Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does it take Hetzner to replace a broken hard drive?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long does it take Hetzner to replace a broken hard drive?

Asking because one of my HDD's is nearing death and I want to be prepared.
Data recovery takes about 1 hour on my side but how long does it take Hetzner to replace the drive?

Comments

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

• I had requested a drive replacement last friday at 16:38 and the operation was performed at 17:23, so less than 1 hour since I clicked on the request form.

Thanked by 1datanomi
  • Hard to tell, if it's old auction enterprise drives their stock may be limited. Same for SAS 10k rpm ones. I had a drive replaced within a few hours.

Thanked by 1datanomi
  • which command do you check hdd's health?

• @letlover said:
    which command do you check hdd's health?

smartmontools

Thanked by 1letlover
  • AzenotAzenot Member
    edited July 2022

last time hard drive was replaced on dedicated server for 10 minutes. i agreed with technical support date and time for replacing and they did it on time.

Thanked by 1datanomi
  • I've had this done twice, and in both cases the time from opening the ticket until replacement was about 15 minutes.

In the most recent incident, I discovered the server apparently supports hot swappable drives, so I didn't even need to shut it down.

Thanked by 1datanomi
  • i4P1i4P1 Member

I have several experiences with their technical service for my AX41s. All the cases are solved within 30 minutes.

• tjntjn Member

@i4P1 said:
    I have several experiences with their technical service for my AX41s. All the cases are solved within 30 minutes.

Same

• For me less than 30 minutes.

• zedzed Member

they've always been super responsive, in my experience. sometimes shockingly fast, 30mins etc.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

10-15 minutes, depending on load, in the night it should be fast.
    If you have Raid, no need for recovery.

However, keep your DRP ready at all times.

• tjntjn Member

Just FYI, I just had a hard drive fail and it was replaced in like 25 mins :)