Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to WHMCS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to WHMCS

2»

Comments

• @upmind said:

@c1vhosting said:

@upmind said: The main thing we can't import through the api is client passwords

So any client will have to reset it?

That's what we'd recommend for now really.

If you'd like an API endpoint to force set a client password (as an admin) we can create that - so if you can get the client passwords out of WHMCS / or if you know them, you could then set the passwords that way?

What I wanted is to have no password, it's correct. When the client tries to log in to the new portal for the first time, he is asked to reset his password

• upmindupmind Member

@c1vhosting said:

What I wanted is to have no password, it's correct. When the client tries to log in to the new portal for the first time, he is asked to reset his password

To set a password for the client, if you are authenticated as an admin PUT /api/clients/{id} {"password": "xxxxx"}. We'll add the option to do this to the Frontend too so you can do it manually

Not having a password isn't possible - I don't think you'd want someone to just be able to authenticate without any form of checking. But you could edit the password reset email (settings->email templates) to say 'please set your first password for the new system' and then send that to anyone you wanted to? Open a ticket with us if you want us to give you an example.

• @upmind said: Not having a password isn't possible - I don't think you'd want someone to just be able to authenticate without any form of checking.

I think they mean when a user tries to authenticate if they don't have a password the password reset flow is initiated automatically

• @upmind said:

@c1vhosting said:

To set a password for the client, if you are authenticated as an admin PUT /api/clients/{id} {"password": "xxxxx"}. We'll add the option to do this to the Frontend too so you can do it manually

Not having a password isn't possible - I don't think you'd want someone to just be able to authenticate without any form of checking. But you could edit the password reset email (settings->email templates) to say 'please set your first password for the new system' and then send that to anyone you wanted to? Open a ticket with us if you want us to give you an example.

Hi,
    thank you.
    I mean the client has to set a password the first time (as an email was sent to him to say "reset the password" with a link. If there's no password, he can't log in.
    I don't want to change it for a user, but every client has to set it at the first time.

• upmindupmind Member

@lukehebb said:
    I think they mean when a user tries to authenticate if they don't have a password the password reset flow is initiated automatically

Aha I see great idea. We can do that. Will add an issue.

Thanked by 1lukehebb
  • @upmind said:

@lukehebb said:

Aha I see great idea. We can do that. Will add an issue.

Do you support Proxmox? Or will you?

• upmindupmind Member

Not yet. We'll eventually support everything possible including Proxmox -- we're not a million miles off a way for people to build and test their own integrations and easily submit them for review. And then beyond that long-term people will be able to run their own instances of our provisioning system and run entirely bespoke integrations.

• WISECP is also an option https://www.wisecp.com/
    Their whmcs importer is excellent.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

I have 2 questions for you @upmind

1. When will Direct Admin be an option?
    2. Does your Stripe gateway support ACH? -- if not, when will this functionality be added?
  • @c1vhosting said:
    Dears,
    i'm Luca from C1V.

I am looking for any valid alternative to WHMCS with better UI and admin statistics, with a way to move our current WHMCS database to it.
    Do you know any WHMCS' similar service?

BoxBilling is a great alternative for WHMCS

• tmepytmepy Member
    edited July 2022

@upmind said:
    Hi guys- Seb here from Upmind. Saw a flurry of signups from here so thought I'd jump in and can directly answer any questions. Thanks for the recommendation. In brief, we're in beta but a pretty advanced product that's been in dev for ~4 years and running live on a number of hosts for ~2 years. We're a team of ten working full-time on the product so improvements happening pretty quickly.

To answer some specific point so far:

1. Yes you can import from whmcs. Under settings -> imports. For now we use the whmcs api to get the data which almost always works well. The main thing we can't import through the api is client passwords. In the future we're likely to write a whmcs module so that we can get that too (not imminent). Import guide at https://docs.upmind.com/docs/importing-from-whmcs

2. For now we are on AWS in London. One of the things we're working on at the moment is options for data residency, so we're almost certain to have US + EU locations soon. We've also got the ability coming for us to run an instance on hardware provided by the host, which some larger customers have requested.

Do you guys have virtualizor and pterodactyl support? Or do we have to make one "server" as they call it on whmcs.

• upmindupmind Member

@tmepy said:

Do you guys have virtualizor and pterodactyl support? Or do we have to make one "server" as they call it on whmcs.

Basically we've got a few 'i's to dot and 't's to cross which we're working on at the moment, then we will be moving to a) widening the integrations we offer and b) easily allowing others to build integrations. Server options like these game panels and server panels, and hosting panels like DirectAdmin, Apis, Cyberpanel etc all coming then likely quite quickly. Our integrations at the moment are quite bare bones as we're prioritising nailing functionality (like this month multi-level tax, quick adding orders, domain verification, and pushing provisioning configuration options to after the order - so your client can order product 'x' and then configure it afterwards rather than in the checkout flow).

In terms of payment gateways, similar story there albeit we'll be writing the integrations directly because we want to ensure a high standard. We're also making sure we have good contact with the technical teams at whoever we integrate. In terms of Stripe ACH specifically, we have a Stripe direct API integration for cards but we'll need to embed a Stripe flow / SDK (as far as I understand it -- minds much cleverer than me are handling the integration) and on our side we just need to find a way of doing things like this that don't bulk the frontend code. All possible - just coming and on the roadmap. Our priority for gateways initially is to get global coverage - so we've just added Payfast, and we're about to move to PayStack, RazorPay & Flutterwave.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@upmind said:

@tmepy said:

Basically we've got a few 'i's to dot and 't's to cross which we're working on at the moment, then we will be moving to a) widening the integrations we offer and b) easily allowing others to build integrations. Server options like these game panels and server panels, and hosting panels like DirectAdmin, Apis, Cyberpanel etc all coming then likely quite quickly. Our integrations at the moment are quite bare bones as we're prioritising nailing functionality (like this month multi-level tax, quick adding orders, domain verification, and pushing provisioning configuration options to after the order - so your client can order product 'x' and then configure it afterwards rather than in the checkout flow).

In terms of payment gateways, similar story there albeit we'll be writing the integrations directly because we want to ensure a high standard. We're also making sure we have good contact with the technical teams at whoever we integrate. In terms of Stripe ACH specifically, we have a Stripe direct API integration for cards but we'll need to embed a Stripe flow / SDK (as far as I understand it -- minds much cleverer than me are handling the integration) and on our side we just need to find a way of doing things like this that don't bulk the frontend code. All possible - just coming and on the roadmap. Our priority for gateways initially is to get global coverage - so we've just added Payfast, and we're about to move to PayStack, RazorPay & Flutterwave.

Excellent. Still if its possible to run this in our own hardware, I would be very interested to give it a try.

• Hello! I would like to know why WHMCS is not suitable? In fact, there are a sufficient number of them, for example:
    clientexec.
    HostBill.
    HostLaunch.
    WISECP.
    Ubersmith.
    BILLmanager.
    But you have to see what suits you best. Clientexec is quite versatile in this regard.

• Coding your own is better.

Anyways I suggest Clientexec for pricing and UI

• @kuzmenkovlad said:
    Hello! I would like to know why WHMCS is not suitable? In fact, there are a sufficient number of them, for example:
    clientexec.
    HostBill.
    HostLaunch.
    WISECP.
    Ubersmith.
    BILLmanager.
    But you have to see what suits you best. Clientexec is quite versatile in this regard.

It seems Clientexec doesn’t have Proxmox as module supported. What alternative with Proxmox?

• @c1vhosting said:

@kuzmenkovlad said:
    Hello! I would like to know why WHMCS is not suitable? In fact, there are a sufficient number of them, for example:
    clientexec.
    HostBill.
    HostLaunch.
    WISECP.
    Ubersmith.
    BILLmanager.

It seems Clientexec doesn’t have Proxmox as module supported. What alternative with Proxmox?

You can try HostBill. Proxmox is supported

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • ourvdsourvds Member

Rootpanel

• Noooooooooooooooooooooo

• You can use blesta/hostbill but none of them are as good as whmcs

• We're writing our own code and developing our own platform.
    It should be the best way

• 4Server4Server Member, Host Rep

BILLmanager 6
    Great functionality both from the client side and from the admin side. There is a possibility of migration from WHMCS
    A clear interface, but it seems to me, from the user's point of view, there is too much of everything. But the ISP has always done this.

• timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited January 2023

@4Server said:
    BILLmanager 6
    Great functionality both from the client side and from the admin side. There is a possibility of migration from WHMCS
    A clear interface, but it seems to me, from the user's point of view, there is too much of everything. But the ISP has always done this.

They have become more expensive than whmcs though. Their price hike is like that of cpanel and was unprecedented.

• Hopebilling is useless has not been updated in awhile.

Boxbilling is dead and can not be revived unless forked and then it is is not Boxbilling anymore.

FOSSBilling has virtually no documentation and that makes it difficult to do much of anything.

I have tried all of these over the last month or so and none of them are production ready as far as I am concerned.

• 4Server4Server Member, Host Rep

@timelapse said:

@4Server said:
    BILLmanager 6

They have become more expensive than whmcs though. Their price hike is like that of cpanel and was unprecedented.

That's right, that's why we moved out of it to our billing, with current prices, and time, it's cheaper and easier to make "our own"

• @upmind said:
    Hi guys- Seb here from Upmind. Saw a flurry of signups from here so thought I'd jump in and can directly answer any questions. Thanks for the recommendation. In brief, we're in beta but a pretty advanced product that's been in dev for ~4 years and running live on a number of hosts for ~2 years. We're a team of ten working full-time on the product so improvements happening pretty quickly.

To answer some specific point so far:

1. Yes you can import from whmcs. Under settings -> imports. For now we use the whmcs api to get the data which almost always works well. The main thing we can't import through the api is client passwords. In the future we're likely to write a whmcs module so that we can get that too (not imminent). Import guide at https://docs.upmind.com/docs/importing-from-whmcs

2. For now we are on AWS in London. One of the things we're working on at the moment is options for data residency, so we're almost certain to have US + EU locations soon. We've also got the ability coming for us to run an instance on hardware provided by the host, which some larger customers have requested.

is integrated with wordpress?

• S4_JohnS4_John Member
    edited February 2023

@AuroraZero said:
    Hopebilling is useless has not been updated in awhile.

Boxbilling is dead and can not be revived unless forked and then it is is not Boxbilling anymore.

FOSSBilling has virtually no documentation and that makes it difficult to do much of anything.

I have tried all of these over the last month or so and none of them are production ready as far as I am concerned.

I'm a member of the Steering Committee for FOSSBilling, have just noticed this post and wanted to add a few insights.

I have never looked at HopeBilling but the fact that there have been no updates for a couple of years doesn't bode well.

BoxBilling is effectively dead, it is not receiving security fixes or any kind of maintenance, you will notice some semi-recent merges in the GitHub repo, but they are only updates of things from dependabot, and I wouldn't count on them having been tested at all before being merged.

FOSSBilling was forked from BoxBilling last year, after attempts to resurrect BB stalled and we realised that a fork with new governance and a committee rather than a single project owner was the only sensible way forward.

FOSSBilling is getting there, and there have been a lot of recent improvements in stability and security as well as some important bug fixes recently. There have actually been several releases since this post at the start of the year, and there will be another one in the next few days.

It is still a very long way from perfect, there may possibly be bugs that we are not aware of, and we are not officially advising anyone to use it in production yet. But there are people who are doing so, and for sure it is a much more secure and workable experience than you would have got with BoxBilling in the last few years.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Here in Brazil there is a very promising solution. It is still focused on the local market in "Portuguese", soon it will have the English version for global sale until the middle of 2023. O Isistem!