Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any provider for a dedi with a 16tb+ storage for $25 or less per month? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any provider for a dedi with a 16tb+ storage for $25 or less per month?

13»

Comments

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@sots said:

@yongsiklee said:
    Sigh... I just bought 64TB for $65/m.---I thought my budget was $25:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6
      • 4x HDD SATA 16,0 TB Enterprise
      • 4x RAM 16384 MB DDR4 ECC

What am I gonna do with this...Siberia?

So you won't use up E3 1275 v6 CPU and 64G RAM.
    Maybe you should use the cheapest CPU (maybe i7 2600) and minimal RAM (16GB, I think) and order external HDD for it.

Hertzner's minimum price for a server is around $30/mo, then the 16TB HDD is $22/mo extra. It wouldn't work for Hetzner but it might at other providers :)

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2022

@yongsiklee said:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6

Find a few friends that could use it and split the cost. I did this back in university with four friends, but back then what you could get for $65/m was nowhere near as good as it is today - We had a Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 160GB HDD (just one HDD, no RAID), and a free upgrade from 10Mbps to 100Mbps, for $73/m

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@Daniel15 said:

@yongsiklee said:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6

Find a few friends that could use it and split the cost. I did this back in university with four friends, but back then what you could get for $65/m was nowhere near as good as it is today - We had a Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 160GB HDD (just one HDD, no RAID), and a free upgrade from 10Mbps to 100Mbps, for $73/m

I canceled it. Too much $$$ for my needs.

• miumiu Member

@yongsiklee said:
    Dedicated with a 16tb+ storage for $25 or less

Hmm you are very but veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery cheap! Absolutely unreal

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2022

@yongsiklee said:
    @Daniel15 said:
    @yongsiklee said: I found a dedi in Hetzner with 40TB for about $50-$55. But I do not need 40 TB....

40TB raw or 40TB after RAID?

After RAID -> 4X10TB. Enterprise HDD.

and maybe u forgot mention + HW RAID controller and 10Gbit unmetered.. And all should be for $25/m or less..
    So good luck at your utopias, happy dreaming!

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • miumiu Member

U should look for storage VPS instead dedicated if u want it cheapest large space
    Only where u have some change get 16TB of storage VPS for say ~30-35$ is BF madness
    (i have HH with 12TB for 29$/m from BF..)
    But this was pre-covid pre-plandemic/pre-crisis catches and cheap prices.. Now i am not sure that ever we will see again such offer bcs all still is more expnesive and more

• xx00xxxx00xx Member

look at https://www.seedhost.eu/dedicated-servers.php and https://clients.walkerservers.com/index.php?rp=/store/leaseweb-nl

both are the biggest and cheapest leaseweb resellers. prices are even cheaper as to buy from leaseweb directly

Thanked by 2miu yongsiklee
  • @Daniel15 said:

@yongsiklee said:

• Intel Xeon E3-1275V6

Lucky you! :)
    My first dedicated server was with a company called EV1. Cost $99/m and it was an Intel Celeron 1.3 GHz. Had 512 MB ram and 600 or 800GB of traffic per month.

edited May 2022

@xx00xx said:
    look at https://www.seedhost.eu/dedicated-servers.php and https://clients.walkerservers.com/index.php?rp=/store/leaseweb-nl

both are the biggest and cheapest leaseweb resellers. prices are even cheaper as to buy from leaseweb directly

It looks like Hetzner is much cheaper. Hetzner is on par with my needs (1 TB per $1.00 - I do not care about RAID. I want native volume) "only if" volume goes over 60TB), as their 4X16TB (64TB) costs $65/m.

• Hi,
    with a 5 years pre-payment we can do this deal.

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

I can pay you $200 upfront if I can get a 20 TB storage for 2 years with just 2TB traffic max/week.

• @yongsiklee said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

I can pay you $200 upfront if I can get a 20 TB storage for 2 years with just 2TB traffic max/week.

Hi,
    Unfortunately I can't follow your proposal.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@c1vhosting said:

@yongsiklee said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Unfortunately I can't follow your proposal.

You're not supposed to, at least not here, until you get either a Host Rep or a Provider tag :smiley: ✌️

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@miu said:

@yongsiklee said:
    @Daniel15 said:
    @yongsiklee said: I found a dedi in Hetzner with 40TB for about $50-$55. But I do not need 40 TB....

and maybe u forgot mention + HW RAID controller and 10Gbit unmetered.. And all should be for $25/m or less..

If someone can offer such great server deal with unmetered 10Gbit or 100Gbit or 1Tbit with HW RAID + the latest processor (min: 16 cores / 48 threads) for under $30 we take at least 10 servers.

@WebProject said:

@miu said:

@yongsiklee said:
    @Daniel15 said:

If someone can offer such great server deal with unmetered 10Gbit or 100Gbit or 1Tbit with HW RAID + the latest processor (min: 16 cores / 48 threads) for under $30 we take at least 10 servers.

You will be the very first one to know.

Thanked by 1WebProject