Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any provider for a dedi with a 16tb+ storage for $25 or less per month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any provider for a dedi with a 16tb+ storage for $25 or less per month?

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

I do not expect to have any powerful CPU and/or ram for the dedi.

But the network should be at the minimum 250Mb or faster with 10 TB+ transfer per month.

Location can be either North America or Europe.

Comments

• jahrincjahrinc Member

Not possible with that budget

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited May 2022

$25 for 16TB storage? And its a Dedi? Try x5 your budget.

Edit: probably dm @cociu . Pretty sure he can accommodate you if you pay 10 years in advance.

Thanked by 3Alireza WSWD miu
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner 10 TB for € 18.90 is a bit small for my needs. Actually I do not need a dedi if I can get a reliable network drive like Hetzner's.

• sotssots Member

No dedi, but you can just try Micro$oft Office E5 developer subscription and get 5T * 25 users OneDrive for Business for free if you just want to storage items and download them on demand.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • @sots said:
    No dedi, but you can just try Micro$oft Office E5 developer subscription and get 5T * 25 users OneDrive for Business for free if you just want to storage items and download them on demand.

Will that work with rclone or any other API based tool? I remember there was a type of account that had that disabled..

• tmepytmepy Member

@sots said:

Can you renew it for free?

• @tmepy said:

@sots said:

Yes

• sotssots Member

@dahartigan said:

@sots said:

Will that work with rclone or any other API based tool? I remember there was a type of account that had that disabled..

Of course yes. RClone supports OneDrive for Business. I've tested with my account :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • sotssots Member
    edited May 2022

@tmepy said:

@sots said:

It's simple to renew the subscription. Just setup OneIndex(available on github) and use it regularly.
    EDIT: I'm not sure that it will 100% works.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2022

Hi,
    We can provide 15TB SFTP (ssh, rsync) storage with unmetered transfer for $35/mo.

• How much is the electricity bill for 16tb per month? Is $25 enough?

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@jingfanqin said:
    How much is the electricity bill for 16tb per month? Is $25 enough?

Depends on many other factors such as CPU, RAM also

There won't be much left of that 25USD anyway for running costs of the dedi. at least in EU countries. And the Power price increases are just coming here. Wait until Q4/22 or New year

Spoke to alot of datacenter operators lately as our price we Pay also went from 0,19/kwh to 0,29€/kwh already due to current Situation. Most others in NL are at 0,17 - 0,20€/kwh and told me they as well expect 0,27 - 0,35€/kwh soon after contracts expire..
    And that's just NL. There are also more expensive countries like germany.

Even you find a Dedi at this budget, you should expect a price increase beginning 2023. :wink:

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

If you can raise your budget to $39 USD, there are several options available:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=storage_capacity:>16000 :)

Thanked by 2mrTom alilet
  • @sots said:

@tmepy said:

@sots said:

It's simple to renew the subscription. Just setup OneIndex(available on github) and use it regularly.

I use it. Just create random users and delete some and have teams installed and open it 1 day a week and send some dummy person wfhowehioweiohfhiweofhoeiw and close it.

• sotssots Member

@Otus9051 said:

@sots said:

@tmepy said:

@sots said:

I use it. Just create random users and delete some and have teams installed and open it 1 day a week and send some dummy person wfhowehioweiohfhiweofhoeiw and close it.

I use sharepoint & office web on my computer and office 365 to host my domain email. Now it looks good.
    Also, I use Azure AD to authorize some applications such as Cloudflare Zero Trust(it's free, too).

• @sots said: Cloudflare Zero Trust

oh yeah that requires a CC and I dont have a CC or even willing to use it because dad will proceed to kill me.

• szymonpszymonp Member

@sots said:

You will be banned

• @szymonp said:

@sots said:

You will be banned

Didn't.

• sotssots Member

@Otus9051 said:

@sots said: Cloudflare Zero Trust

oh yeah that requires a CC and I dont have a CC or even willing to use it because dad will proceed to kill me.

I have paypal, but it seems that cloudflare cannot get money from it because I failed to transfer domain to cloudfalre.

• @sots said:

@Otus9051 said:

I have paypal, but it seems that cloudflare cannot get money from it because I failed to transfer domain to cloudfalre.

i do have a paypal but i dont have anything linked to it, would that work?

• sotssots Member

@szymonp said:

@sots said:

You will be banned

It's a free developer subscription to be renewed every 3 month. No payment method required. If you're afraid that your account may be banned, just create as many M$ account as you want lol.

• szymonpszymonp Member

@Otus9051 said:

@sots said:

@tmepy said:

@sots said:

I just linked my github and it renews even if I don't use it

• sotssots Member

@Otus9051 said:

@sots said:

@Otus9051 said:

i do have a paypal but i dont have anything linked to it, would that work?

Maybe. cloudflare does not verify whether your paypal account has sufficient money.

• sotssots Member

@szymonp said:

@Otus9051 said:

@sots said:

@tmepy said:

@sots said:

github action is powerful :smiley:

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2022

Hosthatch storage VPS 10TB for $10/m is probably the closest you'll find, but I doubt they'll offer it at that price again.

• szymonpszymonp Member

@sots said:

@szymonp said:

@Otus9051 said:

@sots said:

@tmepy said:

@sots said:

github action is powerful :smiley:

? I just did the github link I don't use github actions

• @Daniel15 said:
    Hosthatch storage VPS 10TB for $10/m is probably the closest you'll find, but I doubt they'll offer it at that price again.

I think they said they didn't want to do any more promo stuff, the epyc promo was their final one or something along those lines.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2022

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said:

I think they said they didn't want to do any more promo stuff, the epyc promo was their final one or something along those lines.

That makes sense given their regular pricing is quite competitive now. Their offers were crazy good though, so I'm holding on to all my HostHatch VPSes for as long as possible, including the 10TB one.

• @Daniel15 said:

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said:

That makes sense given their regular pricing is quite competitive now. Their offers were crazy good though, so I'm holding on to all my HostHatch VPSes for as long as possible, including the 10TB one.

Agreed, super happy with all my HostHatch services, probably helps that I haven't been dinged by any of the outages yet.

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@LiliLabs said:

@Daniel15 said: