Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any provider for a dedi with a 16tb+ storage for $25 or less per month? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any provider for a dedi with a 16tb+ storage for $25 or less per month?

Comments

• @Otus9051 said:

@sots said: Cloudflare Zero Trust

oh yeah that requires a CC and I dont have a CC or even willing to use it because dad will proceed to kill me.

Pussy

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @yongsiklee said:

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said:
    Hosthatch storage VPS 10TB for $10/m is probably the closest you'll find, but I doubt they'll offer it at that price again.

I think they said they didn't want to do any more promo stuff, the epyc promo was their final one or something along those lines.

When all the non-renewals happen later this year (making lots of capacity suddenly available), I'm sure they'll put on promos for Boxing day, but not likely for Black Friday.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

@kennsann said:
    $25 for 16TB storage? And its a Dedi? Try x5 your budget.

yeah, why not 50Tb? :D

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:

@yongsiklee said:

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said:
    Hosthatch storage VPS 10TB for $10/m is probably the closest you'll find, but I doubt they'll offer it at that price again.

I think they said they didn't want to do any more promo stuff, the epyc promo was their final one or something along those lines.

When all the non-renewals happen later this year (making lots of capacity suddenly available), I'm sure they'll put on promos for Boxing day, but not likely for Black Friday.

I will wait for a Boxing day for that :-) or buy a 16 tb enterprise class drive and connect it to my 2nd home desktop which has 1 gig internet connection.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2022

@yongsiklee said:

@TimboJones said:

@yongsiklee said:

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said:

I will wait for a Boxing day for that :-) or buy a 16 tb enterprise class drive and connect it to my 2nd home desktop which has 1 gig internet connection.

The problem with hosting at home is that a lot of residential internet connections have far more contention and are generally not as good as business-grade or datacenter-grade connections. Ideally you'd want at least a business internet plan when hosting from home, but those don't come cheap. Regular residential internet might be OK for some use cases though, if they're not too critical and speed isn't that important.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee

@Daniel15 said:

@yongsiklee said:

@TimboJones said:

@yongsiklee said:

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said:

The problem with hosting at home is that a lot of residential internet connections have far more contention and are generally not as good as business-grade or datacenter-grade connections. Ideally you'd want at least a business internet plan when hosting from home, but those don't come cheap. Regular residential internet might be OK for some use cases though, if they're not too critical and speed isn't that important.

I am not hosting at home nor will I.

I am just speculating to use a home disk as a pure storage back-up use. But I will probably not going to go that route.

• @yongsiklee said:

@Daniel15 said:

@yongsiklee said:

@TimboJones said:

@yongsiklee said:

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said:

I am just speculating to use a home disk as a pure storage back-up use. But I will probably not going to go that route.

Depends what you can get a 16TB drive for in your area. It's about $400 CAD on sale in my area and so a wicked deal to host that ain't a bad choice, if it has RAID. Doing RAID at home will double costs. The hetzner deal sounds like a money saver until prices go up from electricity costs.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee

@TimboJones said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Daniel15 said:

@yongsiklee said:

@TimboJones said:

@yongsiklee said:

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said:

Depends what you can get a 16TB drive for in your area. It's about $400 CAD on sale in my area and so a wicked deal to host that ain't a bad choice, if it has RAID. Doing RAID at home will double costs. The hetzner deal sounds like a money saver until prices go up from electricity costs.

I agree. I am frankly much hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars for a disk that could fail and that's on an unreliable internet connection. It was just a thought.

I might have to go with the 10 tb Hetzner storage box...if no alternative here.

edited May 2022

@TimboJones said: Doing RAID at home will double costs.

More than double if you want to guarantee that you can recover if two disks fail at the same time. Ideally you'd ensure your disks are each from separate batches to try and avoid that happening.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited May 2022

You can get 9TB dedi for 45 or so with Dacentec. That's about the closest I can think of. Haven't seen a dedi with 16TB for 25.

For 8 TB, $26.99 from OVH.> @KermEd said:

You can get 9TB dedi for 45 or so with Dacentec. That's about the closest I can think of. Haven't seen a dedi with 16TB for 25.

For 8 TB, $26.99 from OVH.

• @KermEd said:

Can get the 4x10TB Hetzner auctions for around $40-45/month, making them probably the best deal you can get. Technically that means if they're willing to double their budget, they can get $1/tb.

Thanked by 2yongsiklee miu

@LiliLabs said:

@KermEd said:

Can get the 4x10TB Hetzner auctions for around $40-45/month, making them probably the best deal you can get. Technically that means if they're willing to double their budget, they can get $1/tb.

Link?

• @dahartigan said:

@sots said:
    No dedi, but you can just try Micro$oft Office E5 developer subscription and get 5T * 25 users OneDrive for Business for free if you just want to storage items and download them on demand.

Will that work with rclone or any other API based tool? I remember there was a type of account that had that disabled..

I believe it works with RaiDrive

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

If you don't need it to be a VPS / Dedi, and a shared with shell access would do you should peruse our seedboxes.

rclone, sftp, fuse etc. is there, and with shell access you can setup small other stuff too

Thanked by 1yongsiklee

@LiliLabs said: Can get the 4x10TB Hetzner auctions for around $40-45/month

Just keep in mind that the price may go up if electricity prices keep going up.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee

@Daniel15 said:

@LiliLabs said: Can get the 4x10TB Hetzner auctions for around $40-45/month

Just keep in mind that the price may go up if electricity prices keep going up.

Just keep in mind that the price may go down if electricity prices falls.

@PulsedMedia said:
    If you don't need it to be a VPS / Dedi, and a shared with shell access would do you should peruse our seedboxes.

rclone, sftp, fuse etc. is there, and with shell access you can setup small other stuff too

I am kind of looking for a storage 1tb per $1.00 /dedi/vps/seedbox..doesn't matter.

I found a dedi in Hetzner with 40TB for about $50-$55. But I do not need 40 TB....

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sir, if you find said deal, please, do let me know. I have been seeking such a server for many a year.

@Nekki said:
    Sir, if you find said deal, please, do let me know. I have been seeking such a server for many a year.

LOL! Will do.

@yongsiklee said: I found a dedi in Hetzner with 40TB for about $50-$55. But I do not need 40 TB....

40TB raw or 40TB after RAID?

@Daniel15 said:

@yongsiklee said: I found a dedi in Hetzner with 40TB for about $50-$55. But I do not need 40 TB....

40TB raw or 40TB after RAID?

After RAID -> 4X10TB. Enterprise HDD.

edited May 2022

Sigh... I just bought 64TB for $65/m.---I thought my budget was $25:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6
      • 4x HDD SATA 16,0 TB Enterprise
      • 4x RAM 16384 MB DDR4 ECC

What am I gonna do with this...Siberia?

• @yongsiklee said:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6

Four memberships to the 16TB club?

• tmepytmepy Member

@Otus9051 said:

@sots said:

@tmepy said:

@sots said:
    No dedi, but you can just try Micro$oft Office E5 developer subscription and get 5T * 25 users OneDrive for Business for free if you just want to storage items and download them on demand.

Can you renew it for free?

It's simple to renew the subscription. Just setup OneIndex(available on github) and use it regularly.
    EDIT: I'm not sure that it will 100% works.

I use it. Just create random users and delete some and have teams installed and open it 1 day a week and send some dummy person wfhowehioweiohfhiweofhoeiw and close it.

Hey, can u tell me how to use oneindex? Thanks. I couldn't find it online and the only thing I found was in some chinese or soemthing

• @tmepy said:

@Otus9051 said:

@sots said:

@tmepy said:

@sots said:

Can you renew it for free?

It's simple to renew the subscription. Just setup OneIndex(available on github) and use it regularly.
    EDIT: I'm not sure that it will 100% works.

I use it. Just create random users and delete some and have teams installed and open it 1 day a week and send some dummy person wfhowehioweiohfhiweofhoeiw and close it.

Hey, can u tell me how to use oneindex? Thanks. I couldn't find it online and the only thing I found was in some chinese or soemthing

Try this https://github.com/spencerwooo/onedrive-vercel-index

• paijrutpaijrut Member

@yongsiklee said:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6

Where did you get this?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@paijrut said:

@yongsiklee said:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6

Where did you get this?

It's the SX63 from Hetzner, currently available in auction:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/#sort=price_per_hdd_capacity&sort_dir=asc
    https://www.hetzner.com/sb?country=ot&search=1757518

Thanked by 3AXYZE paijrut chedenaz
  • sotssots Member

@yongsiklee said:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6

So you won't use up E3 1275 v6 CPU and 64G RAM.
    Maybe you should use the cheapest CPU (maybe i7 2600) and minimal RAM (16GB, I think) and order external HDD for it.

• sotssots Member

@yongsiklee said:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6

Or, you can look for someone that need compute power instead of storage & bandwidth and share cost with him.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee