sent ticket,waiting for technical review over 2 weeks,hope someone help me solve this issue.

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Someone is very busy at this time, please try someone again later.

• deqideqi Member

low end support

• ralfralf Member

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@ralf said:
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ralfralf Member
    edited August 2022

Shame, the song isn't as good as the episode the picture is from!

• Have you tried disconnecting your ethernet cable?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Have you tried to open support ticket?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Have you tried doing push-ups in front of the VNC window?

• Power off your server. If the IP is still in use, then it's also somewhere else.

If it stops working, then power up your server and confirm it works by IP. If it works, confirm DNS resolves to your IP. Then check the website access logs.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • have you tried changing provider if urgent?

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @TimboJones said:
    Power off your server. If the IP is still in use, then it's also somewhere else.

If it stops working, then power up your server and confirm it works by IP. If it works, confirm DNS resolves to your IP. Then check the website access logs.

Tried,Still in use when powered off.

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Way too funny :D

@ralf said:
    Shame, the song isn't as good as the episode the picture is from!

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • The Vir chicks are hibernating.

• @skyindreams said:
    @VirMach Here is the problem:Virmach migrates my server to a new node TKOC025,and I got a new IP,so I set my domain to this new IP,But it always jump to an unkown web site,like sombody hijack my domain.but it's not true.I tried reinstall my server,reconfig my network,all useless.Somebody told me maybe someone set same IP in same network,But I think mostly like router config not correct.Already sent ticket,waiting for technical review over 2 weeks,hope someone help me solve this issue.

How many knives in the jar? Is it Vir8.88?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2022

@dahartigan said:

@skyindreams said:

How many knives in the jar? Is it Vir8.88?

More like

• Problem still exists,my domain jump to unkown website.

• How long it usually takes to complete the migration? I am getting "This node is currently locked" from more than 35 hours.

• emghemgh Member

@AlanDS said:
    How long it usually takes to complete the migration? I am getting "This node is currently locked" from more than 35 hours.

Usually less than a year. Not always.

• skorousskorous Member
    edited August 2022

@AlanDS said:
    How long it usually takes to complete the migration? I am getting "This node is currently locked" from more than 35 hours.

Gone through it several times and my experience is it's usually 24 hours ish. I believe this round may have had issue and they're taking longer as a result.

• VoidVoid Member

@AlanDS said:

Usually till the end of your billing period

• @skyindreams said:

I had this same issue on one of my VPSs, I believe it's because the IP abuse script isn't functioning correctly, probably because of all the chaos with the moves. You can wait for a ticket to get investigated, they'll fix it eventually, but tickets have been slow for a bit now and with the latest colocrossing issues I expect they're not getting better soon. I didn't feel like waiting, so I paid for a $3 IP change, just left the reason blank and it was completed within a few hours, with everything working great afterwards. I know no one wants to spend money to fix something that should already be working, but it's a lot cheaper than a priority support ticket and was worth the cost for me.

• From your description is doesn't look like a provider issue, but some sort of misconfiguration.
    I'm not trying to stand on the side of VirMach here, but everytime they answered in one of these
    threads the technical explanation was legit, at least to me as a bystander that can see if it's a
    provider issue or a dumb customer expecting a top provider for peanuts.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @luckypenguin said:
    From your description is doesn't look like a provider issue, but some sort of misconfiguration.
    I'm not trying to stand on the side of VirMach here, but everytime they answered in one of these
    threads the technical explanation was legit, at least to me as a bystander that can see if it's a

I think it's actually a VirMach issue here, and I'm a pretty big defender. @skyindreams should be able to VNC to the VPS and confirm if the "Fix Internet/ Reconfigure Network" button set the IP correctly to match the new IP shown in the panel. In my case, the fix internet button correctly set my servers IP and restarted it, my VPS would have the IP for a few seconds to a minute, then things would break and another server took the IP back. VNC would still work, but my server had no internet access while something else was on the IP, for obvious reasons.

• @bakageta said:

@luckypenguin said:
    From your description is doesn't look like a provider issue, but some sort of misconfiguration.

I think it's actually a VirMach issue here, and I'm a pretty big defender. @skyindreams should be able to VNC to the VPS and confirm if the "Fix Internet/ Reconfigure Network" button set the IP correctly to match the new IP shown in the panel. In my case, the fix internet button correctly set my servers IP and restarted it, my VPS would have the IP for a few seconds to a minute, then things would break and another server took the IP back. VNC would still work, but my server had no internet access while something else was on the IP, for obvious reasons.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Also a long-time fan of VirMach here but it does seem things have unfortunately taken a turn for the worse with them lately. It sounds like they're working on migrations so I'll give them a few more days before I throw in the towel..

• @bakageta said:

@luckypenguin said:

Yes,exactly as you said,that's obviously Virmach issue.From control panel I tried reinstall,tried reconfig network,even I turn off my vps,my IP still working,Tried every ways but useless.Now still waiting supporting.

• @Stonks said:

@bakageta said:

@luckypenguin said:

Good to know I'm not the only one. Also a long-time fan of VirMach here but it does seem things have unfortunately taken a turn for the worse with them lately. It sounds like they're working on migrations so I'll give them a few more days before I throw in the towel..

Congratulations!Now I am not alone. :D

• w5mgmw5mgm Member
    edited August 2022

I have had a ticket in for over a month with Virmach, one of my issues is fixed, but now I have 2 servers that are down, have a friend that they migrated and his server will not boot. This is getting ridiculous, servers going down with out notice. This crap is getting old. Both of my failed servers are deadlocked on memory and both in the Dallas data center.

• Here we go again, get an email at 3:58 am CDT that one of my machines is using high amouunts of IO and must me shut down. I understand Virmach shutting it down because of that, but then when I boot it back up, the machine is deadlocked on memory and useless, this is the 3rd machine that this has happened to and that i now have no access to because it's deadlocked on memory. Virmach is committing fraud by not fixing services that they have tickets on that are broke down.

• Issue still exist,Still waiting!

• Still waiting...