Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on

12346»

Comments

• ralfralf Member

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:
    Message me on Discord, TeknoGeek#1234 or you can email me at [email protected].

Sorry, I'm washing my hair that day.

• @Arkas said:
    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin Please be careful about using racist slurs. If you continue you will be dealt with according to the forum rules.
    Thank you.

Oh ok so you’re going to dick ride everyone who responded with something preposterous?

• @angstrom said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: I have a sponsor now.

Okay, so all is good?

Yes brotha.

• I can apply for a debit card using my phone over here, is that not a thing in the US? I had a bank card when I was 11, my pocket money was transferred into it every month and I could spend my money on stupid shit online if I wanted to.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

what is the name of this future paas? Does it end with a “z” to make it plural?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited June 2022

@mwt said:
    I also know several adults who don't have ID. 11% of eligible adults lack a government issued ID in the US.

And when they really want to do something, then get turned away from it because they don't have ID, majority of adults will get off their ass and get one.

11% of eligible, doesn't seem to be that many... A person in prision would be eligible to have ID, but may not have/need one for example.

• mwtmwt Member

@kevinds said:
    11% of eligible, doesn't seem to be that many... A person in prision would be eligible to have ID, but may not have/need one for example.

I didn't say it, but I got this from the statistic that 11% of eligible voters don't have ID (widely reported because of the voter ID controversy). People in prison typically cannot vote (though I think people in jail can).

• sotssots Member
    edited June 2022

@sots said:
    Of course, I can buy you a vps as long as you can convince me that you code is good enough, you have enough users, your github project has enough stars and you can't afford such a server.
    I'm curious why an American teenager can't spend only $10/month on the thing he/she likes. In China $10 (¥70) = 4 meals. I can spend it on anything I really want.

Please post your Github profile link or your website link here.

EDIT: Seems that you've already found a sponsor. I want to know what you can do with the server you get before I pay for it.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @sots said:

@sots said:
    Of course, I can buy you a vps as long as you can convince me that you code is good enough, you have enough users, your github project has enough stars and you can't afford such a server.
    I'm curious why an American teenager can't spend only $10/month on the thing he/she likes. In China $10 (¥70) = 4 meals. I can spend it on anything I really want.

Please post your Github profile link or your website link here.

EDIT: Seems that you've already found a sponsor. I want to know what you can do with the server you get before I pay for it.

We have no GitHub or website at the moment. Working on the site with either React or Next.js later this week.

Our backend is entirely OSS, buildpacks, nixpacks, Docker, K8s, Nomad, etc.

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    what is the name of this future paas? Does it end with a “z” to make it plural?

Future PaaS? We're already developing. Its name is TeknoNet. :smile:

• @bluehairminerboy said:
    I can apply for a debit card using my phone over here, is that not a thing in the US? I had a bank card when I was 11, my pocket money was transferred into it every month and I could spend my money on stupid shit online if I wanted to.

Don't know, assuming I'd need an ID or Social Security card.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Good Luck with your project.
    Mind pm'ing me your discord server(if you have any) or somewhere I could track your progress?(since you have no GitHub/Gitlab)
    Would be interested to get to know the people whom you specify as "we"

Thanked by 1FoxelVox
  • LisoLiso Member

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: For those of you who read this and have Discord feel free to join our Discord guild, https://discord.gg/mxj5JkUw4Z - We intend to launch this summer.

Here it is, on page 1

• @FatGrizzly said:
    Good Luck with your project.
    Mind pm'ing me your discord server(if you have any) or somewhere I could track your progress?(since you have no GitHub/Gitlab)
    Would be interested to get to know the people whom you specify as "we"

Could be the collective (we versus I) but the server is https://discord.gg/mxj5JkUw4Z