Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Hmmm wouldn't you need a whole lot more than just a beefy vps for this? Or maybe this is just purely for dev and testing that makes sense, looking at short term future, either way good luck with your development, definitely more ambitious than me when I was 16.

• @Websec said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

If you don't have an ID or a bank card, that's on YOU. Stop repeating it in every other comment. It's your fault and no one's. I don't see what is stopping you from getting one if you need it.

The specs you are looking for cannot be gotten for free unless you are willing to pay for it or be straight forward that you are looking for a sponsor hence making this post. And what do you offer in return for that?

You are beginning to sound arrogant and rude. Tune it down. No one owes you anything here.

Me not having an ID or a bank card is not on me. Not all of us live perfect lives.

• @doublesquare said:
    How do you live without a debit card? Cache is absolutely inconvenient and how to make any online purchases?

Because at ages before 16 what would I possibly do online with money? Did everything through my LAN before I felt comfortable wanting to provide a public service.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: Me not having an ID or a bank card is not on me. Not all of us live perfect lives.

Then who is it on? If you want them, go get them..

• @kevinds said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: Me not having an ID or a bank card is not on me. Not all of us live perfect lives.

Then who is it on? If you want them, go get them..

I live in the boonies. It’d take me a couple days to walk to the DMV.

• @risharde said:
    Hmmm wouldn't you need a whole lot more than just a beefy vps for this? Or maybe this is just purely for dev and testing that makes sense, looking at short term future, either way good luck with your development, definitely more ambitious than me when I was 16.

Appreciate you. 💪 For now we’ll roll with what we get our hands on, just for closed beta testing & initial public op. Then through donations and upgraded tier purchases we should be able to afford a lot more.

I get my ID tomorrow, was a pain in the ass to get ahold of the Tax Collectors office to do so. Then I can begin filing applications out.

• When I was 16 years old, I would just go buy a Visa gift card from the local grocery store and use that for DO/GCP trials, earning enough money from my whatever project to pay for the next month, instead of asking for free stuff.

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: It’d take me a couple days to walk to the DMV.

Go during lunch break at school.

Ask a friend to give you a ride.

Actually living in the boonies, at 16, driving would almost be mandatory, license or not..

I lived in the boonies growing up, literally 18 miles each way to check the mail.

• @kevinds said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: It’d take me a couple days to walk to the DMV.

Go during lunch break at school.

Ask a friend to give you a ride.

Actually living in the boonies, at 16, driving would almost be mandatory, license or not..

I lived in the boonies growing up, literally 18 miles each way to check the mail.

Never had to go anywhere, only to school. I lived, as per Florida statue, 3+ miles away so I was eligible for bus transportation.

• @BigDongLong said:
    When I was 16 years old, I would just go buy a Visa gift card from the local grocery store and use that for DO/GCP trials, earning enough money from my whatever project to pay for the next month, instead of asking for free stuff.

I worded this entire thing wrong. Because in my mind sponsorship == free. I was willing to workout a mutual agreement with me and another company.

I do apologize. :-)

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: Never had to go anywhere, only to school. I lived, as per Florida statue, 3+ miles away so I was eligible for bus transportation.

But you could have.. You not having ID or a bank account is SOLELY on you. If you want to have them you would find a way.

At a brisk pace, walking should be around 15 minutes per mile.. Bicycle much faster.. Phone a friend, faster yet..

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited June 2022

You don't need an ID to get a server and you can always buy a debit card or ask your parents to sponsor you. To get what you want, it would probably cost at least $5/month and on average around $10-20/mth if you look around LET. Splurge a bit on a big boy provider, and it would cost probably around $40+/mth.

You're in US and $10/mth is nearly nothing to fund a relatively healthy hobby (which can potentially make money). Worst case scenario, you can go flip burgers for a week and you can fund your project for years.

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • edited June 2022

@kevinds said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: Never had to go anywhere, only to school. I lived, as per Florida statue, 3+ miles away so I was eligible for bus transportation.

But you could have.. You not having ID or a bank account is SOLELY on you. If you want to have them you would find a way.

At a brisk pace, walking should be around 15 minutes per mile.. Bicycle much faster.. Phone a friend, faster yet..

Parent wasn’t willing to take me to get a learners permit or ID. Living with my other parent (mom). We go tomorrow.

By the way, I have no friends. Not in a school where legitimately everyone harassed you & fat shames you.

Anywho, will keep y’all up to date on the process.

• @NoComment said:
    You don't need an ID to get a server and you can always buy a debit card or ask your parents to sponsor you. To get what you want, it would probably cost at least $5/month and on average around $10-20/mth if you look around LET. Splurge a bit on a big boy provider, and it would cost probably around $40+/mth.

You're in US and $10/mth is nearly nothing to fund a relatively healthy hobby (which can potentially make money). Worst case scenario, you can go flip burgers for a week and you can fund your project for years.

Need an ID to get a job. :-) Which is the plan, appreciate everyone for the pointers

• I have the impression that the tinyweasel, due to all this stress caused by unfriendly LET predators, traveled back to his childhood... and boom he is harassed and shamed again :D

Thanked by 2bulbasaur Zyra
  • WebsecWebsec Member

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin Me not having an ID or a bank card is not on me. Not all of us live perfect lives.

No, I do not have a perfect life and I don’t know anyone who has. I always put in effort.

Stop making excuses. Talk the talk and walk the walk.
    You are in the US of A.

• @Websec said:
    You are in the US of A.

Darn tootin' brother image

Thanked by 2ralf bulbasaur
  • @Websec said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin Me not having an ID or a bank card is not on me. Not all of us live perfect lives.

No, I do not have a perfect life and I don’t know anyone who has. I always put in effort.

You are in the US of A.

Feel free to read the above replies in this thread. 😁

• @Andrews said:
    I have the impression that the tinyweasel, due to all this stress caused by unfriendly LET predators, traveled back to his childhood... and boom he is harassed and shamed again :D

Oh, irrelevant. 💞💅

• drizbodrizbo Member

Sus Amogus?

• Thank you everyone for the responses. I have explored the options and like I said in the past few replies, I am getting an ID tomorrow.

Will let you all know about the status of TeknoNet in the near future.

Thanks again.

• adlyadly Veteran

Wait, so getting an ID began as an almost insurmountable burden to simply obtaining one tomorrow? 🧐

• @adly said:
    Wait, so getting an ID began as an almost insurmountable burden to simply obtaining one tomorrow? 🧐

🤷‍♀️ Family wouldn’t help me. But I found a way.

• Does your PaaS offer free service?

• @chenxuhua said:
    Does your PaaS offer free service?

We do offer free service, with paid plans in the near future once we exit closed beta. Why? :-)

• @Andrews said:
    I have the impression that the tinyweasel, due to all this stress caused by unfriendly LET predators, traveled back to his childhood... and boom he is harassed and shamed again :D

Exactly my thoughts. I assume folks would have a great time discovering they have been uploading stuff to his honeypot :lol:

• @stevewatson301 said:

@Andrews said:

Exactly my thoughts. I assume folks would have a great time discovering they have been uploading stuff to his honeypot :lol:

Irrelevancy. 💞💅

• You don't even have an id and you were gonna take payments somehow?

• Everyone's gotta be scrappy sometimes to make shit work. Problem is, your "free VPS" request is nuts. It's asking for too much for free realistically.

Look into reducing your request to something a bit more reasonable and maybe "someone" is willing to help out.

Also your profile says you own, operate, or work for a hosting provider. Sounds like you don't. If you want people to take you seriously, I'd recommend you remove that as well.

Thanked by 1maverickp