Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 541
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FAT32 said:
    I should stop spending so much

Spend more.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@brueggus said:
    Spend more.

:(

• imokimok Member

what are you spending on?

@imok said:
    what are you spending on?

Idle VPS

• @FAT32 said:

@brueggus said:
    Spend more.

:(

Rich man, can I get a buck

• imokimok Member

Yes, you should spend less/lower (I don't know the correct word)

@imok said:

Time to cancel my VPS...

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited July 2022

@FAT32 said:

@imok said:

Time to cancel my VPS...

I hope it's not the 8888.

You don't cancel the 8888, it cancels you.

Thanked by 2FrankZ FAT32
  • imokimok Member

I'm thinking about canceling a VPS too

• imokimok Member

I think I never used it.

Wow 4GB / 100GB (package name says NVMe) / 7 TB / Broken network

• JabJabJabJab Member

@imok said: Wow 4GB / 100GB (package name says NVMe) / 7 TB / Broken network

$0.00 monthly, because its Ryzen Alpha testing in Pheonix.
    I don't think you gonna save much money on cancelling this free one /s

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • imokimok Member

I have around 4 (almost) free services.

And I feel bad for it.

• imokimok Member

Virmach is getting rich with my account:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@FAT32 said: Time to cancel my VPS...

These are such sad times when a guy can't idle a few lowend VPS. :(
    (truth be told I am getting rid of a few as well)

Should we all I chip in so @FAT32 can keep his VPS idling without worry?

@imok - What is the $12 one?

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • I am an AMD server customer purchased during the pre-sale, and there is a problem with my service migration. When will the service ticket request be processed for me? #382362 @VirMach

• @MiFen629 said:
    I am an AMD server customer purchased during the pre-sale, and there is a problem with my service migration. When will the service ticket request be processed for me? #382362 @VirMach

Hmm... Forget it, I have closed the refund service ticket, if you can, please help me manually configure the server migration. #654246

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FAT32 said:

@imok said:

Time to cancel my VPS...

Renew your VPS.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited July 2022

@FrankZ said: These are such sad times when a guy can't idle a few lowend VPS.
    (truth be told I am getting rid of a few as well)

I am kinda sad that I got rid of some of the idlers - now I would abuse the Ryzen migrate button and put most of them in Europe and idle them more... but in Europe! I really really hate USA for idling due to ping - every time "hey, I have an idea, I will try X or Y" I end with "fucking ping, I can see letters showing up in terminal one by one".

also VirMach made fun of me and number of my services in some post earlier so I dropped some :P

• @JabJab said:
    also VirMach made fun of me and number of my services in some post earlier so I dropped some :P

But but but, the Virmach-15+ club is nothing to be made fun of! :o :p

I'm still hoping to be able to distribute mine more evenly to have at least 1 of each location...
    BUT... also Europe is much closer and better for me than USA, so it would actually make more sense for me to have more in EU and skip some US locations
    (especially some West Coast and Mid locations which are furthest away for me... NYC being the closest US location to Cape Town, ZA)

but which US locations should I do and which skip?

What are actually the nr1 "top" for East Coast, Mid, and West Coast locations respectively?

LA + Dallas + NYC?
    Or are there other more obvious better picks?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@ZA_capetown said: BUT... also Europe is much closer and better for me than USA, so it would actually make more sense for me to have more in EU and skip some US locations

We ended up not shipping a lot of servers to Europe and Japan for now for various reasons which means these will be the locations we expand to the most. Most of US is full-ish so it won't get any extras but there could easily be 2-3 dozen servers there by BF.

@ZA_capetown said: but which US locations should I do and which skip?

What are actually the nr1 "top" for East Coast, Mid, and West Coast locations respectively?

LA + Dallas + NYC?

Or are there other more obvious better picks?

NYC with our own switches is doing pretty well networking-wise after we cleaned it up. LA is QN and Hivelocity, if you can get on Hivelocity I'd recommend that, QN has been a little weird with their nullroutes. Dallas, avoid it. I'm waiting days for simple hands requests and it's also on a shared switch with limited overall commit.

• @VirMach said:

Can you check node TPAZ002 (Tampa) ?
    It shows "online" but the IP is still unreachable after reinstall

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

Already checked this a few hours ago. If you re-installed then it's a re-install issue. It's possible all operating systems have not yet finished syncing.

• @VirMach Please check your inbox! Thanks!

• skorousskorous Member
    edited July 2022

@VirMach said: Already checked this a few hours ago. If you re-installed then it's a re-install issue. It's possible all operating systems have not yet finished syncing.

Just putting it out there, I reinstalled the Alma 8.3 template ( I'm also on TPAZ002 ) and appeared to have a complete working OS but couldn't ping my gateway. I can't currently test further as I broke it tinkering with the network and now I can't reinstall.

EDIT:
    Alma 8.3 and Debian both can see other people on my subnet ( sorry for whomever is on .4 .. I've been using you as a test ) but can't get off that subnet. I tried expanding my subnet mask but can't ping .1 or .254 on the adjacent subnets either.

• beifangyoulinbeifangyoulin Member
    edited July 2022

I have a paid migration ticket#278117, I wish you can could deal with it sooner. Thanks

• @VirMach said:

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

Already checked this a few hours ago. If you re-installed then it's a re-install issue. It's possible all operating systems have not yet finished syncing.

VPS on node TPAZ002 (Tampa) is still unable to reach.
    VNC works fine so I can login VPS via VNC, but when I try to ping 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 it shows "host unreachable"
    It seems there is something wrong with network
    (I just have tried to reinstall VPS with different OS, but the result is same nothing works)
    Can you have further check?
    Thanks

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

VNC works fine so I can login VPS via VNC, but when I try to ping 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 it shows "host unreachable"
    (I just have tried to reinstall VPS with different OS, but the result is same nothing works)
    Thanks

Taking a look.

edited July 2022

Found the problem, wrong IPs were assigned for multiple all Tampa servers during the migration. Trying to think of the fastest fix. DC assigned the subnets in descending order, they were added in ascending order.

Sorry what I tested was the reconfiguration portion going through and read the logs, they reconfigured correctly, I just didn't check if the actual IP assigned was correct which was a very bad move in hindsight.

Thanked by 1skorous

I should have switch access, I'll change it to ascending. Standby.

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

Thanks

Should be fixed now. Sorry again. The nodes are also going to be renamed to maintain the right order, it wasn't even the subnets that were flipped it was the unit names and that's what caused the whole ordeal.