Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMantis to migrate customers to "DynamicHosting.ca" - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMantis to migrate customers to "DynamicHosting.ca"

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

So they sold the company then or are the owners working at dynamic?

Francisco

• No idea what's going to happen as I still have them until March 2024

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@MikePT said:

And more news. DA offers migrations within the panel from cPanel to DA.
    Root and Resellers can perform the migrations from cPanel, all automatically.

Heya mate,
    can you point me to where exactly this option is to be found in the reseller panel? Sounds cool :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • LeeLee Veteran

@killer23d said: I still have them until March 2024

Do you though?

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited June 2022

@MikePT said: The good news is that we may even offer cPanel hosting if there is enough demand for it. What's your take there? I've no idea if it's worth offering cPanel hosting tbh.

cPanel is still extremely common and I know many people using non-low-end hosts that stick to cPanel because it's what they're comfortable with.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • emghemgh Member

Not worth the hassle as a provider to operate two seperate infrastructures based soley on panel seperation.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Daniel15 said:

@MikePT said: The good news is that we may even offer cPanel hosting if there is enough demand for it. What's your take there? I've no idea if it's worth offering cPanel hosting tbh.

cPanel is still extremely common and I know many people using non-low-end hosts that stick to cPanel because it's what they're comfortable with.

One thing that really is a bit annoying in DA is the folder structure as opposed to cPanel. Subdomains appear in the main domain root folder. Ofc you can add subdomains as addon domains but that's not a smooth solution (considering SSL issues).

Thanked by 2bikegremlin MikePT
  • emghemgh Member

@Ympker said:

@Daniel15 said:

One thing that really is a bit annoying in DA is the folder structure as opposed to cPanel. Subdomains appear in the main domain root folder. Ofc you can add subdomains as addon domains but that's not a smooth solution (considering SSL issues).

I like adding subdomains as main domains. Doing so for Nextcloud for example. Makes me feel good.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@hostkar said:
    Where are you migrating from hostmantis ?

MyW

<3

MS said:

@MikePT said:

@hostkar said:

MyW of course.

This is your/MyWs moment, Mike. Create some refugee threads (at WHT) with clever marketing, like pay half the invoice amount or get more resources/features at MyW than what you got at HM. Be a saviour there.

I'll see what I can do.

The good news is that we may even offer cPanel hosting if there is enough demand for it. What's your take there? I've no idea if it's worth offering cPanel hosting tbh.

It's up to you if you want to manage two different panels and servers. But I still believe that if you're paying more for offering cPanel, then you should charge more for these plans, just like HostMantis did. Or, keep the prices same for both the plans but offer more resources on DirectAdmin plans, just like what Francisco once proposed for BuyShared after the first cPanel price hike.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • LexLex Member

@cybertech said:
    well their prices had been dynamically increasing so it makes sense

This cracked me up.

They felt more customers were about to jump ship cause they increased the prices yearly from 9$ to ~87$. They amazingly discovered that's not a business practice customers easily swallow. Even had the audacity to blame cPanel. Yeah, cPanel increased their prices, so you want to recover everything FROM A SINGLE CUSTOMER?

They offered a good performance but omg the rest.

Really happy to see MyW around here, that's actually where I migrated my services. That's the best decision I ever made in the hosting industry.

Thanked by 2Ympker Egyarmy
  • ThundasThundas Member
    edited June 2022

Now we know why they did the sudden price increases, they making it look nice for dynamic to buy them at a higher price.

Now the owner of hostmantis probably in Hawaii sipping some cocktail.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    Now we know why they did the sudden price increases, they making it look nice for dynamic to buy them at a higher price.

You're overvauling what customers are worth though.

Every company sale I've been given insight into has been basically $assets plus a few bucks more. You need to have something really special about you that someone can capitalize on to get more out of it (custom development, patents, a very well known brand with excellent revenue).

Mantis didn't own...anything. They rented all their hardware, IP's, networking, etc. Their business model was 'good performance at "below our own cost" prices.

I'd be surprised if he got more than low 6 figures in a sale.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Thundas Egyarmy
  • spunspun Member
    edited June 2022

@killer23d said:
    No idea what's going to happen as I still have them until March 2024

I only have them until early 2023. The uncertainty is a killer though. I've been through a few hosts that have gotten bought out over the years and it was never for the better. I always ended up switching hosts.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • Maybe @speedypage could jump in with some refugee offers for those affected?

• @Francisco said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

You're overvauling what customers are worth though.

Every company sale I've been given insight into has been basically $assets plus a few bucks more. You need to have something really special about you that someone can capitalize on to get more out of it (custom development, patents, a very well known brand with excellent revenue).

Mantis didn't own...anything. They rented all their hardware, IP's, networking, etc. Their business model was 'good performance at "below our own cost" prices.

I'd be surprised if he got more than low 6 figures in a sale.

Francisco

This space is highly commoditized, there's ultimately no difference between BuyVM and Virmach or HostMantis and HostGator.

They just resell server space with no unique selling points.

A unique business model for example is Kinsta -- serves one purpose for a specific audience.

Also, anybody who didn't see this coming is blind, deaf, or Hellen Keller.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Saahib said:

@Lee said:
    I think most of us saw this coming.

What exactly ?

The end is nigh.

• emghemgh Member

@SirFoxy said: there's ultimately no difference between BuyVM and Virmach or HostMantis and HostGator.

Yes there is.

BuyVM is in the VPS business.

HostGator is in the marketing business.

• @emgh said:

@SirFoxy said: there's ultimately no difference between BuyVM and Virmach or HostMantis and HostGator.

Yes there is.

delete this

• emghemgh Member

@SirFoxy said:

@emgh said:

Yes there is.

delete this

It's true. BuyVM can't pay 125 per signup, hostgator can.

Their difference in clientele makes them different business.

Can't even compare.

• @emgh said:

@SirFoxy said:

@emgh said:

Yes there is.

delete this

Can't even compare.

and/or

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2022

@SirFoxy said:

@emgh said:

@SirFoxy said:

@emgh said:

Yes there is.

delete this

Can't even compare.

and/or

HostMantis sells a performant product at a loss (or without decent profit) to attract geeks.

HostGator sells bad performing hosting at a premium because of their marketing.

HostMantis is hosting. Without good hosting, they're nothing.

HostGator is marketing. Without good marketing, they're nothing.

Edit: spellin'

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • @emgh said:

@SirFoxy said:

@emgh said:

@SirFoxy said:

@emgh said:

Yes there is.

delete this

Can't even compare.

and/or

HostMantis sells a performant product at a loss (or without decent profit) to attract geeks.

HostGator sells bad performing hosting at a premium because of their marketing.

HostMantis is hosting. Without good hosting, they're nothing.

HostGator is marketing. Without good marketing, they're nothing.

Edit: spellin'

ok

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Moved to RackNerd a week ago.

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

Sounds like a good time to post some some crazy hosting deals in the offers section :wink:

Thanked by 2Egyarmy Frameworks
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

Heya mate,
    can you point me to where exactly this option is to be found in the reseller panel? Sounds cool :)

Open a ticket :)

@Daniel15 said:

Agreed.

MS said:

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@hostkar said:

MyW

<3

MS said:

@MikePT said:

@hostkar said:

MyW of course.

This is your/MyWs moment, Mike. Create some refugee threads (at WHT) with clever marketing, like pay half the invoice amount or get more resources/features at MyW than what you got at HM. Be a saviour there.

I'll see what I can do.

The good news is that we may even offer cPanel hosting if there is enough demand for it. What's your take there? I've no idea if it's worth offering cPanel hosting tbh.

It's up to you if you want to manage two different panels and servers. But I still believe that if you're paying more for offering cPanel, then you should charge more for these plans, just like HostMantis did. Or, keep the prices same for both the plans but offer more resources on DirectAdmin plans, just like what Francisco once proposed for BuyShared after the first cPanel price hike.

Yeah I think we'll just stick to DA but have a smaller server for cPanel clients... I guess it'd be nice for those that would rather pay more for a cPanel account.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

If you are on HostMantis Shared Hosting and you want to migrate away, get in contact with us at Coast Hosting Australia by PM we will look after you!

Little offer plug here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179939/hm-uk-directadmin-shared-hosting-first-year-1-reseller-hosting-first-month-1 :wink: Was good timing with our planned mid-year DirectAdmin offer :smiley:

We can also do custom discounts on our cPanel hosting, feel free to DM us if anyone needs more information on that :smile:

Thanked by 1hostkar
  • @HostMedia said: Little offer plug here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179939/hm-uk-directadmin-shared-hosting-first-year-1-reseller-hosting-first-month-1 Was good timing with our planned mid-year DirectAdmin offer

We can also do custom discounts on our cPanel hosting, feel free to DM us if anyone needs more information on that

I have already moved one to Hostmedia but need some crazy offer....

@hostkar said:

@HostMedia said: Little offer plug here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179939/hm-uk-directadmin-shared-hosting-first-year-1-reseller-hosting-first-month-1 Was good timing with our planned mid-year DirectAdmin offer

We can also do custom discounts on our cPanel hosting, feel free to DM us if anyone needs more information on that

I have already moved one to Hostmedia but need some crazy offer....

Ping us a DM or open a sales ticket with your requirements and I am sure we can offer something special :smile:

Thanked by 1hostkar
  • WildDaisyWildDaisy Member
    edited June 2022

I also moved some sites to Racknerd. And the Racknerds have been excellent. Very fast pickup on customer support and all very professionally done. Highly recommended...