Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to WHMCS

Dears,
i'm Luca from C1V.

I am looking for any valid alternative to WHMCS with better UI and admin statistics, with a way to move our current WHMCS database to it.
Do you know any WHMCS' similar service?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Blesta, hostbill, you're welcome.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2022

I would suggest Clientexec. Cheaper and decent with good support.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited July 2022

Write yourself, always most reliable :-)

I have found solutions like ClientExec or Blesta to be incompatible with legislation in European countries, that is without a ton of customization.

Thanked by 3Donkey v3ng lentro
  • @RickBakkr said:

I have found solutions like ClientExec or Blesta to be incompatible with legislation in European countries, that is without a ton of customization.

It would take a lot of time for us, also we need to migrate all WHMCS things in the new panel.
    Something EU complaint?

• I forgot, we use proxmox

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

hostbill will be perfect for you. Only problem with hb is that it is good then its good but if you want something to be changed in it, its very bad.

For hb, you can try for 1 month and if you don't like it, get refund.

Thanked by 1kalipus
  • Only alternatives I am aware of are Blesta, Clientexec, HostBill, BoxBilling.

BoxBilling is open source, and some providers provide a free Blesta license.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • niceboyniceboy Veteran

I felt, compared to clientexec, blesta migrator is not that good.

I tested converting a 200MB whmcs database with blesta and clientexec. Clientexec took less than half of the time required for blesta migration and did it mostly accurate.

Blesta did the migration but with lots of pricing import errors. Probably, blesta needs to spend more time on improving their migrator.

• Check Out Upmind. https://upmind.com 😀

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@VISWANATHVB said:
    Check Out Upmind. https://upmind.com 😀

Thats very interesting. Have you tested it?

• @VISWANATHVB said:

This looks like a really good piece of service. Thanks for sharing!

• @MikePT said:

@VISWANATHVB said:

Thats very interesting. Have you tested it?

Yes i have tested. They have free plan. Try it 😃

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @VISWANATHVB said:

Is there any method to migrate the WHMCS DB to it?

edited July 2022

@VISWANATHVB said: Check Out Upmind. https://upmind.com 😀

Sad they only offer a Hosted solutions in AWS Cloud, which means European companies, or companies serving European citizens, most likely cannot use their Service if they wish to remain compliant with our local data protection legislation ...

• upmindupmind Member

Hi guys- Seb here from Upmind. Saw a flurry of signups from here so thought I'd jump in and can directly answer any questions. Thanks for the recommendation. In brief, we're in beta but a pretty advanced product that's been in dev for ~4 years and running live on a number of hosts for ~2 years. We're a team of ten working full-time on the product so improvements happening pretty quickly.

To answer some specific point so far:

1. Yes you can import from whmcs. Under settings -> imports. For now we use the whmcs api to get the data which almost always works well. The main thing we can't import through the api is client passwords. In the future we're likely to write a whmcs module so that we can get that too (not imminent). Import guide at https://docs.upmind.com/docs/importing-from-whmcs

2. For now we are on AWS in London. One of the things we're working on at the moment is options for data residency, so we're almost certain to have US + EU locations soon. We've also got the ability coming for us to run an instance on hardware provided by the host, which some larger customers have requested.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Welcome to the forum @upmind . You indeed have a very nice product, I tried it as a test after seeing the link in this thread. Keep up the good work, and hopefully give LET members some discounts :wink:

Thanked by 2upmind Logano
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@upmind said:
    Hi guys- Seb here from Upmind. Saw a flurry of signups from here so thought I'd jump in and can directly answer any questions. Thanks for the recommendation. In brief, we're in beta but a pretty advanced product that's been in dev for ~4 years and running live on a number of hosts for ~2 years. We're a team of ten working full-time on the product so improvements happening pretty quickly.

1. Yes you can import from whmcs. Under settings -> imports. For now we use the whmcs api to get the data which almost always works well. The main thing we can't import through the api is client passwords. In the future we're likely to write a whmcs module so that we can get that too (not imminent). Import guide at https://docs.upmind.com/docs/importing-from-whmcs

2. For now we are on AWS in London. One of the things we're working on at the moment is options for data residency, so we're almost certain to have US + EU locations soon. We've also got the ability coming for us to run an instance on hardware provided by the host, which some larger customers have requested.

Very interesting indeed, I like your website, haven't tested the product yet, but your team seems to be solid. Though I'd prefer to own my data completely, SaaS isn't an option :(.

If you have the ability to run an instance on hw provided b the hosts, I'd be interested in trialing it.

• There is also @jord and his baby - Billing Serv

Thanked by 2raindog308 Jord
  • pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@RickBakkr said:

What legislation do you mean? Blesta is GDPR compliant when configured correctly.

• BoxBilling got rebranded if anyone is concerned about it.

https://github.com/FOSSBilling/FOSSBilling

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Some related LEB posts:

Thanked by 4Arkas szarka Jord sasslik

@pphillips said:

@RickBakkr said:

What legislation do you mean? Blesta is GDPR compliant when configured correctly.

There are rules when it comes to invoicing, irrelated to GDPR/data protection. For example: invoices cannot be “cancelled”, need to be in order, be immutable, and so on …

My experiences when trying Blesta was that I couldn’t make it fit the Dutch way of invoicing.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@RickBakkr said:

@pphillips said:

@RickBakkr said:

There are rules when it comes to invoicing, irrelated to GDPR/data protection. For example: invoices cannot be “cancelled”, need to be in order, be immutable, and so on …

My experiences when trying Blesta was that I couldn’t make it fit the Dutch way of invoicing.

It may have been a while since you took. Invoices are immutable when enabling the Invoice Cache Method using JSON or JSON+PDF. When the cache is enabled, none of the data changes in the invoice, contact information, etc. all remains the same as originally issued. If there is some other thing that makes it incompatible in your region, we'd love to know about it.

Thanked by 2raindog308 szarka
  • szarkaszarka Member

@Boogeyman said:
    BoxBilling got rebranded if anyone is concerned about it.

https://github.com/FOSSBilling/FOSSBilling

Looks more like a fork than a rebranding.

• TejyTejy Member

@upmind said:

The fact that the market is transitioning to a whole new "SaaS" model is kind of complex for hosting companies. Why I will host my customer area on AWS, or let the software developer manage it, while my job is to manage servers, and software packages on it.

Blesta, or WHMCS on a SaaS way wouldn't work at all, as hosting companies prefer to manage their own infrastructure, which is kind of normal regarding their core business.

So disappointed that your software will not offer a self-hosted version, as it looks so modern, and promising! The dominant position of WHMCS, and the fact that this market is a niche, leads to very little general innovation (user experience, addons, theming, etc).

• @szarka said: Looks more like a fork than a rebranding.

Yes. BoxBilling was kept. The fork is also from original author.

• @upmind said: The main thing we can't import through the api is client passwords

So any client will have to reset it?

• upmindupmind Member

@Tejy said:
    The fact that the market is transitioning to a whole new "SaaS" model is kind of complex for hosting companies. Why I will host my customer area on AWS, or let the software developer manage it, while my job is to manage servers, and software packages on it.

Blesta, or WHMCS on a SaaS way wouldn't work at all, as hosting companies prefer to manage their own infrastructure, which is kind of normal regarding their core business.

So disappointed that your software will not offer a self-hosted version, as it looks so modern, and promising! The dominant position of WHMCS, and the fact that this market is a niche, leads to very little general innovation (user experience, addons, theming, etc).

I’ll give you quite a comprehensive reply with my thoughts.

First, I completely get the point. Some hosts will always want to run everything themselves, even to the extent of not even using external software, let alone SAAS. Other’s don’t, and most hosts are using a SAAS platform somewhere in their business - be it for live chat or support, card tokenisation, analytics, site builders etc. We recognise that we’re not going to be the best solution for everyone.

That said,
    i) There are parts of Upmind you can run yourself. For example we’re completely open sourcing the provisioning system (partly done at https://github.com/upmind-automation/) so that people can run their own instance of the provisioning system on their own hardware with completely custom integrations.
    ii) We’re API-first, so you could run your own frontend or integrate into whatever other systems you run. API not officially live yet but you can see the scale of it at https://demoapi.upmind.io/doc/
    iii) We have planned for a self-hosted option in future and are in discussion with a number of hosts about it, albeit for the reasons I’ll explain below it’s not simple (or cheap) and mostly designed for large hosts who provide us hardware onto which we deploy an instance.

At Upmind, our decision to go SAAS was really about three things:

1. How can we build the best software? Because we’re not constrained by what we can expect our clients to run, we can be microserviced and have a fairly free choice of what technologies we want to use in different areas. For example, we’re exploring Melisearch as a quick full text search. Our platform runs on K8 clusters that can auto-scale. You can send a mailshot with us through SES without having to configure anything. We’re looking at ways to efficiently do identity verification for fraud prevention. Even though many hosts can configure and run these things, if we were self-hosted we’d be compromising and probably be creating another monolith like those that already exist.

2. How easy can we make it for people to come onboard? Most people using Upmind will never pay us a penny. We’ve got a very generous free tier. Signup with us is <30 seconds and zero configuration.

3. We’re starting with hosting billing because we know the industry, because it’s actually one of the most complex billing areas with loads of different variants (domains, usage-based, promos, fraud, disparate support teams) and because it is completely global. But once we’ve built the functionality we need for hosts, we’re aiming much wider. For example, we’ll have a WordPress plugin that takes on WooCommerce and Contact Form 7 / Ninjaforms; we want to tackle web designer project billing. Those clients don’t want to self-host.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • @upmind do you support:
    1. Proxmox
    2. Bitcoin/Ether/crypto payments
    3. STRIPE SEPA Direct debit payments
    4. Paypal?

• upmindupmind Member
    edited July 2022

@c1vhosting said:

@upmind said: The main thing we can't import through the api is client passwords

So any client will have to reset it?

That's what we'd recommend for now really.

If you'd like an API endpoint to force set a client password (as an admin) we can create that - so if you can get the client passwords out of WHMCS / or if you know them, you could then set the passwords that way?

Edit: Endpoint exists and passwords can be manually set for clients.