Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do you think of virmach? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how do you think of virmach?

2»

Comments

• ralfralf Member

@Hxxx said:
    nah for real, how much he paid? @ralf

How would I know? I don't even know who your original question was for!

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @jtk said:
    They're no cloudatcost (tm)

I can't tell which way you mean that. They're very similar just differ on price model and locations.

• jtkjtk Member

I can't tell which way you mean that. They're very similar just differ on price model and locations.

I have a bunch of systems from VirMach, because I like my systems cheap and reasonably reliable. I almost never need support, and I think I'm essentially an easy, reliable customer too. At one time cloudatcost seemed like a good fit for me and I had one of their "$9 lifetime" (ha) VMs once. Once. cloudatcost is in a league all by itself imo.

• Although it should be something that merchants should do to keep their services stable.

But considering the offer and positioning of virmach, you can hardly actually ask for too much and use it as a stable service option.

Or maybe you should have an alternative.

• Question: how do you think of virmach?

My answer: I think of Virmach when I am standing under the hot blazing sun.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vyas11 said:
    Question: how do you think of virmach?

Waiting for the bus?

Francisco

Thanked by 2vyas11 FrankZ
  • I used to be a customer at virmach. At that time I found the offer and the service quite good in terms of value for money.

• @vyas11 said:

Virmach is sort of vanilla icecream?

• @letlover said:

@vyas11 said:

Virmach is sort of vanilla icecream?

more like smoothie? The ice cream will melt in the sun??
    Unless the bus stop (and bus) has air conditioning.

• They even managed to stuff up the dedicated servers.. These things weren't even being migrated yet goneski

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited August 2022

@corbpie said:
    They even managed to stuff up the dedicated servers.. These things weren't even being migrated yet goneski

Wanted to chime in as someone with one of those dedis. This isn't anything mission-critical for me, I'm not losing millions of dollars every hour it's down, etc etc. VirMach has always been very fair when dealing with issues in the past, and I don't doubt that will be the case here. Things have been chaotic with all of the Ryzen migration, but these are some of the cheapest services out there, generally speaking, and I'm still very happy with what I get for the price. I've paid more for worse even with recent issues.

There are more problems lately than normal, it's unfortunate but I do still expect things to level back out to normal.

• Normal provider. Well, he screwed up once.
    Shit happens.

• At this point Virmach is commiting the criminal offense of fraud

• @w5mgm said:
    At this point Virmach is commiting the criminal offense of fraud

It's good that you have an opinion. Keep working on it.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bakageta said:

@corbpie said:
    They even managed to stuff up the dedicated servers.. These things weren't even being migrated yet goneski

Wanted to chime in as someone with one of those dedis. This isn't anything mission-critical for me, I'm not losing millions of dollars every hour it's down, etc etc. VirMach has always been very fair when dealing with issues in the past, and I don't doubt that will be the case here. Things have been chaotic with all of the Ryzen migration, but these are some of the cheapest services out there, generally speaking, and I'm still very happy with what I get for the price. I've paid more for worse even with recent issues.

There are more problems lately than normal, it's unfortunate but I do still expect things to level back out to normal.

We all remember you received One Gallon Wet Platinum Lube, which really smoothed your mind on this downtime.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • I’ve had 2 servers down now for over 2 weeks. They I have tickets in on them. I’ve paid for them. A third server went down this morning. All 3 servers have the same issue. I understand they’re upgrading things, but I should be able to use what I pay for.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@w5mgm said:
    I’ve had 2 servers down now for over 2 weeks. They I have tickets in on them. I’ve paid for them. A third server went down this morning. All 3 servers have the same issue. I understand they’re upgrading things, but I should be able to use what I pay for.

Dedicated servers are refunded.
    VPS with open tickets are given automatic SLA credits.
    Thus, you don't pay for the servers right now.

• Mine aren’t dedicated servers