Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help~After I migrated the vps to ryzen, the installation system can no longer start - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help~After I migrated the vps to ryzen, the installation system can no longer start

2»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@lipeng0820 said:
    Oh no, none of the system mirrors are available here, except for AlmaLinux, I won't be able to upgrade the system after installing Debian 11, and I won't be able to start the VPS after installing the rest of the system, telling me it can't find the hard drive.

Have you tried the rescue system? If it works you should be able to see which devices are present and modify fstab so that any incorrect entries are removed. After that, a reboot should be all you need to recover the server.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2022

Kudos @brueggus you are the king of LowEndSupport
    You do such a fantastic job someone should hire you.

EDIT: Also assume that you will be hitting me up for copyright infringement, as I am going to copy & paste everything you said in the future.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2022

Someone needs to stick to shared hosting and HLoc forum. :/

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited June 2022

@lipeng0820 You need to reinstall from the client portal (WHMCS) until you find a working image, after which reinstalls from the panel (solusvm) will work. Or at least that was the case for me.

Another option could be to try to install os with netboot using ipxe. I really don't see why you made a new thread for this instead of posting on hostloc, the mjjs there should know better and LET is full of noobs, in the future I recommend you seek tech help from hostloc instead.

(Oh, maybe a dd script would work too?)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@NoComment said:
    (Oh, maybe a dd script would work too?)

I use this dd script to fix all VPS problems:

sudo dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/?da bs=512 count=16

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • bdlbdl Member

The muppet has been doubled.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @Nekki said:

@lipeng0820 said:

@Nekki said:

@lipeng0820 said:

@Nekki said:

@lipeng0820 said:
    Speaking of a tragedy: Virmach doesn't support custom iso...I was pushed to the brink...

They must have something you can use, even if it's really old Debian.

I sent a ticket and 3 days have passed without any news. I think they're on vacation, I'll wait. But I saw other people asking for help in the forum. It's been half a month, and virmach seems to be on vacation... Are they focusing on other things...

You aren't likely to get any help. Fix the problem yourself or choose another provider.

Is the "migrate" button pressed by a hand? I should slap a brick on this hand now!😭

Violence is never the answer.

Maybe he's Columbian and normal to trade a brick of coke for Ryzen VPS.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2022

@FrankZ said:
    Kudos @brueggus you are the king of LowEndSupport
    You do such a fantastic job someone should hire you.

EDIT: Also assume that you will be hitting me up for copyright infringement, as I am going to copy & paste everything you said in the future.

Not if you paste everything including his name at the end. Then you're just informing people of the available LET support available like a good community member.

(For fun, change the support name to random user)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Hello @lipeng0820,
    this is a notification to let you know that we are changing the status of your work order to Closed as we have not received a response from you in over 200 hours.

We would really appreciate it if you would just take a moment to let us know about the quality of your experience.

Your feedback is very important to us.

Thank you for your business.

Kind regards,
    brueggus
    Sherlock of Support 🔍

Thanked by 1yoursunny