Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean higer pricing and a smaller instance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean higer pricing and a smaller instance

emghemgh Member
edited May 2022 in Providers
Thanked by 2Gravely risharde
Do you like higher pricing?
  1. Do you?71 votes
    1. Yes I like having to pay more.
      22.54%
    2. Yes I enjoy having to pay more.
      12.68%
    3. Yes I adore having to pay more.
      64.79%

Comments

• devpdevp Member

They are adjusting their pricing as per LET Forum rules.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

My good friend, such are the times in which we live that everything will cost us a little more, why only today I found that my Netflix subscription will increase by a whole two English pounds from the very next month! I can tell you, such was the surprise I nearly fell atop my perch!

Thanked by 4Marx umi ariq01 BBTN
  • tsofttsoft Member

I hate to pay

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:
    My good friend, such are the times in which we live that everything will cost us a little more, why only today I found that my Netflix subscription will increase by a whole two English pounds from the very next month! I can tell you, such was the surprise I nearly fell atop my perch!

I watch movies for free, just checked, still free.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Just use buyvm , reliable , cheap and great support
    Thanks @Francisco

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

Me too

• emghemgh Member

@mustafamw3 said:
    Just use buyvm , reliable , cheap and great support
    Thanks @Francisco

Yes and extremely scalable. Need another server? Just ord ... nvm.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

Sir, whilst I will not judge your lifestyle choices, if someone does not contribute to the industry that produces entertainment, entertainment will ceae to exist. I chose to contribute where I can to help maintain what is surely a golden era of televisual treats!

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

Sir, whilst I will not judge your lifestyle choices, if someone does not contribute to the industry that produces entertainment, entertainment will ceae to exist. I chose to contribute where I can to help maintain what is surely a golden era of televisual treats!

I don't like paying and since I don't like thinking either I won't give you an answer that requires that.

Instead, I'll list my top-three beverages of choice:
    1. Pepsi Max
    2. Cola Zero
    3. Fanta (not zero)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:I don't like paying and since I don't like thinking either I won't give you an answer that requires that.

1. Pepsi Max
    2. Cola Zero
    3. Fanta (not zero)

A fine choice of beverages, Sir! I must ask though, given your clear proclivity for imbibing sugar-free liquids, why do you not drink Fanta Zero?

Thanked by 2emgh alilet
  • emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:I don't like paying and since I don't like thinking either I won't give you an answer that requires that.

1. Pepsi Max
    2. Cola Zero
    3. Fanta (not zero)

A fine choice of beverages, Sir! I must ask though, given your clear proclivity for imbibing sugar-free liquids, why do you not drink Fanta Zero?

I feel like the Zero just isn't as good. With Pepsi, especially, I feel like the taste is actually better.

Now, give me your list! :)

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited May 2022

This is why the dedicated servers market is growing faster now. Many realizing that VPS/Cloud instances costs are not the way for everyone. You can do much more with Dedicated Servers integrated with API, companies like HiVelocity with cloud features are peaking ahead: API, Scripts, Terraform.

You can also see signs of this when you see cloud market companies like Linode and Vultr adding Dedicated Servers.

You can run your own high availability and save in costs.

When you consume lots of resources, cloud gets expensive.

Also the market overall is getting more expensive. Sustainability is preferred over cheap prices.

My opinion.

• Moore's law is breaking down.

• wotetiwoteti Member

@Hxxx said:
    You can also see signs of this when you see cloud market companies like Linode and Vultr adding Dedicated Servers.

Vultr yes. But linode?

• szymonpszymonp Member

4$ for shit specs, big clouds always overcharge, for that price I can get like 4 gb of ram, 2 TB bandwidth etc

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

1. Pepsi Max
    2. Cola Zero
    3. Fanta (not zero)

I feel like the Zero just isn't as good. With Pepsi, especially, I feel like the taste is actually better.

Oh what a fun little game!

1. Iced caramel macchiato
    2. Chocolate milk (preferably Shaken Udder Chocolush, but Chocomel will suffice)
    3. A&W Cream Soda

How do my choice align with your expectations, if indeed you maintained any preconception on the matter?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

1. Pepsi Max
    2. Cola Zero
    3. Fanta (not zero)

Oh what a fun little game!

1. Iced caramel macchiato
    2. Chocolate milk (preferably Shaken Udder Chocolush, but Chocomel will suffice)
    3. A&W Cream Soda

How do my choice align with your expectations, if indeed you maintained any preconception on the matter?

Actually, your list is better, I had a very narrow view of only choosing sodas since I'm what's commonly referred to as a "lazy fuck". But your first and second choices definitely trump mine.

Not too sure about the third one though, haven't seen here.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said: Actually, your list is better, I had a very narrow view of only choosing sodas since I'm what's commonly referred to as a "lazy fuck". But your first and second choices definitely trump mine.

It is a beverage that I believe is commonly found only in North America. Whilst I have imported cans of said beverage in the past, it always tastes sweetest when I get to sample it whilst visiting it's country of origin.

• emghemgh Member

@szymonp said:
    4$ for shit specs, big clouds always overcharge, for that price I can get like 4 gb of ram, 2 TB bandwidth etc

Hetzner is somewhat more expensive but even gives you 20 TB if I remember correctly. Honestly, what DO did offer a few years ago, simple, cheap & easy to use VPS servers for 5 bucks, isn't all that interesting anymore.

Now it's not 5 but 7, and the rest of the market has gone down a lot since (Hetzner for example).

Doesn't Vultr even offer much more locations to choose from as well?

I guess I just don't see the point anymore.

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said: Actually, your list is better, I had a very narrow view of only choosing sodas since I'm what's commonly referred to as a "lazy fuck". But your first and second choices definitely trump mine.

It is a beverage that I believe is commonly found only in North America. Whilst I have imported cans of said beverage in the past, it always tastes sweetest when I get to sample it whilst visiting it's country of origin.

Got you. I'll go make some hot chocolate now. Thanks for the inspiration.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

How wonderful! With tiny marshmallows and a whipped cream topping?

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

I'm just recently an adult in the legal sense, and I live alone in my own apartment. Do you think I've got the planning skills required to have these things available?

Spoiler: I do not. I usually go to the store for each and every meal.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

I'm just recently an adult in the legal sense, and I live alone in my own apartment. Do you think I've got the planning skills required to have these things available?

Spoiler: I do not. I usually go to the store for each and every meal.

So upon your next visit, do obtain some of these fine ingredients to complement your delicious hot chocolate beverage. The marshmallows will stay fluffy and light if kept in an air-tight container, and a can of spray whipped cream will keep for months in the refrigerator, so will be available for some time to come!

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said: can of spray whipped cream

A gentleman like you?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

A gentleman like you?

Not now, but as early as last week I was still the sort of uncouth monster that devoured whipped cream directly from the can.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

A gentleman like you?

Not now, but as early as last week I was still the sort of uncouth monster that devoured whipped cream directly from the can.

How a man can change. Fascinating. All it took was the light touch of a Forum Administrator.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

A gentleman like you?

How a man can change. Fascinating. All it took was the light touch of a Forum Administrator.

The lightest of touches. A simple, polite request, accompanied by a cat .gif.

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

A gentleman like you?

Will the request ever be shared with us, the hard-working working-class who can only hope to one day become the gentleman that you are?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

A gentleman like you?

Will the request ever be shared with us, the hard-working working-class who can only hope to one day become the gentleman that you are?

I would be more than happy to share the conversation with everyone, should the other party be equally open to the idea, although I assure you it is a completely cordial and polite, maybe even banal, conversation.

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

@Nekki said:

@emgh said:

A gentleman like you?

I would be more than happy to share the conversation with everyone, should the other party be equally open to the idea, although I assure you it is a completely cordial and polite, maybe even banal, conversation.

Share with me.