Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MX Route] Not bad
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MX Route] Not bad

I got this with mail-tester

So deliverability looks good. However a few incoming emails have gone straight to spam since I switched to MX Route and it had never happened before when using Google Workspace/Zoho/Fastmail as these are legitimate emails. What should I use to "train" the filters? There are several webmails in the control panel so it's kinda confusing.

Thanked by 2jar Ganonk

Comments

• @vitobotta said:
    I got this with mail-tester

So deliverability looks good. However a few incoming emails have gone straight to spam since I switched to MX Route and it had never happened before when using Google Workspace/Zoho/Fastmail as these are legitimate emails. What should I use to "train" the filters? There are several webmails in the control panel so it's kinda confusing.

Are you using a Gmail client?

If yes, did you configure Gmail to use POP3?

• If e-mails go to Spam/Junk folder then Gmail will not fetch them as it only downloads messages in Inbox.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

Use mail.mxlogin.com and move emails from junk/spam to inbox. This will train the anti spam service not to mark those emails as spam in the future. Vice versa from inbox to spam works as well.

• ahnlakahnlak Member

Depends a bit what's sending them to spam; there are some SpamAssassin setting under Direct Admin > E-mail Manager you can tweak.

• LeviLevi Member

Mxroute is tolerable. Gmail is good.

• @CrossBox said:
    Use mail.mxlogin.com and move emails from junk/spam to inbox. This will train the anti spam service not to mark those emails as spam in the future. Vice versa from inbox to spam works as well.

Who’s control panel is that? I got pixel.mxrouting.net, not mail.mxlogin.com

• @vitobotta said:

@CrossBox said:

Y U no read docs. mail.mxlogin.com is your MXroute panel.

• @luckypenguin said:

@vitobotta said:

@CrossBox said:

Y U no read docs. mail.mxlogin.com is your MXroute panel.

Maybe I need to check better but pixel.mxrouting.net is what I was assigned. Is that a universal panel for everyone? I thought you were joking and were trying to get my creds 😃

• @vitobotta said:

@CrossBox said:

Because "mail.mxlogin.com" = "CrossBox" ( https://crossbox.io/ )

• @risturiz said:

@vitobotta said:

@CrossBox said:

Ah I see. I had only tried a couple of webmails so I didn't realize this one's domain. Thanks

I don't really like webmails and I usually use Spark as email client on mac and iphone. If I move an email from the Junk/Spam folder to the inbox, does it get automatically whitelisted? or will it end up again into spam next time?

• @vitobotta said:

@risturiz said:

@vitobotta said:

@CrossBox said:

Ah I see. I had only tried a couple of webmails so I didn't realize this one's domain. Thanks

I don't really like webmails and I usually use Spark as email client on mac and iphone. If I move an email from the Junk/Spam folder to the inbox, does it get automatically whitelisted? or will it end up again into spam next time?

I don't believe your local mail client will send that information directly to the mail server and probably handles it all locally. By moving it directly from the junk folder to the inbox via the webmail interface (e.g. Crossbox) you will be actively training the mail filter.

Of course these statements are with assumption and may be incorrect, so anyone else who have more experience and context knowledge of MXRoute's systems please clarify and update.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@LTniger said: Mxroute is tolerable. Gmail is good.

I beg to differ. One of the things that makes me respect @jar 's work is mxroute. Once properly setup, it is much more preferable than gmail's spyware I mean email.

• I was told roundcube is their default webmail client.

I was instructed to setup my mail filters over roundcube to customize my email routing/forwarding.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2022

I don't consider the algorithms for training the filters to be of value. They use resources and tend to only give false piece of mind until they eventually become so diluted that everything looks like spam. That said, filters are always development in progress. If you feel that an email received a score from my rspamd that it shouldn't have, feel free to open a ticket and tell me the sender, recipient, date, and ask for my opinion on it's spam score. Either I'll justify it or adjust it.

Crossbox correctly noted that they have an additional filter which can be trained in their software, but it doesn't override or replace mine, which occurs at a higher level in the stack.

• mxroute is prem.

Thanked by 1jar
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited July 2022

@vitobotta said:

@risturiz said:

@vitobotta said:

@CrossBox said:

The mail is getting into the spam box on MXroute - "directly"?

Have you checked the email headers of those emails?

I often see (most often with Gogle's Gmail) that emails which don't have their SPF and the likes in order tend to get sent to the spam box - as they should be. :)
    Of course, most businesses "solve" this problem by asking me to whitelist them, instead of sorting out their DNS.

• @jar you failed with your on-boarding plan, customers still don't know how
    to properly login to their "panel" :trollface:

Thanked by 1jar
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited July 2022

All over the MXroute website, their documentation reminds you to refer to the "Important Account Information" email that they sent when you first signed up. You can also find it on the webpage that has a list of your messages from MXroute:

https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/clientarea/emails/

There are two control panels on MXroute.

The MXroute Client Area control panel is used for viewing your MXroute products and services and for updating your contact and billing information. This is the wrong control panel if you want to create email accounts, forwarders, etc. The Client Area control panel has its own username and password, separate from the username and password for the DirectAdmin control panel described in the next paragraph.

The DirectAdmin control panel is used to manage your email domains, email accounts, forwarders, etc. You can find the DirectAdmin control panel login information for your account on that "Important Account Information" email that you received from MXroute. A copy of that email is on their website at that link, above. The DirectAdmin control panel URL link depends on which server is hosting your email - it is not the same for all MXroute customers.

• LeviLevi Member

@emg said: The DirectAdmin control panel URL link depends on which server is hosting your email - it is not the same for all MXroute customers.

This is bad design. Normal UX dictates that second control panel should be accessed via link in the billing panel. Just do a fckn SSO. That's it. No second, third or fourth panels. I believe Hostbill supports SSO to DA.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2022

@LTniger said:

@emg said: The DirectAdmin control panel URL link depends on which server is hosting your email - it is not the same for all MXroute customers.

This is bad design. Normal UX dictates that second control panel should be accessed via link in the billing panel. Just do a fckn SSO. That's it. No second, third or fourth panels. I believe Hostbill supports SSO to DA.

Sounds like an opportunity for you to play a role and code it and offer it to people for a slight $$$ instead of bitching about it.

• emgemg Veteran

There is room for improvement at MXroute, no question about that.

At the same time, I get good email service for a very reasonable cost from MXroute. I use them for simple personal email. They are a better value and more reliable than any email service I have ever used, and that goes back a long way.

@jar can ask me anytime he wants to see my MXroute "wish list". It is short.

Thanked by 4adly jar TimRoo Ganonk
  • LeviLevi Member

@HalfEatenPie said:

@LTniger said:

Sounds like an opportunity for you to play a role and code it and offer it to people for a slight $$$ instead of bitching about it.

There is no need to code anything. You just need to enable it. Take a cold drink chump.

Thanked by 1Chocoweb
    edited July 2022

@LTniger said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@LTniger said:

There is no need to code anything. You just need to enable it. Take a cold drink chump.

It's simple enough for now, spending too much time on the product I don't want to be using in 5 years isn't a good investment. I still work with the products to improve things, but there are some avenues that I've roped off for issues that exceed the gains and redirected that time to development. I've much bigger dreams than to perfect HostBill and DirectAdmin.

At the end of the day it'll already have cost me more time and money to try to stuff those solutions into my use case, that I used to hold me over until in house software had been developed to replace them, than it would have cost me to build them up front. I've grown a lot as a developer over the last year, better things ahead.

• @bikegremlin said:

@vitobotta said:

@risturiz said:

@vitobotta said:

@CrossBox said:

The mail is getting into the spam box on MXroute - "directly"?

What do you mean by "directly"?

Have you checked the email headers of those emails?

I haven't. What should I look for? Anyway all the emails that have gone to spam (not many) were reaching the inbox every time when I was using Google Workspace or Zoho.

@emg said:
    All over the MXroute website, their documentation reminds you to refer to the "Important Account Information" email that they sent when you first signed up. You can also find it on the webpage that has a list of your messages from MXroute:

https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/clientarea/emails/

There are two control panels on MXroute.

The MXroute Client Area control panel is used for viewing your MXroute products and services and for updating your contact and billing information. This is the wrong control panel if you want to create email accounts, forwarders, etc. The Client Area control panel has its own username and password, separate from the username and password for the DirectAdmin control panel described in the next paragraph.

The DirectAdmin control panel is used to manage your email domains, email accounts, forwarders, etc. You can find the DirectAdmin control panel login information for your account on that "Important Account Information" email that you received from MXroute. A copy of that email is on their website at that link, above. The DirectAdmin control panel URL link depends on which server is hosting your email - it is not the same for all MXroute customers.

It escapes me based on what you think that I haven't read the documentation etc. I had already set up everything for a few domains without any problems before opening this thread and I did indeed read the important email. I only hadn't tried all the webmail options so I didn't know about the Crossbox URL.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited July 2022

@vitobotta said:
    It escapes me based on what you think that I haven't read the documentation etc. I had already set up everything for a few domains without any problems before opening this thread and I did indeed read the important email. I only hadn't tried all the webmail options so I didn't know about the Crossbox URL.

People seemed confused over references to different servers so I wrote a general explanation so that everyone could be on the same page. It was not targeted at anyone in particular.

Did I say anything that was not correct or accurate?

• @jar I had a weird problem with search over IMAP after importing all messages from my previous setup using imapsync (I use Spark as email client). Since I set up the accounts I noticed that search was not returning any results. I was wondering if I should open a ticket before it automagically started working today and returns all the expected results when I search over IMAP. What could have caused this?

edited July 2022

@vitobotta said:
    @jar I had a weird problem with search over IMAP after importing all messages from my previous setup using imapsync (I use Spark as email client). Since I set up the accounts I noticed that search was not returning any results. I was wondering if I should open a ticket before it automagically started working today and returns all the expected results when I search over IMAP. What could have caused this?

Hard to say, and unlikely I'd have much insight during a ticket. I could glance at it but searching is more of a client feature and I don't develop any of the clients.

(Edit to add: IMAP does have support around this but it's not usually a thing that bugs out, clients however may time out or any number of other things)

• @jar said:

@vitobotta said:
    @jar I had a weird problem with search over IMAP after importing all messages from my previous setup using imapsync (I use Spark as email client). Since I set up the accounts I noticed that search was not returning any results. I was wondering if I should open a ticket before it automagically started working today and returns all the expected results when I search over IMAP. What could have caused this?

Hard to say, and unlikely I'd have much insight during a ticket. I could glance at it but searching is more of a client feature and I don't develop any of the clients.

Ok, thanks

• @vitobotta said:

Doesn't the client just search through its local index for quick results since it has all your email locally? What is this slow AF use case you speak of?

• sanvitsanvit Member

I just moved out of MXroute due to the spam filtering. I would like some more customization options, but I do get that this is a shared environment, so I just moved everything to my own mailcow instance. That with MXroute for sending is just awesome.

Thanked by 1TimRoo