Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a fee if you advertise a Host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a fee if you advertise a Host?

read the title lol
I would want to advertise a host here, if it needs a fee, i wont. As basic as that.

Comments

• JasonMJasonM Member

$200 for a year if I'm not wrong.

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited June 2022

Yes, you need to pay some money for provider tag.

Edit: If you do not want to pay for advertising your hosting here, send me your discount offer on pm and I will create a topic as I found a great price and this hosting on the internet.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @JasonM said:
    $200 for a year if I'm not wrong.

oof moment

• DazzleDazzle Member

Cloud-V already a patron provider. They can post an offer here.

• VoidVoid Member

@Otus9051 said:
    read the title lol
    I would want to advertise a host here, if it needs a fee, i wont. As basic as that.

Pay the bilohbucks and advertise all you want.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Advertise within your signature if you can't afford $200/Year :)

• brejskibrejski Member
    edited June 2022

What about Host Rep? You won't post a thread, but you can reply with an offer

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@brejski said:
    What about Host Rep? You won't post a thread, but you can reply with an offer

Another nice perk :)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2022

I can understand not being able to post an offer if you are affiliated with the host unless you pay the $200 fee. But if members can't post deals that we find around the web on this site anymore there is a bigger problem with this $200 fee then I thought.

Thanked by 2Mumbly WSWD
  • @Dazzle said:

Not Cloud-V, a Cloud Host of a person I know. Not ready for production yet, systems are good to go but pricing and things.

• @FrankZ said:
    I can understand not being able to post an offer if you are affiliated with the host unless you pay the $200 fee. But if members can't post deals that we find around the web on this site anymore there is a bigger problem with this $200 fee then I thought.

Truth.

• @FrankZ said:
    I can understand not being able to post a offer if you are affiliated with the host unless you pay the fee. But if we can't post deals that we find around the web on this site anymore there is a bigger problem with this $200 fee then I thought.

But you can post an offer as a user who found it on the Internet. Then everything is legal.

Thanked by 2FrankZ yoursunny
  • @Hotmarer said:

@FrankZ said:
    I can understand not being able to post a offer if you are affiliated with the host unless you pay the fee. But if we can't post deals that we find around the web on this site anymore there is a bigger problem with this $200 fee then I thought.

But you can post an offer as a user who found it on the Internet. Then everything is legal.

LET Moderation Moment

• LisoLiso Member

Why do you add lol to every sentence ?

• PilotseyePilotseye Member
    edited June 2022

@Otus9051 said: read the title lol

Read the forum rules, they are answering the question in your title.

• lol

• DazzleDazzle Member

@Otus9051 said:
    Not Cloud-V, a Cloud Host of a person I know. Not ready for production yet, systems are good to go but pricing and things.

Let me guess. It is @TheSleeplessSysAdmin project with free VM he got here?

Seems legit.

• @Liso said:
    Why do you add lol to every sentence ?

lol

• @Dazzle said:

@Otus9051 said:

Let me guess. It is @TheSleeplessSysAdmin project with free VM he got here?

Seems legit.

its not him, its fyra cloud, a whole another host with their own fucking hardware mate.

• ralfralf Member
    edited June 2022

Just want to clarify the facts, so I'm clear...

You say you're 13. You've never paid for a service, but somehow managed to convince someone to give you a VPS for free. And now you want to promote some other startup company that wants to provide VPSes, but they haven't even started selling them yet.

How can you possibly be qualified to judge whether or not their service is good?

• LeviLevi Member

I would suggest these rates for LLC:

• Advertising another host (not your own) - 99.99 dollars;
    • Submitting a good review about host - 25.99 dollars;
    • Submitting bad review - 9.99 dollars;
    • Submitting bad review with proof of sue - 0.00 dollars;
    • Adding link to the signature - 59.99 dollars;

Just think about it. Biloh bucks crypto/NFT is so tomorrow.

Thanked by 3Otus9051 Hotmarer adly
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Otus9051 said:

@Dazzle said:

Frankly, it sounds like it would be premature to "advertise" a host that isn't even in production yet

Once this host is up and running reliably for a while, they can apply for a Host Rep tag and then be able to reply to requests and to participate in megathreads

(In any case, you would want to avoid making the impression that you're shilling or spamming for them)

• @angstrom said:

@Otus9051 said:

@Dazzle said:

Frankly, it sounds like it would be premature to "advertise" a host that isn't even in production yet

Once this host is up and running reliably for a while, they can apply for a Host Rep tag and then be able to reply to requests and to participate in megathreads

(In any case, you would want to avoid making the impression that you're shilling or spamming for them)

I will advertise after they are up and running, not this prematurely...

• Otus9051Otus9051 Member
    edited June 2022

@ralf said:
    Just want to clarify the facts, so I'm clear...

You say you're 13. You've never paid for a service, but somehow managed to convince someone to give you a VPS for free. And now you want to promote some other startup company that wants to provide VPSes, but they haven't even started selling them yet.

How can you possibly be qualified to judge whether or not their service is good?

Let the comparison speak from itself. From my PoV a YABS and the prices along with the support experience is enough for a person to let them decide.

I think I did a grave mistake by asking about the topic in the first place. Now everyone thinks I want to promote a company with nothing.

As I said, they have their systems ready and will launch in 2-4 Weeks, after planning the pricing structure and business model.

And I will only promote them after they are launched and have been running for atleast 2 weeks with no problems.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Otus9051 said: And I will only promote them after they are launched and have been running for atleast 2 weeks with no problems.

Just to clarify, it's okay for an ordinary user to sincerely recommend a provider if it's relevant to do so (in the context of a given thread), but there should be no shilling or spamming involved

As I said above, the provider in question would do best to apply for a Host Rep tag once they've been up and running for a while

Thanked by 3FrankZ adly martheen
  • @angstrom said:

@Otus9051 said: And I will only promote them after they are launched and have been running for atleast 2 weeks with no problems.

Just to clarify, it's okay for an ordinary user to sincerely recommend a provider if it's relevant to do so (in the context of a given thread), but there should be no shilling or spamming involved

As I said above, the provider in question would do best to apply for a Host Rep tag once they've been up and running for a while

I get your point. Thanks for the advice.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Need money to make money :smile:

Thanked by 1Otus9051
  • dosaidosai Member

lmfao

• rofl