Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-1 needed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-1 needed

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Neoon

@szymonp said:

@Neoon said:

@Nekki said:

@Neoon said:

Thanks! I'll just placed an order for 5 additional ones.

How many do you have now?

What for? Storage?

Obviously, did you think CPU?

Ha, mugged off.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

That's called hoarding! :smiley:

• ErisaErisa Member

Managing a cluster of KS-1 sounds horrifying. I hope they're doing something cool.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Arkas said:

That's called hoarding! :smiley:

No, normal usage.
    The goal is eventually 20 KS1's.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Buy dozens of KS-1.
    Run CPU Burnin test, 12-threads.
    Watch the wooden datacenter self-ignite.

• @Neoon said:

@Nekki said:

@Neoon said:

@Nekki said:

@Neoon said:

Bitch, you crazy.

I know.

@szymonp said:

@Neoon said:

@Nekki said:

@Neoon said:

What for? Storage?

It could also be a seedbox

edited June 2022

They are idle yes, mostly, they just run one peace of software, which does not use anything as of right now.

I try to do more with them at some point, if https://github.com/chrislusf/seaweedfs gets the stuff fixed I reported, I will deploy a seaweedFS cluster on them over 12 nodes, 24TB raw.

I think I even need 13, to have an odd number, to make seaweedFS work.

Thanked by 2plumberg ariq01
  • VoidVoid Member

@itsnotv said:
    Oneprovider has a similar spec server but with gigabit for cheaper.

Do they allow torrenting though?

• @jmaxwell said:

@itsnotv said:

Do they allow torrenting though?

Yes, DMCA is not an European law.

• @itsnotv said:

Fuck the setup fee

• VoidVoid Member

@FrankRuan said:

@itsnotv said:

Fuck the setup fee

1TB HDD is sold out anyway

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@FrankRuan said:
    Yes, DMCA is not an European law.

DMCA is not the only law forbidding piracy, y'know.

• _cece_cece Member

compared the atom c2350 and the KS-1 the offer from online seems at first better. when you run some cpu intensive stuff on the oneprovider server, they will die. I was running 3 of them for boinc WCG and all died (not the harddisk, but the cpu). They will replace it, but you will never know what happens to the disk...

edited June 2022

I logged in, I saw a email notification, that someone paid one of my KS1.
    Apparently he thought he can still reactivate it despite its not longer in his account.

If the person can proof he paid "ns328xxx.ip-37-187-114.eu" I am happy to refund you your 5.99$ USD.

Thanked by 3ralf szymonp chedenaz
  • dosaidosai Member

@Neoon said:
    Apparently he thought he can still reactivate it despite its not longer in his account.

If the person can proof he paid "ns328xxx.ip-37-187-114.eu" I am happy to refund you your 5.99$ USD.

Bless you neoon.

• _cece_cece Member

@Neoon said:

😆
    Is the checksum of the last 3 digest in ns328xxx 12?

• Also can someone say why it says that ks-1 is in stock on kimsufi's site, but when I press buy it says "Sorry, the selected server or configuration is no longer available"

• ralfralf Member

.> @szymonp said:

Also can someone say why it says that ks-1 is in stock on kimsufi's site, but when I press buy it says "Sorry, the selected server or configuration is no longer available"

Think yourself lucky. :(

• @ralf said:
    .> @szymonp said:

Also can someone say why it says that ks-1 is in stock on kimsufi's site, but when I press buy it says "Sorry, the selected server or configuration is no longer available"

Why?

• ralfralf Member

@szymonp said:

@ralf said:
    .> @szymonp said:

Why?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179761/cannot-get-ovh-to-respond-to-terrible-network-throughput

• @ralf said:

@szymonp said:

@ralf said:
    .> @szymonp said:

Why?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179761/cannot-get-ovh-to-respond-to-terrible-network-throughput

I don't care about US connectivity, I am in EU

• @szymonp said:

It's not really in stock, Kimsufi is just slow to update.

I ordered a second one on Monday, but I've yet to receive it. The first one came in 15 minutes after ordering.

• @datanomi said:

@szymonp said:

It's not really in stock, Kimsufi is just slow to update.

I ordered a second one on Monday, but I've yet to receive it. The first one came in 15 minutes after ordering.

Hope I get one soon then

• ralfralf Member

If you don't care about outside EU connectivity and they don't resolve my issue, then I would consider transferring mine instead of cancelling it...

But honestly you might be better just waiting until they have more in stock again.

edited June 2022

Seems like the API's are reporting stock different again, its worth checking all endpoints.
    Especially the new ones.

Even checkservers.ovh did not pick up the stock.

• @Neoon said:
    Seems like the API's are reporting stock different again, its worth checking all endpoints.
    Especially the new ones.

I wouldn't recommend checkservers.ovh anymore; OVH have disabled the SYS/KS order systems (the order forms now redirect to Eco) and the ordering API that handled SYS/KS have also been disabled.

It won't be long before the APIs get disabled as well (I don't think they update any more to be honest). I've built an alternative (serverstock.ovh) that runs on the Eco APIs instead of the existing SYS/KS APIs if you need an alternative. (I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, it's just that OVH disabled all the old systems today, so).

@TomasSystems said:

@Neoon said:
    Especially the new ones.

I wouldn't recommend checkservers.ovh anymore; OVH have disabled the SYS/KS order systems (the order forms now redirect to Eco) and the ordering API that handled SYS/KS have also been disabled.

It won't be long before the APIs get disabled as well (I don't think they update any more to be honest). I've built an alternative (serverstock.ovh) that runs on the Eco APIs instead of the existing SYS/KS APIs if you need an alternative. (I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, it's just that OVH disabled all the old systems today, so).

They switched it last week already.
    Besides, if you want to be the first, setup your own script, always.

• @Neoon said:

@TomasSystems said:

@Neoon said:
    Especially the new ones.

They switched it last week already.
    Besides, if you want to be the first, setup your own script, always.

Yeah, they switched SYS, but all the backend systems were disabled today.

The good thing about Eco is that sniping scripts are stupidly easy to create as it is all based around a simple API instead of an overcomplicated one. 😂

Plus its a desync, the old API reports RBX stock, the new one does not.
    Premium OVH.

• KS-1 available right now.