Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for SMTP provider, including inbound
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for SMTP provider, including inbound

I like to run my own mail server. postfix, dovecot, spamassassin , etc.

Looking for a good , inexpensive service that will handle SMTP, inbound and out. Single user. less than 5 domains. Less than 50 emails a day ( usually less than that a month ). or an inexpensive vps that will allow me to set one up.

I've had a working configuration with rDNS , DKIM and all that through a low cost VPS with virmach.com. However now it is being migrated and the timing is unknown and it will take a while to get the rDNS and port 25 opened on the new IP. I cant complain as the price is right. currently running it off my residential service which is less than ideal ( no rDNS )

thanks

Comments

• Amazon SES?

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks for making 2nd post for Virmach and praising them one again.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

MXRoute is a good alternative.
    @jar

Thanked by 1jar
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited July 2022

You can try smarthost.net or letbox.com for vps to setup your own mail server.
    I suggest to use a relay like mail.baby

I setup my mail server with mail.baby + saferoute + pmg + spamexperts

@SmartHost

• RefinedHostRefinedHost Member, Host Rep

Hello,
    We can offer you a VPS for an affordable price. We currently have discounts. Check out our website or PM us on here so we can better assist you!

• nick_nick_ Member

Purelymail is good and it's only $10 a year.

• Thanks for all the replies. I am looking thru them now.

• I went with mail.baby for outgoing SMTP. $1 per month via paypal. They had instructions to incorporate into postfix.

and no, my virmach vm is not back up.

thanks for all the suggestions

• The funny thing is I have free shared hosting at Virmach that I think is still up.