Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DEDICATED SERVERS STARTING AT $27.97/MONTH ★ FIRST 10 BUYERS ONLY ★ IPMI ★ DOUBLE RAM ★ DOUBLE BW ★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DEDICATED SERVERS STARTING AT $27.97/MONTH ★ FIRST 10 BUYERS ONLY ★ IPMI ★ DOUBLE RAM ★ DOUBLE BW ★

BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Reprise Hosting (AS62838) is a provider of best value hosting services. We provide straightforward honest service: robust hardware, a strong network and proven uptime/reliability. In our nearly 10 years of business, we have never increased the rates that our customers pay.

Today we are pleased to announce a new round of deeply discounted dedicated servers for LowEndTalk users! These prices are lower than we've ever gone before on quality dual CPU rigs with high thread counts.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Tests, Performance, Reviews

Our BGP mix of NTT, Zayo, Telia, Hurricane Electric and direct peering over the Seattle Internet Exchange with Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM Cloud, Netflix, Akamai, Charter, T-Mobile, Telus, OVH, CloudFlare, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Internap, Valve, Twitch, SK Broadband, SpaceX Starlink, Telekom Indonesia and many others enables us to offer dedicated servers with low ping times across the Pacific and the Atlantic:

Global ping test results provided by NTT and HE looking glass servers. These are optimal ping times. The routing and peering of your local ISP will determine your latency.

» Test IP for Ping / Traceroute:

» Speed Test:
http://test.reprisehosting.com/1000MB.test

[root@reprise ~]# speedtest -s 14232

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Ziply Fiber - Seattle, WA (id = 14232)
        ISP: Reprise Hosting
    Latency:     4.47 ms   (0.13 ms jitter)
   Download:   934.99 Mbps (data used: 803.6 MB)
     Upload:   941.15 Mbps (data used: 751.4 MB)
Packet Loss:     0.0%
 Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/90960d6f-7b32-4f7a-848b-6b28b6c0197a
[root@reprise ~]#

» Historical Uptime Stats (2013 to present):
https://siteuptime.com/prem_statistics.php?Id=8419&&UserId=999b921bf9047ad5e4cb319638b9179c&typemonitor=standart

» Public Reviews:
- HostSearch Reviews
- WHTop Reviews
- WHT Review #1
- WHT Review #2
- WHT Review #3
- WHT Review #4
- WHT Review #5
- WHT Review #6
- WHT Review #7
- WHT Review #8
- VPSBoard Recommendation
- LowEndTalk Review
- LowEndTalk Positive Feedback #1
- LowEndTalk Positive Feedback #2
- LowEndTalk Positive Feedback #3
- LowEndTalk Positive Feedback #4
- LowEndTalk Positive Feedback #5
- LowEndTalk Positive Feedback #6
- LowEndTalk Recommendation
- LowEndTalk Recommendations

Active Promotions
» Three different server-specific promo codes for recurring discounts of 30-35% (see below).

» Become a Reprise Reseller. Maintain three or more active dedicated servers on your account and receive a unique promo code to receive a 20% recurring discount on all future orders. Receive a 25% discount for 10 or more active dedicated servers.

» Know someone interested in our servers? Sign up as a Reprise Hosting affiliate and earn a **10% recurring commission for as long as your referrals remain a customer!**

RepriseZDED Special
» Intel Xeon L5640 Six Core CPU with hyperthreading (12 threads)
» 8GB Free upgrade to 16GB DDR3 RAM with LETFOREVER30 promo code.
» 1TB HDD. Free swap to 120GB SSD upon request.
» IPMI included free of charge (remote reboot, console, OS reloads, etc).
» 10TB bandwidth Free upgrade to 20TB premium bandwidth with LETFOREVER30 promo code.
» 150Mbps rate limit on a 1Gbps port. Free upgrade to 1Gbps port with LETFOREVER30 promo code.
» 2 usable IPs (additional IPs available).

Only $39.95 $27.97 per month with LETFOREVER30 code.
>> FREE Setup, Order Now<<

RepriseZZDED Special
» 2x Intel Xeon L5640 Six Core CPU with hyperthreading (12 cores, 24 threads)
» 16GB Free upgrade to 32GB DDR3 RAM with LETFOREVER33 promo code.
» 1TB HDD. Free swap to 240GB SSD upon request.
» 10TB bandwidth Free upgrade to 20TB premium bandwidth with LETFOREVER33 promo code.
» 150Mbps rate limit on a 1Gbps port. Free upgrade to 1Gbps port with LETFOREVER33 promo code.
» 4 usable IPs (additional IPs available).

Only $49.95 $32.97 per month with LETFOREVER33 code.
>> FREE Setup, Order Now <<

RepriseEEDED Special
» 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650L Eight Core CPU with hyperthreading (16 cores, 32 threads)
» 16GB Free upgrade to 32GB DDR3 RAM with LETFOREVER35 promo code.
» 1TB HDD. Free swap to 240GB SSD upon request.
» 10TB bandwidth Free upgrade to 20TB premium bandwidth with LETFOREVER35 promo code.
» 150Mbps rate limit on a 1Gbps port. Free upgrade to 1Gbps port with LETFOREVER35 promo code.
» 4 usable IPs (additional IPs available).

Only $54.95 $35.72 per month with LETFOREVER35 code.
>> FREE Setup, Order Now <<

Thanked by 1let_rocks

Comments

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2022

@LiliLabs Here's a special on the RepriseZDED that you were asking about in our prior offer thread. It's a less powerful server, but it's well under the $30 mark. Please let me know if I may answer any questions!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • It doesn't seem to be any different from the previous promotion.

@fensuiji said:
    It doesn't seem to be any different from the previous promotion.

It's not dramatically different, but there are small differences. Our last special was solely for the RepriseGGDED and RepriseEEDED. This special is for the EEDED, ZZDED and ZDED. This special also introduces the LETFOREVER33 code which discounts our ZZDED more than we've ever discounted it before (down to $32.97 per month).

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • RepriseZZDED Special

We got 4 or 2 ips? thanks

• iNanjaiNanja Member

I want to order, but the operating system AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux is what I need to use and they are not listed as available.

I see that you have CentOS 8 listed. I enjoy CentOS 8, but I read it is no longer supported.

I read that I can just give you a link to AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux ISO and you install it, but what if I mess up and need to reinstall, will the file already be there in IPMI? Also, in IPMI If the file is not there do I need to upload the ISO? My upload will take a few days for a file that big.

Do you charge me for every reinstall if I can't do it myself?

I don't want to be the person to install AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux through IPMI. I mess up the network part whenever I try to do it myself on dedicated servers.

@iNanja said:
    I want to order, but the operating system AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux is what I need to use and they are not listed as available.

@iNanja That's no problem at all. Take a look at the bottom option on the operating system drop-down, you'll find "Other (client must provide ISO)".

We are more than happy to install whatever you like. We install operating systems not included on that list all the time. If it's some obscure OS that we have no experience with, then you may have to install it yourself via IPMI, but that very rarely happens.

I see that you have CentOS 8 listed. I enjoy CentOS 8, but I read it is no longer supported.

We also have CentOS 5 and 6 listed which are also no longer supported/maintained. If someone requests an old operating system, we're not going to say no. Now, if the client doesn't know how to secure their server properly and the old OS leads it to become hacked, then the server would likely be pulled offline to prevent abuse from spiraling out of control. But again, that rarely happens.

I read that I can just give you a link to AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux ISO and you install it, but what if I mess up and need to reinstall, will the file already be there in IPMI? Also, in IPMI If the file is not there do I need to upload the ISO? My upload will take a few days for a file that big.

We do perform OS re-installs free of charge, but if you request multiple OS re-installs in a short period of time, then we may warn you that any further OS re-installs will be charged $5-$10 until your service period renews (at which point we'll do a free re-install again). The problem we sometimes have is customers not really respecting how much time it takes to custom install an operating system from an ISO. Someone ordering a $27 per month server who then requests 4 OS re-installs every month -- it's impossible to do that profitably.

If you'd like to perform the OS re-install yourself, then what we often do is mount the ISO to your IPMI from our local network file-share. The ISO load time performance will be much much better/faster if we mount the ISO on your behalf. Then you can hop on the IPMI and proceed through the install with control of the keyboard, mouse and screen display.

Just a forewarning though, IPMI takes some patience and practice to get it working well for you. The firmware and web GUIs provided by the big server manufacturers (like Dell, HP, Supermicro) often runs old Java applets that don't get updated. So, for example, you might have to run an older version of Java on the computer you use to access IPMI. Or you might need to use a web browser like Palemoon (i.e., old Firefox) in order to get the web interface to load properly. It's not going to be a perfectly built control panel like cPanel. It does the job great, but requires some patience to get setup and accustomed with it.

I hope that answers all of your questions, please let me know if you have any others!

Thanked by 2Not_Oles plumberg

@satsuke said:
    RepriseZZDED Special

We got 4 or 2 ips? thanks

My apologies -- I missed your question earlier. With the promo code listed above you will receive 4 IP addresses.

Please let me know if I may answer any other questions, thanks!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles