Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4VPS changes in price - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4VPS changes in price

2»

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@joelby said: I take that back.. it is only the first year of service which is discounted - renewal is at full price. It would be cheaper to create a new VM and migrate all data every year, or perhaps just find a new home for it.

I used to do that with Namecheap. I'd get great prices for the first year, then they wanted full price for the second year. I'd just migrate to a new one :smiley:

• i cannot disagree on prices, but they should be good on everything else.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Would you like me to provide a more real version of the support response which said previously? Don't know who to trust now.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I'm pretty sure you can trust them now.

@Arkas said:
    I'm pretty sure you can trust them now.

Can't place my full trust in this - this could just be a plan to make people like myself renew for another year and then they change their minds next year. I'm aware recurring for other providers could do the same thing.

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

What are the increases out of curiosity is it a few pounds/dollars or something significant. I understand any increase can be a bitter pill to swallow but then again a small increase can be expected at times.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@risharde said: Can't place my full trust in this - this could just be a plan to make people like myself

Seriously, you think this is a conspiracy? :smiley:

@Arkas said:

@risharde said: Can't place my full trust in this - this could just be a plan to make people like myself

Seriously, you think this is a conspiracy? :smiley:

Seriously, you need re-read what was said previously.

@SWS said:
    What are the increases out of curiosity is it a few pounds/dollars or something significant. I understand any increase can be a bitter pill to swallow but then again a small increase can be expected at times.

My plan which is a 512GB plan would change to 29.88 EUR (current promises recurring price is/was: $20 EUR) - so initial increase of 9.88 EUR first year - this is their current offer of 50% which I don't think is a recurring discount (confirmed it's now on the website). Meaning the price would then change on renewal to $59.76 EUR after the first year (an increase of $29.76 EUR (if they lie or cannot decide who's actually making decisions in the company). So it's fairly substantial.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@risharde said: Seriously

Seriously, I'd appreciate a little more humbleness, as I took the necessary action to come to a quick resolution to this. In any case, take it as you wish, you can trust their word that they said here or not, I'm not the guarantee.

@Arkas said:

@risharde said: Seriously

Seriously, I'd appreciate a little more humbleness, as I took the necessary action to come to a quick resolution to this. In any case, take it as you wish, you can trust their word that they said here or not, I'm not the guarantee.

@Arkas It might appear that I wasn't humble to you but your wording with the seriously could be deemed as not being humble either - which I interpreted that way but sure since you asked me to be humble implying I'm not, I'll try to be kind and grant it. I'm not ungrateful, thanks for intervening privately according to your post in the other thread.

Unrelated to the above message towards the moderator:

Will Time4VPS send out an email to customers confirming such recurring discount to those who had it - that would be courteous and might reduce the amount of support tickets regarding the change - after all LET isn't the main support desk - well it can be but you know what I mean? Time4VPS has not posted in this particular thread (but I think time4vps said they saw the thread) so basically I had to jump there to find the response (hmmm). Just noting it. Enough holes poked here, I'm leaving the topic since it's been resolved.

If we live for the next 2 years, we'll have to see what plays out - and this will be the record to check up on it.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • I didn't understand the increase.

I have three VPS STORAGES, two at 0.5TB and one at 1 TB.

What are the new prices I will be paying?

Thanks to those who will answer me.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

No new prices.