Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox v2.0 is LIVE!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox v2.0 is LIVE!

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

LowEndBox 2.0 is now live.

https://lowendbox.com

I'm very proud and excited to be releasing the new design. I believe it brings LowEndBox into the 2020's and makes the site more readable, content more digestible, improves the links/cohesion between LEB and LET (you'll notice that recent LET offers are now on the home page of LEB), and more!

Just because v2.0 is launched doesn't mean we won't stop fixing and improving things from here... so if you have feedback please share it!

Thanks to everyone who contributed their time and suggestions to help make version 2.0 great.

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Love the change! Great work to both you and the team who made this real.

• LisoLiso Member

Congratulations 👏

• FoulFoul Member

Ew.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh - Congratulations. Te new design looks great, showing more offers and posts to end users now to get more engaged.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@hostnamaste said:
    @jbiloh - Congratulations. Te new design looks great, showing more offers and posts to end users now to get more engaged.

Thanks!

We think so too.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Congrats @jbiloh! Also to the design team and the code team! LEB 2.0 accomplishes the goals of showing the breadth of LEB's content and also having content persist longer on the landing page. I bet LEB's views and SEO presence will increase significantly as a result of LEB 2.0. Congrats again! <3

• @jbiloh said:
    LowEndBox 2.0 is now live.

https://lowendbox.com

I'm very proud and excited to be releasing the new design. I believe it brings LowEndBox into the 2020's and makes the site more readable, content more digestible, improves the links/cohesion between LEB and LET (you'll notice that recent LET offers are now on the home page of LEB), and more!

Just because v2.0 is launched doesn't mean we won't stop fixing and improving things from here... so if you have feedback please share it!

Thanks to everyone who contributed their time and suggestions to help make version 2.0 great.

Awesome! Congratulations.

• DonkeyDonkey Member

Good work 👍

• visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh Congratulations Sir for new design.

• raviravi Member
    edited July 2022

Nice work... congrats :)

You can add box-shadow to posts to make it more cleaner.

• raviravi Member

1) Header and main should have equal left margin.

2) Main left margin AND Sidebar right space should be equal.

This two can be fixed by modifying this css code to:

#content { margin: 30px 360px 0 30px; }

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • emghemgh Member

Nice! Looks just like the demo did with the subdoma.. nvm

• Will be honest, I thought the old design was better. Maybe it's just me, but it kind of had a charm to it. Much more indicative of what websites used to look like before everyone started going for "flat for the sakeness of flat" design method.

• VoidVoid Member

Will there be a mobile version too? I don’t see any difference now.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

feels like digg 2.0...

Francisco

Thanked by 2Erisa LordSpock
  • epic sax

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited July 2022

Eh, why the hell I expected anything else?

Mobile post view still broken.
    Desktop main page looks like a fucking gallery rather than blog - images takes more than text.
    Oh, not only main page, seems like shorter blog entries are amazing too - try to find "content" here :D https://lowendbox.com/blog/whats-better-than-a-1gb-vps-in-tokyo-for-under-5-month-ill-tell-you/

Thanked by 2adly bulbasaur
  • VoidVoid Member

To be honest, desktop view isn’t better ether. Earlier it was just a bit outdated style but now it looks cluttered and confusing. Really need some box-shadow or whatever that is called. Posts could have better pictures so that the thumbnails would look nice on homepage.

Thanked by 2adly Erisa
  • @jbiloh Something broke because I'm still getting the old design.

• @Hotmarer said:
    @jbiloh Something broke because I'm still getting the old design.

I'm getting the old design, too.

• tronyxtronyx Member

Nice design 👍

• The site looks like it is from the 2000s with a boxed design.

• @JabJab said:
    Desktop main page looks like a fucking gallery rather than blog - images takes more than text.

This.
    The images are far too big, it's actually off putting to even look at the page for more than 5 seconds due to image overload.

Thanked by 1adly
  • KebabKebab Member

While I like colors and boxyness, I don't like that it's too wide, I don't like moving my head.
    https://i.imgur.com/o7x3SAs.png

• Mobile still needs a lot of work.

Thanked by 1adly
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Holy shit, that's so much worse.

• Yeah, i really don't like it. Makes it really hard to see/glance at articles and offers.

• How about adding a tag for Singapore on the home page?

@ravi said:
    1) Header and main should have equal left margin.

2) Main left margin AND Sidebar right space should be equal.

This two can be fixed by modifying this css code to:

#content { margin: 30px 360px 0 30px; }

I made this change and did not see any difference. Am I missing something?

@jmaxwell said:
    To be honest, desktop view isn’t better ether. Earlier it was just a bit outdated style but now it looks cluttered and confusing. Really need some box-shadow or whatever that is called. Posts could have better pictures so that the thumbnails would look nice on homepage.

New content will have higher quality images so that it looks better.

We will look into the box shadowing as suggested by a few others.

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    The site looks like it is from the 2000s with a boxed design.

Doh!

@moontakane said:
    Mobile still needs a lot of work.

Let me know what you think should change.

@TobiasFhtagn said:
    Yeah, i really don't like it. Makes it really hard to see/glance at articles and offers.

The problem with the old design is that tons of content got lost forever within the site. That's not the case anymore.