Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do you think of virmach?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how do you think of virmach?

my vps on them has disconnected for 3 days.
the page says:

Dear VirMach Customers,

We are currently re-configuring the network on our hostnodes in Atlanta. The network will be inaccessible during this time.

Thanks,

VirMach Support

so how ?

Comments

• i think they are trying hard no matter how fucked up.

my Tokyo vps fixed after 2 months.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • People really expect some sort of quality uptime and SLA from those $10/year deals?

Thanked by 2FrankZ gzz
  • My Tokyo VPS had total downtime of maybe 3 days, and a few times where network was very slow (didn't affect the main thing I run on it). So I like them, since it's way cheaper than any other place I could get a VPS in Tokyo with those specs.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@luckypenguin said:
    People really expect some sort of quality uptime and SLA from those $10/year deals?

Some, yes, not all.

Low-end deals, high-end expectations.

Thanked by 2FrankZ skorous
  • quanhua92quanhua92 Member
    edited July 2022

The current experience is very bad. However, I think that they invest a lot of money for those servers and data centers. I think that they should be fine after 1-2 years.
    At the moment, I have to use a HAProxy load balancer before those Virmach VPS so my website will not down unexpectedly

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @DP said:

@luckypenguin said:
    People really expect some sort of quality uptime and SLA from those $10/year deals?

Some, yes, not all.

Low-end deals, high-end expectations.

Virmach - but there's a catch ® ;)

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited July 2022

I wanted to like them, so I gave them a try. But I ended up disappointed. There are some better options ready to use on LET at their price points and you don't have to wait for them to fix any issue.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@nick_ said:
    I wanted to like them, so I gave them a try. But I ended up disappointed. There are some better options ready to use on LET at their price points and you don't have to wait for them to fix any issue.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@quanhua92 said: I have to use a HAProxy load balancer before those Virmach VPS so my website will not down unexpectedly

Smart guy. I would hope that everyone would use some type of failover option when using lowend, or any other VMs, for any type of production website.

I think everyone knows how I feel about VirMach, but he is obviously going through some tough times these days. I would suggest that if you can't deal with these issues right now it would be a good time to add the VirMach VMs to your idler list and revisit them in September.
    That being said, 16 of my 19 VMs are running just fine and I am very happy with the upgrade to Ryzen.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

anyone feel free to transfer your 9.88 3C buffalo VPS if you do not like it

• bulabula Member

@VirMach defense, I have been using their service since 2018 and it has been smooth ever since. I have also noticed Ticket responses were showed down since late 2020 but services itself has been smooth with hardly any issues. These recent problem started with the Ryzen hardware compatibilities and of course with sudden migrations. @VirMach I am sure is working tirelessly trying to resolve these issues and will fix these issues at some point. Like @FrankZ suggest, its best take a break from VirMach and return when things are stable a bit. I plan to do the same as I do not have any mission critical stuff on these servers. Most of these offerings from VirMach are dirt cheap so not much of a loss anyways.

• @FrankZ said:

@quanhua92 said: I have to use a HAProxy load balancer before those Virmach VPS so my website will not down unexpectedly

Smart guy. I would hope that everyone would use some type of failover option when using lowend, or any other VMs, for any type of production website.

I think everyone knows how I feel about VirMach, but he is obviously going through some tough times these days. I would suggest that if you can't deal with these issues right now it would be a good time to add the VirMach VMs to your idler list and revisit them in September.
    That being said, 16 of my 19 VMs are running just fine and I am very happy with the upgrade to Ryzen.

so 19 vms from them only? wow!

• ChuckChuck Member

@ElonBezos said:

@FrankZ said:

so 19 vms from them only? wow!

nice username.

• ralfralf Member

@luckypenguin said:

TBH, for a low price, I'd expect an overcrowded node with crappy IO and network, not for a VPS that's never up at all.

Thanked by 1Ademan
  • Vir is sky, Vir is ground, Vir is RMB.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2022

Dedicated server and ip block down

Tried priority ticket - no reply
    Tried calling +18008772176 - no longer in service
    Tried LET pm - no reply
    Tried provider thread message - no reply

Even a provider not got reply and service then member you will be on Longggggg queue

• @vpsGOD said:

Tried LET pm - no reply

Even a provider not got reply and service then member you will be on Longggggg queue

oh my god

Thanked by 2bulbasaur RIYAD
  • @vpsGOD said: Even a provider not got reply and service then member you will be on Longggggg queue

That "provider" tag you paid $200/y for only allows you to create topics in the offers section.
    How does it entitles you to a faster support on 3d party services compared to other users?

edited July 2022

@luckypenguin I have paid for provider tag to support LET. Maybe i will drop tag infuture as I am not advertising in LET

LET have a provider thread for private communication between the tag owners it means their is option to get reply from Provider in a uncrowded private thread/post.

Thanked by 1SinV
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@vpsGOD - congrats on your providership. Wish you much success. :)

--

@ElonBezos said: so 19 vms from them only? wow!

You tend to accumulate over seven years when the prices are great and the service is good. I just see the current state of VirMach as a hiccup in the great scheme of things.
    I also currently have 23+ from other providers as well.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • VoidVoid Member

@vpsGOD said:
    @luckypenguin I have paid for provider tag to support LET. Maybe i will drop tag infuture as I am not advertising in LET

LET have a provider thread for private communication between the tag owners it means their is option to get reply from Provider in a uncrowded private thread/post.

$200 to ask why my $8 VPS is down. Sounds great, BilohBucks saga 2.0

edited July 2022

@jmaxwell LET should help to reach @VirMach as I paid ;)

It's dedicated server with ip block
    Using it for NYC location. Only few clients over 4 years(now issued alternate vps loc to client but it's my commitment to offer the backup)

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Virmach used to be good, but from last few months, it looks like they have bitten off more than they can chew.

And folks, being cheap is not excuse for no support.

• SiliCloudSiliCloud Member, Patron Provider, LIR

I think Virmach is a good company for cheapest vps, but if you want better experience ...

• jtkjtk Member
    edited August 2022

They're no cloudatcost (tm)

There has been reputational damage, but people have short memories and I wouldn't be surprised to see some BF deals to end 2022 on a high note.

Thanked by 2skorous FrankZ
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@vpsGOD said:

Tried LET pm - no reply

Even VPS Gods buy servers from VirMach.

Thanked by 2FrankZ cadddr
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@frakass said:
    so how ?

• HxxxHxxx Member

How much you paid?

• ralfralf Member

@Hxxx said:
    How much you paid?

I guessing he didn't buy the $800 a month support plan!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • HxxxHxxx Member

nah for real, how much he paid? @ralf

Maybe he says something like $0.5 /year , honestly don't know the current prices of VirMach. I had a VPS there many years ago, never used it, idled two years until I cancelled, so I can't really make an opinion on the quality.