Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMantis to migrate customers to "DynamicHosting.ca"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMantis to migrate customers to "DynamicHosting.ca"

Anyone heard of DynamicHosting.ca before? Guess that migration finally gives me a good reason to migrate away from HM. Wanted to migrate for a while but postponed it.

@bikegremlin if you are still there, maybe think twice whether you wanna stay. Take backups before things get messy :)

Dear client,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for being a loyal customer over the years, we are profoundly grateful for your support. As our company has grown, we have made several modifications to our services and solutions adapting to the ever-changing demands of today’s IT landscape. Through it all, our goal has been to ensure we provide our clients with world-class solutions, technical support, and impeccable customer service.

As of July 1st, 2022, to continue our evolution we are partnering with Dynamic Hosting. Going forward, Dynamic Hosting will be managing all monitoring, technical support, and billing services accordingly.

We genuinely appreciate your business over the years, much of our growth can be attributed to amazingly dedicated customers like you. In the coming days, you will receive a detailed email containing details from Dynamic Hosting on how to contact technical support, customer service and account management.

FAQ:

What happens to my account?

Initially, nothing at all. However, in mid-July communications will begin going out to schedule a migration of your account to a new platform. As part of the Partnership with Dynamic Hosting our hosting infrastructure is being upgraded to the latest technologies. This upgrade will require a migration to the new platform that our support team will manage for you during a scheduled maintenance window that suits you.

How will I interact with my account?

The same client area account that you currently use will remain available to you (i.e. https://my.hostmantis.com/clientarea.php ). In August an upgrade to that system will also occur during a brief maintenance window. However, there should be no functional change for you.

Support Information (For Use After July 1, 2022)

[email protected] - Technical Support - 866-567-8464 option 2

[email protected] – 866-567-8464 Ex 954 – Billing/Account Management

Will my credit card be migrated?

At this time, it will not, Dynamic Hosting will set up your account on their system and request updated billing information. Once complete, as of July 1, 2022, all future invoices will be paid to Dynamic Hosting and HostMantis invoices will cease.

Will my pricing change?

Not at all, all pricing and services provided by HostMantis will be the same after the transition to Dynamic Hosting.

Thank you for your continued patronage,

HostMantis Sales
[email protected]

Comments

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited June 2022

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Ha, great to see this on forum and not in my mailbox.

As I can understand from letter that they will migrate existing sites to DynamicHosting.ca, but DynamicHosting as I can see just have Canadian Location and my sites in Germany with HM now.

With HM large prices quite difficult to understand why they quit business.

And for sure no refund offered. :(

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • LeeLee Veteran

I think most of us saw this coming.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Lee said:
    I think most of us saw this coming.

What exactly ?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Saahib said: What exactly ?

The obvious.

• I have already migrated my Primary One. but another 2 already with them, will move asap.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

As a Dynamic host, I would like to welcome you all. You are now home! You are now safe! You can now relax!

• They made it sound like they are partnering with dynamic hosting, why not call it as it is, sold their business.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    They made it sound like they are partnering with dynamic hosting, why not call it as it is, sold their business.

This^ seems like a cryptic way of putting it.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    They made it sound like they are partnering with dynamic hosting, why not call it as it is, sold their business.

Exactly.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • well their prices had been dynamically increasing so it makes sense

Thanked by 2dahartigan mrTom
  • I got the same email. The question is who the heck is DynamicHosting.ca? I have never heard about this company. And their website doesn't look so hot.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@mafidom said:
    I got the same email. The question is who the heck is DynamicHosting.ca? I have never heard about this company. And their website doesn't look so hot.

Me neither, hence the impending migration :D

Thanked by 2bikegremlin Egyarmy
  • @Ympker said:

@mafidom said:
    I got the same email. The question is who the heck is DynamicHosting.ca? I have never heard about this company. And their website doesn't look so hot.

:)

Thanked by 2Ympker Egyarmy
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@mafidom said:

Time to try Softaculous remote install import from HM to MyW :)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2022

Saw this comment on WHT.

As a former Dynamic Hosting client I am beyond disappointed and would never recommend Dynamic Hosting. HostMantis has been awesome to work with and the Reston, VA server (OVH) is fantastic. Dynamic is essentially Canada's EIG. Caveat Emptor.

• Where are you migrating from hostmantis ?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@hostkar said:
    Where are you migrating from hostmantis ?

MyW of course.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@hostkar said:

MyW

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • bdlbdl Member

Is their control panel called DHCP?

Thanked by 2bruh21 bulbasaur
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@MikePT said:

@hostkar said:

MyW of course.

This is your/MyWs moment, Mike. Create some refugee threads (at WHT) with clever marketing, like pay half the invoice amount or get more resources/features at MyW than what you got at HM. Be a saviour there.

• @Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@mafidom said:

Naaah - HM blocked it (last time I tried).
    But DA to DA migrations are a breeze, so no problems there (knock on wood). :)

I've also finally decided to give MDDhosting a try - will write feedback in more detail than any sane person would care for, as usually.

P.S.
    It's true - it is dynamic! :)

Thanked by 3Ympker Arkas hostkar
  • MS said:

@MikePT said:

@hostkar said:

MyW of course.

This is your/MyWs moment, Mike. Create some refugee threads (at WHT) with clever marketing, like pay half the invoice amount or get more resources/features at MyW than what you got at HM. Be a saviour there.

You don't get us HM customers, do you?
    We want price hikes, not discounts! :)

Thanked by 4_MS_ MikePT mrTom Egyarmy
  • emghemgh Member

Expected. Migrated to Hetzner + DA a few weeks ago.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • JasonMJasonM Member

Never heard the name dynamichosting.ca
    also is entire hostmantis infrastructure going to be transferred? vps, enterprise or only shared/reseller hosting?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@mafidom said:

I've also finally decided to give MDDhosting a try - will write feedback in more detail than any sane person would care for, as usually.

P.S.

In that case I won't even bother and go for Updraft/AIO WP as always.

Thanked by 2Lee bikegremlin
  • emghemgh Member

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@mafidom said:

P.S.

Always use AIO but have a feeling zipping and uploading the whole folder structure for all sites at once and manually downloading a db backup for all databases, and proceed to upload them one by one in phpmyadmin might actually be faster.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2022

@emgh said:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@mafidom said:

P.S.

Always use AIO but have a feeling zipping and uploading the whole folder structure for all sites at once and manually downloading a db backup for all databases, and proceed to upload them one by one in phpmyadmin might actually be faster.

They have that extension where you can transfer from site to site (aka host to host) using aio wp. Maybe give that one a try?

https://servmask.com/products/direct-extension

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@hostkar said:

MyW

<3

MS said:

@MikePT said:

@hostkar said:

MyW of course.

I'll see what I can do.

The good news is that we may even offer cPanel hosting if there is enough demand for it. What's your take there? I've no idea if it's worth offering cPanel hosting tbh.

And more news. DA offers migrations within the panel from cPanel to DA.
    Root and Resellers can perform the migrations from cPanel, all automatically.

Thanked by 2bikegremlin Ympker
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

If anyone needs an alternative in NA, EU, SGP for shared hosting (no reseller) PM me.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin