Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4VPS changes in price
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4VPS changes in price

risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Got this in my email as a time4vps customer. I'm not entirely sure if this means my recurring discount plan is no longer applicable for recurring discount. Sent an email for confirmation before escalating my emotional response mode. The 'amps' part was in the email.

Hello,

Time4VPS would like to announce the upcoming price changes.
At the beginning of 2022, we changed our prices for new orders, the old packages were not changed at the time. Starting 22nd August 2022, Time4VPS will adjust the old prices of the rest packages to match the actual prices.

The changes will affect all VPS packages; you can review their regular, current prices on our website, based on which billing cycle you use:

https://www.time4vps.com/

Until 22nd August, you have time to renew and prolong your servers with your server's existing cost. You can check the article below to see how to renew your service manually:

https://www.time4vps.com/knowledgebase/how-to-manually-renew-services/

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Just got quick response, so it seems they might allow one more renewal at the recurring discount price if it's before August. This is still infuriating since they cannot honour the whole point of why they got the sale in the first place - if they had changed the website prices and left the discount I would be more fine to consider that. IIRC, they did this years ago as well and I stopped being a customer back then, gave them a chance again this time and they did it again - I'm done.

Hello, Risharde.

All current discounts will no longer be applied after the changes mentioned in the previous email take place in August. You can perform Manual Service Renew in advance based on the current pricing before August.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

yeah i would avoid them. all kinds of funny ways to advertise promotions. just stop these promos if they expect to sell at regular prices.

• umzakumzak Member

Is it because of the energy crisis in Europe?

Thanked by 1risharde
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@umzak said:
    Is it because of the energy crisis in Europe?

I shamefully did not think of that but there wasn't the previous time so I thought it was just shady again to be in the same situation as last time. My vent was more on principle - if I had to choose between people starving and price increase, then surely I would do the honourable thing and pay the price increase (without the discount) - but I like discounts just like most people and it was the main factor in my decision to go back with them.

• tetechtetech Member

Yes, they did this before. Then they ran new "recurring" promos. They were asked repeatedly (e.g. by me and others) whether the new promos were really "recurring" or only "recurring until they decided to change the price" like the last so-called recurring offers, but they said the price was was good for future renewals, e.g. see https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3361149, you don't even need to read past the first page.

If they are pulling the same trick again, then they should be warned and not allowed to claim on LET their offers are recurring.

• LESLES Member

They already did this some ago to get rid of cheap old contracts. Same with Hostens now.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • sonicsonic Veteran

is time4vps still alive?

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @sonic said:
    is time4vps still alive?

likely. not paying $200, but alive

Thanked by 1risharde
  • typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

Time4MoveToAnotherProvider :)

• jtkjtk Member

@LES said:
    They already did this some ago to get rid of cheap old contracts. Same with Hostens now.

For bother providers, it doesn't seem clear what the new prices will be. Are the new prices published somewhere?

• @risharde said:
    At the beginning of 2022

If my understanding is correct, if you bought before 2022, then there will be a price increase. Otherwise, no.

• offtopic, but may be someone knows: where I can rent dedi in the same DC as time4vps?
    That guys (time4vps) have great peering with my country. But google says that just rackray.com somehow related to UAB "Interneto vizija" with quite expensive servers.

• emghemgh Member

They've turned shitty since they got acquired by MissHosting, which basically is the company version of Hitler.

Thanked by 1vladimirlenin
  • emghemgh Member

@SashkaPro said:
    offtopic, but may be someone knows: where I can rent dedi in the same DC as time4vps?
    That guys (time4vps) have great peering with my country. But google says that just rackray.com somehow related to UAB "Interneto vizija" with quite expensive servers.

Depends on location?

• @typicalGtaTG said:
    Time4MoveToAnotherProvider :)

Yes exactly, even I am boarding this ship, don't know what are other better providers with cheaper prices.

Thanked by 1typicalGtaTG
  • drizbodrizbo Member

What was the price change for you?

• emghemgh Member

@emgh said:
    They've turned shitty since they got acquired by MissHosting, which basically is the company version of Hitler.

To add on to an aggressive statement, they're worse than EIG. By a long shot.

They bought FS Data and invoiced everyone for what was advertised as "free e-mail hosting".

Then they sold the invoices to a collection company.

I was one of them. I didn't pay, I wouldn't ever.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • miaumiau Member

I decided not to renew my storage plan with them.
    It's 2022 and they didn't offer any OS newer than Debian 9 for storage servers.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @miau said:
    I decided not to renew my storage plan with them.
    It's 2022 and they didn't offer any OS newer than Debian 9 for storage servers.

did they even move past openvz 6?

• @emgh said: Depends on location?

Yep.
    Somehow Time4VPS have direct connection with Russia and got 43 ms from my city.
    Other LT providers that I found have 50+ ms.
    Even Hetzner's Finland DC got 50ms from my location.

So for me Time4VPS (their DC) like a gem.

• @drizbo said:
    What was the price change for you?

It's nearly 2.4 times on all plans and they aren't giving any benefits of recurring discounts. I don't understand why are they charging old customers who are using already purchased hardware. They aren't spending extra bucks on old customers, all they would do is add new hardwares for new customers, which I understand they can go for price hike but how they justify raising prices for old customers and also remove discount coupons from their subscription. Is this a trick to extract money from everyone lol.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • joelbyjoelby Member

I have a 1TB storage VPS bought at the fantastic promo rate years ago which looks like it'll finally be going up (1.85x). I no longer need it and won't be renewing. However another Container VPS I bought at full price seems like it'll become cheaper!

Thanked by 1risharde
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2022

Does anyone understands how billing works in Lithuania? I guess not. Each time you renew service, you sign contract as a new one. With early notification they tell you, that cobtracts from X date will have Y details. You either sign or gtfo.

Low end market is not the target here. Business entites are. T4 advantages are clear and almost unbeatable for the given price:

1. They are solid. No deadpool, lame excuses or smth. Real, old company.
    2. Uptime. You know that, you take for granted until getting with new provider and sitting with subpar 95% uptime, but hey, 7 dollars saved!
    3. Support. Stellar. There is no excuses: covid, war, starvation, inflation or whatever. You ask - you receive.

Fck that? Sure. You are free to go.

Bad business practice to lure in and bank? It is business. If you look closer, all business try to mount you on a big, pulsating... deal.

• @LTniger said:
    Does anyone understands how billing works in Lithuania? I guess not. Each time you renew service, you sign contract as a new one. With early notification they tell you, that cobtracts from X date will have Y details. You either sign or gtfo.

Low end market is not the target here. Business entites are. T4 advantages are clear and almost unbeatable for the given price:

2. Uptime. You know that, you take for granted until getting with new provider and sitting with subpar 95% uptime, but hey, 7 dollars saved!
    3. Support. Stellar. There is no excuses: covid, war, starvation, inflation or whatever. You ask - you receive.

Bad business practice to lure in and bank? It is business. If you look closer, all business try to mount you on a big, pulsating... deal.

then what the fuck does "recurring" mean in Lithuania?

Thanked by 2kheng86 risharde
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2022

@cybertech said:

@LTniger said:

then what the fuck does "recurring" mean in Lithuania?

That you have same service for X period mentioned in contract. If contract has line that says it wount be changed - than you have your intepretation of recurring, when nothing changes until you cancel.

Sue them, try this in Lithuania court.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Looks like people might have to ask the next time they see a "recurring" deal/offer.

"Is this recurring for a few months, years, or lifetime?" :smiley:

Thanked by 3kheng86 risharde umzak
  • tetechtetech Member

@DP said:
    Looks like people might have to ask the next time they see a "recurring" deal/offer.

"Is this recurring for a few months, years, or lifetime?" :smiley:

When they themselves answer "this is a recurring offer, meaning that the discounted price will remain for the future renewals" (see link above), that is clear. It means future renewals (plural), so giving them the most generous interpretation, at minimum two renewals after the initial term.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

@LTniger said:
    Sue them, try this in Lithuania court.

screw that. take our monies to Bulgaria instead. they dont deserve any LET business because they have not payed $200.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180236/hello-summer-16c-32t-128gb-ram-50tb-bw-74-99eur-amd-ryzen-epyc-kvms-storage-servers-kvms

• joelbyjoelby Member

@joelby said:
    However another Container VPS I bought at full price seems like it'll become cheaper!

I take that back.. it is only the first year of service which is discounted - renewal is at full price. It would be cheaper to create a new VM and migrate all data every year, or perhaps just find a new home for it.