Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Notice: LowEndTalk Support Desk Change!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Notice: LowEndTalk Support Desk Change!

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
edited May 2022 in General

Effective today, May 15th, we have migrated to a new Support Desk for LowEndTalk.

The old system (https://support.lowendtalk.com) has been shut down. A redirect has been established to the new system.

The new system is https://services.lowendtalk.com.

Forum users can submit support requests as a guest, without having to create an account, in the new system. To submit support requests please do so here: https://services.lowendtalk.com/submitticket.php

Please note: This change does not impact, at this time, the LowEndBox helpdesk where LowEndBox offer submissions are handled.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

ยซ1

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jbiloh said: Forum users can submit support requests as a guest

Sorry, I might be missing out on some details or how the process flows but wouldn't that potentially be spammable?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@DP said:

Sorry, I might be missing out on some details or how the process flows but wouldn't that potentially be spammable?

The prior system allowed it without a proper captcha. New system has a captcha.

It's intended to reduce the burden on our community members as they do not need to create an account inside the services.lowendtalk.com WHMCS interface to submit a support request.

Thanked by 1DP
  • itoito Member, Host Rep

Does that mean I will see the "LowEndTalk Provider Tag" and the cost before I open the ticket each time? :D

@ito said:
    Does that mean I will see the "LowEndTalk Provider Tag" and the cost before I open the ticket each time? :D

Depends which page you go to.

The redirect of https://support.lowendtalk.com dumps you right off where a ticket would get created.

The direct ticket URL is: https://services.lowendtalk.com/submitticket.php

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Dear @jbiloh, may I humbly suggest that there are links provided to the appropriate guidance within each of the forums, for example, providing a link to the offer rules within the offer forum, and the provider requirements within the 'Patron provider' and 'Host rep' forms.

Perhaps it may help to simplify the lives of your erstwhile and hardworking moderation team?

Thanked by 1risharde

@Nekki said:
    Dear @jbiloh, may I humbly suggest that there are links provided to the appropriate guidance within each of the forums, for example, providing a link to the offer rules within the offer forum, and the provider requirements within the 'Patron provider' and 'Host rep' forms.

Perhaps it may help to simplify the lives of your erstwhile and hardworking moderation team?

Thank you kind sir for your valued suggestions.

Thanked by 2Erisa _MS_
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

Thank you kind sir for your valued suggestions.

You are more than welcome, old bean, have a joyous day!

• szymonpszymonp Member

@jbiloh said:

@DP said:

It's intended to reduce the burden on our community members as they do not need to create an account inside the services.lowendtalk.com WHMCS interface to submit a support request.

Indian slave captacha solver half a cent per captacha they even accept paypal

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@szymonp said:

@jbiloh said:

@DP said:

Indian slave captacha solver half a cent per captacha they even accept paypal

If it's a problem we will make changes.

• user123user123 Member

@jbiloh I have serious concerns about this change to the LET Support Desk. Can you please reassure us that LET remains the primary support desk for every service provider and the default means for users to bypass, expedite, and circumvent standard channels when seeking support from providers?

Thanked by 2zafouhar james50a

@user123 said:
    @jbiloh I have serious concerns about this change to the LET Support Desk. Can you please reassure us that LET remains the primary support desk for every service provider and the default means for users to bypass, expedite, and circumvent standard channels when seeking support from providers?

Users will continue to enjoy expeditious and courteous support replies on the LowEndTalk support desk, even if they are confused as to who they should be talking to!

Typically we get about 2 submissions per week from end users seeking support from their provider! Heh.

Thanked by 1user123
  • user123user123 Member

@jbiloh said:
    Typically we get about 2 submissions per week from end users seeking support from their provider! Heh.

If I'm being honest, that volume is at least a magnitude lower than I expected.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Congrats on the new ticket system!

I made a test ticket wishing the admins many happy tickets! :) Hehe!

I received the email acknowledgement of ticket creation. Please watch this space for an unbiased review of ticket response time! :)

Friendly greetings from Sonora! ๐Ÿšต

Thanked by 2jason5545 risharde
  • @Not_Oles said: I made a test ticket wishing the admins many happy tickets! :) Hehe!

Should we all follow suit? :)

• devpdevp Member
    edited May 2022

Now LET is having an own branded store and service portal based on WHMCS.
    @jbiloh
    Can we consider LET merchandise store in works.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@dahartigan said: Should we all follow suit?

I actually considered that exact thought before I made my post. Haha! :)

Jon is working hard on behind-the-scenes development of LEB and LET. Good things are happening! It's part of my job to check stuff. And I can't resist a bit of joking around.

I think I can speak for Jon and for all the staff when I say that we trust you guys to be reasonable.

Best wishes and kindest regards! ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒ

Tom

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Not_Oles said:

@dahartigan said: Should we all follow suit?

I actually considered that exact thought before I made my post. Haha! :)

Jon is working hard on behind-the-scenes development of LEB and LET. Good things are happening! It's part of my job to check stuff. And I can't resist a bit of joking around.

I think I can speak for Jon and for all the staff when I say that we trust you guys to be reasonable.

Best wishes and kindest regards! ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒ

Tom

ROFL, I'm a shit stirrer and couldn't pass the chance to throw that in there for a laugh.

I agree that the vast majority of us are level-headed enough to not engage in a deliberate spam campaign against the forums in any way.

I'm just tickling your beard, it's all good :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • LeviLevi Member

"Services".

• @LTniger said:
    "Services".

Renamed to services.. nek minnit... LET is a provider...

• brejskibrejski Member

Services? Really? Every step makes this forum worse and worse.... Especially financial steps... Providers willing to post their offers need to increase their prices because of fee. Sounds like LET is going to be a business. Screw that.

• devpdevp Member
    edited May 2022

Thread that i shared with the members and visitors to discuss how members at LET forum should contribute to make the LET forum nurture and make a positive impact both in professional discussions and active participation has been closed by a moderator just hours before as i bring that thread to the front page to discuss.

Original Thread Link:

@brejski said:
    Services? Really? Every step makes this forum worse and worse.... Especially financial steps... Providers willing to post their offers need to increase their prices because of fee. Sounds like LET is going to be a business. Screw that.

Because we are combining three platforms into one, "services" felt most appropriate (aka user and hosting company related services). Through this unified platform we are providing forum support, LowEndBox helpdesk services, and LowEndTalk provider tag management.

I wouldn't let the subdomain cause you discomfort.

• devpdevp Member

@devp said:
    Thread that i shared with the members and visitors to discuss how members at LET forum should contribute to make the LET forum nurture and make a positive impact both in professional discussions and active participation has been closed by a moderator just hours before as i bring that thread to the front page to discuss.

Original Thread Link:

Thread has been reopened now after direct message to moderator who closed the thread.

• devpdevp Member

@jbiloh said:

@brejski said:

Because we are combining three platforms into one, "services" felt most appropriate (aka user and hosting company related services). Through this unified platform we are providing forum support, LowEndBox helpdesk services, and LowEndTalk provider tag management.

@jbiloh
    Keeping things dedicated for focused management of related operations results in higher productivity at each level of the hierarchy.

Synchronization among things can be unified to get early picture of the relevance.

@devp said:

@jbiloh said:

@brejski said:

@jbiloh
    Keeping things dedicated for focused management of related operations results in higher productivity at each level of the hierarchy.

Synchronization among things can be unified to get early picture of the relevance.

We are making the helpdesk change incremental. While the goal is to combine all three to one, right now we have only combined the forum support system with the provider tag system.

In a few weeks time we will take a look at where we are and make a decision on migrating the LowEndBox helpdesk to services.lowendtalk.com.

• devpdevp Member

@jbiloh said:

@devp said:

@jbiloh said:

@brejski said:

@jbiloh

We are making the helpdesk change incremental. While the goal is to combine all three to one, right now we have only combined the forum support system with the provider tag system.

In a few weeks time we will take a look at where we are and make a decision on migrating the LowEndBox helpdesk to services.lowendtalk.com.

Agreed.

As you are using single WHMCS License services.lowendbox.com can be redirected to services.lowendtalk.com with additional query parameters that can be mapped internally which helps in filtering the support requests based on origin url of requests.

More relevant and managable.

@devp said:

@jbiloh said:

@devp said:

@jbiloh said:

@brejski said:

@jbiloh

Agreed.

As you are using single WHMCS License services.lowendbox.com can be redirected to services.lowendtalk.com with additional query parameters that can be mapped internally which helps in filtering the support requests based on origin url of requests.

Good suggestion, will definitely consider that if/when the time comes.

• devpdevp Member

@jbiloh said:

@devp said:

@jbiloh said:

@devp said:

@jbiloh said:

@brejski said:

@jbiloh

Agreed.

Good suggestion, will definitely consider that if/when the time comes.

Appreciated.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

We are getting less impression on our LET advertisement than before. Clicks are almost non-existent now.

Our latest offer don't have the expected number of views and comments on it.

Just wondering if that means LET is loosing it's traffic or people just don't care about my offers anymore.

FYI, I have been less active here on previous few months.

Thanked by 1Thundas
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Shakib said:
    We are getting less impression on our LET advertisement than before. Clicks are almost non-existent now.

Our latest offer don't have the expected number of views and comments on it.

Just wondering if that means LET is loosing it's traffic or people just don't care about my offers anymore.

FYI, I have been less active here on previous few months.

Sir, are your offers providing something unique each time, or are your offers largely the same? Speaking personally, if I believe your offer to be the very same one I saw last time, I will make no effort to click.

Thanked by 2Shakib devp