Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MX Route] Not bad - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MX Route] Not bad

2»

Comments

• akhfaakhfa Member

@sanvit said:
    I just moved out of MXroute due to the spam filtering. I would like some more customization options, but I do get that this is a shared environment, so I just moved everything to my own mailcow instance. That with MXroute for sending is just awesome.

And I just move out all my mailcow account into lifetime mxroute because I don’t want to maintain the VPS 🙂

Nothing important though

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@akhfa said: And I just move out all my mailcow account into lifetime mxroute because I don’t want to maintain the VPS 🙂

Let me know if you run into any trouble.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@sanvit said: I just moved out of MXroute due to the spam filtering. I would like some more customization options, but I do get that this is a shared environment, so I just moved everything to my own mailcow instance.

For blocking too much non-spam or not blocking enough spam?

I literally hear both complaints in the same day multiple times so I can't assume anything. It's frustrating to no end when people passionately want the opposite of each other :joy:

• sanvitsanvit Member

@jar said:

@sanvit said: I just moved out of MXroute due to the spam filtering. I would like some more customization options, but I do get that this is a shared environment, so I just moved everything to my own mailcow instance.

I literally hear both complaints in the same day multiple times so I can't assume anything. It's frustrating to no end when people passionately want the opposite of each other :joy:

I actually don’t have any complaints on how you manage spam. I’m pretty sure I would have done a worse job on that if I managed a shared environment. It’s just that there are cases where I need to get those emails, and the sender isn’t really compliant to the standards :(

Thanked by 2jar TimRoo
  • @vitobotta said:

@bikegremlin said:

@vitobotta said:

@risturiz said:

@vitobotta said:

@CrossBox said:
    Use mail.mxlogin.com and move emails from junk/spam to inbox. This will train the anti spam service not to mark those emails as spam in the future. Vice versa from inbox to spam works as well.

Who’s control panel is that? I got pixel.mxrouting.net, not mail.mxlogin.com

Because "mail.mxlogin.com" = "CrossBox" ( https://crossbox.io/ )

Ah I see. I had only tried a couple of webmails so I didn't realize this one's domain. Thanks

I don't really like webmails and I usually use Spark as email client on mac and iphone. If I move an email from the Junk/Spam folder to the inbox, does it get automatically whitelisted? or will it end up again into spam next time?

The mail is getting into the spam box on MXroute - "directly"?

What do you mean by "directly"?

Have you checked the email headers of those emails?

I haven't. What should I look for? Anyway all the emails that have gone to spam (not many) were reaching the inbox every time when I was using Google Workspace or Zoho.

@emg said:
    All over the MXroute website, their documentation reminds you to refer to the "Important Account Information" email that they sent when you first signed up. You can also find it on the webpage that has a list of your messages from MXroute:

https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/clientarea/emails/

There are two control panels on MXroute.

The MXroute Client Area control panel is used for viewing your MXroute products and services and for updating your contact and billing information. This is the wrong control panel if you want to create email accounts, forwarders, etc. The Client Area control panel has its own username and password, separate from the username and password for the DirectAdmin control panel described in the next paragraph.

The DirectAdmin control panel is used to manage your email domains, email accounts, forwarders, etc. You can find the DirectAdmin control panel login information for your account on that "Important Account Information" email that you received from MXroute. A copy of that email is on their website at that link, above. The DirectAdmin control panel URL link depends on which server is hosting your email - it is not the same for all MXroute customers.

It escapes me based on what you think that I haven't read the documentation etc. I had already set up everything for a few domains without any problems before opening this thread and I did indeed read the important email. I only hadn't tried all the webmail options so I didn't know about the Crossbox URL.

By directly I mean - are you using MXroute webmail - or does the spam get pulled by a mail client (Gmail, or Thunderbird and the likes) and end up in the mail client's spam box?

I wrote here about the basic checking of the inbound email headers.

• @jar said:

I'd say your filters are just right.
    My config is to set MXroute to send spam to a spam box - not delete it. So I can double check. Whitelist those I need to.

I'm also stupid enough to use Gmail as a client.
    Gmail does some things very well:
    1. It scans emails for any viruses and won't pull any that have viruses (I delete those off the MXroute server).
    2. It has a decent spam filter that generally can be trained.

Thanked by 1jar
  • By directly I mean - are you using MXroute webmail - or does the spam get pulled by a mail client (Gmail, or Thunderbird and the likes) and end up in the mail client's spam box?

Yeah I use a client (Spark)

• I'd say your filters are just right.
    My config is to set MXroute to send spam to a spam box - not delete it. So I can double check. Whitelist those I need to.

Where do you configure this exactly?

• @vitobotta said:

My MXroute spam-filter configs (cPanel and DirectAdmin)

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @bikegremlin said:

@vitobotta said:

My MXroute spam-filter configs (cPanel and DirectAdmin)

Thanks!

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • TimRooTimRoo Member
    edited August 2022

@sanvit said:

@jar said:

I actually don’t have any complaints on how you manage spam. I’m pretty sure I would have done a worse job on that if I managed a shared environment. It’s just that there are cases where I need to get those emails, and the sender isn’t really compliant to the standards :(

Yeah I have the same perspective and did the same end result (though I'm receiving mail on a home Synology). I can't complain about how he's doing things from an overall perspective, but those odd (but necessary) senders that just don't have their act together tend to get blocked. I think the solution we've adopted is as good as it gets.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited August 2022

@TimRoo said:

@sanvit said:

@jar said:

Yeah I have the same perspective and did the same end result (though I'm receiving mail on a home Synology). I can't complain about how he's doing things from an overall perspective, but those odd (but necessary) senders that just don't have their act together tend to get blocked. I think the solution we've adopted is as good as it gets.

Yup. I hope the major players will just block any uncompliant messages so that everyone will at least do the basics :(
    Anyway, I really like MXroute's sending infra though, so am sending emails through them and Mailchannels. Absolutely beautiful deliverability

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • @sanvit said:

@TimRoo said:

@sanvit said:

@jar said:

Yup. I hope the major players will just block any uncompliant messages so that everyone will at least do the basics :(
    Anyway, I really like MXroute's sending infra though, so am sending emails through them and Mailchannels. Absolutely beautiful deliverability

Absolutely! And don't forget that in our use case MXRoute still makes a good backup for incoming mail. So I didn't even delete the MX records when I switched, I just gave them a lower priority.

• @TimRoo said:

@sanvit said:

@TimRoo said:

@sanvit said:

@jar said:

Absolutely! And don't forget that in our use case MXRoute still makes a good backup for incoming mail. So I didn't even delete the MX records when I switched, I just gave them a lower priority.

Totally true! MXroute does work as a great backup (kinda) MX as well :)