Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 204
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    Unlimited @ 1Gbps, we can add a second port to the server for you. $80 setup fee for DC hands to do that, plus $10/MO for the port, and then around $600 per month for the 1Gbps unmetered bandwidth.

Are you interested?

Now you have me curious if I can pay for a port so I can have internal networking between my (eventual) storage VM and one of my ryzen VPS :smiley: Still holding on to a few hosthatch VMs because of this.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@LiliLabs said: Now you have me curious if I can pay for a port so I can have internal networking between my (eventual) storage VM and one of my ryzen VPS :smiley: Still holding on to a few hosthatch VMs because of this.

And if you allow @LiliLabs to pay for the internal networking port on a NVMe and a storage node, can I migrate to his NVMe node for free? /j

300 tickets inbound. :sunglasses:

EDIT: Seriously though VirMach if you had one NVMe node with a 40gb local network to the storage server you could have this as an add on and I think some people would go for it.
    1gb local not so much.

• J0rmoJ0rmo Member
    edited May 2022

It seems that the network of TYOC029 is getting worse again.

Ps:Take your time. No rush for me.

• Crossposting since it's more useful here:

@VirMach made some edits to this on the other green forum, I'll update and clarify here, along with a bit of detective work on the networking Networking results might not be 100% accurate, but I have a VM in every active location and everything I say appears to be backed up by the network on those VMs. @VirMach can feel free to add this to the site if it helps. Test IP are not VirMach subnets, just ones directly from the upstreams.

LAX: QuadraNet@Quadranet Century 
     (Network: GTT, 1299, Cogent, Zayo) 
     (Test IP: 96.44.183.190)

Dallas: Dedipath@Infomart 
     (Network: INAP, AT&T, Centurylink, Cogent, Comcast, NTT, 1299, Verizon) 
     (Test IP: 185.161.69.26)

San Jose: Dedipath@INAP SV1
     (Test IP: 74.217.183.180)

Amsterdam: xTom@MainCubes AMS01 
     (Network: Sprint, Lumen, 1299) 
     (Test IP: 78.142.192.44)

NYC Metro (AKA New Jersey): Dedipath@INAP NJ1 
     (Test IP: 91.132.1.132)

Tokyo: xTom@Cat Networks 
     (Network: SoftBank, Lumen, IIJ, Telstra, NTT) 
     (Test IP: 45.14.71.22)

Seattle: Dedipath@INAP@Sabey SEA05
     (Test IP: 69.25.117.188)

Atlanta: Dedipath@Flexential 
     (Network: Zayo) 
     (Test IP: 45.9.15.195)

Denver: Dedipath@Flexential 
     (Network: Zayo) 
     (Test IP: 172.81.40.35)

Phoenix: Dedipath@INAP 
     (Test IP: 69.25.116.107)

Frankfurt: xTom@Interxion 
     (Network: Orange, Sprint, Liberty Global, LWCom, 1299, Lumen)
     (Test IP: 147.78.177.187)

Miami: QuadraNet@Digital Realty MIA1 
     (Network: Telefonica, GTT, Cogent, 1299) 
     (Test IP: 173.44.32.10)

Thanked by 4FrankZ RecD fan elliotc
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

Node TYOC029

larger image

Redacted original post since @LiliLabs posted a better update above.

• @FrankZ said:

VirMach said: A little update/correction to this with more information.

LAX: QuadraNet@QuadraNet Century City
    Dallas: Dedipath@Infomart
    San Jose: Dedipath@IDK
    Amsterdam: xTom@MainCubes
    NYC Metro: Dedipath@INAP
    Tokyo: xTom@Cat Networks
    Seattle: Dedipath@IDK
    Atlanta: Dedipath@Flexential
    Denver: Dedipath@Flexential
    Phoenix: Dedipath@INAP
    Frankfurt: xTom@IDK
    Miami: QuadraNet@Equinix?

Then we also have LAX Psychz which we're phasing out so we don't get robbed any further, and Dallas Psychz and I'll figure out something fun to do with that one as we have like 10 months left.

Yep, VirMach was wrong about a few locations so I fixed it for them + added more detail.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @angstrom said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Still trying to catch up, so please excuse out of context..

same crap here

Was directed at moaning etc. not in the slightest at @Virmach .
    (I may have entered his || dimension - 2 to 4 hours sleep at a time!)

In the words of the brilliant The Clash, I'm so pilled up that I rattle.
    Thanks for the wishes fellas!

I think that I thought that you were younger than you are ;)

You didn't get a "get off my lawn" vibe? :D

Thanked by 2angstrom AlwaysSkint
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Looks like TYOC029 is definitely crashing and rebooting, I'd need to look into it further.

Thanked by 2fan FrankZ
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I just did some benchmark of VirMach deals with all the other deals I have, I am surprised by VirMach is still one of the best for the price with good enough IO :smiley:

Only thing missing in Singapore location

• I purchased a BF-SPECIAL-2021 on 12/01/2021, and it has not been activated for 5 months, can you help me take a look, Transaction
    ID 2021113022001363371439845905 Invoice #1340061 o:)

• @FrankZ said:

@jiao930835419 said: Hello, I would like to ask when the special server was migrated to Japan for free, but there was an extra IP address and no migration. When will he complete the migration? B)

The BF type specials are normally migrated when the node you are on is decommissioned. So everybody on that node is migrated at the same time. There is no specific date that I can tell you when this will happen, but you will receive an email from VirMach a few days before with info on when the migration will happen. The IP address you were assigned is so you can know in advance what IP will be assigned to your VPS after the migration happens and can make adjustments accordingly.

I purchased a BF-SPECIAL-2021 on 12/01/2021, and it has not been activated for 5 months, can you help me take a look, Transaction
    ID 2021113022001363371439845905 Invoice #1340061

@FAT32 said:
    I just did some benchmark of VirMach deals with all the other deals I have, I am surprised by VirMach is still one of the best for the price with good enough IO :smiley:

If you or anyone else wants to suggest a viable partner for Singapore, we can definitely look into it.

Something like this:

42U/46U
    2x20Ax230V A+B w/ 3.68kWh usable
    2Gbps 95th @ 40Gbps port
    Multi-homed/good blend

<$USD 4,000/MO

• totototototo Member

@jiao930835419 said:

@ FrankZ said:

@jiao930835419 said: Hello, I would like to ask when the special server was migrated to Japan for free, but there was an extra IP address and no migration. When will he complete the migration? B)

The BF type specials are normally migrated when the node you are on is decommissioned. So everybody on that node is migrated at the same time. There is no specific date that I can tell you when this will happen, but you will receive an email from VirMach a few days before with info on when the migration will happen. The IP address you were assigned is so you can know in advance what IP will be assigned to your VPS after the migration happens and can make adjustments accordingly.

I purchased a BF-SPECIAL-2021 on 12/01/2021, and it has not been activated for 5 months, can you help me take a look, Transaction
    ID 2021113022001363371439845905 Invoice #1340061

Hint: FrankZ is not an employee of VirMach

Thanked by 2FrankZ pdd
  • skorousskorous Member

@FrankZ said: I tried Debian 6 and Centos 7 and I got nothing.

Ah, I went straight to Debian 11 in the main panel IIRC.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • passwapasswa Member
    edited May 2022

@FAT32 said:

And HK

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

Anyone else having problems signing in, since updating Firefox (100.0) ?

GEThttps://billing.virmach.com/templates/vtwenty-one/src/disk/slidercaptcha.css
    [HTTP/3 404 Not Found 199ms]

The resource from “https://billing.virmach.com/templates/vtwenty-one/src/disk/slidercaptcha.css” was blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff).
    index.php
    GEThttps://billing.virmach.com/templates/vtwenty-one/src/disk/longbow.slidercaptcha.js
    [HTTP/3 404 Not Found 196ms]

The resource from “https://billing.virmach.com/templates/vtwenty-one/src/disk/longbow.slidercaptcha.js” was blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff).
    index.php
    Uncaught (in promise) Timeout

[Edit] May have found a workaround.. clearing cookies.

Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 3
    Cookie “cf_chl_rc_m” has been rejected because it is already expired.

[Edit2]
    Yup, I'm a muppet. Now logged in.
    Some (slightly) interesting warnings with the login page though.

• ElonMuskElonMusk Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach
    I didn't do anything~
    then i was suspended
    I have absolutely no idea what's going on
    please help me check

thanks

View Ticket #565410

• @ElonMusk said:
    @VirMach
    I didn't do anything~
    then i was suspended
    please help me check

thanks

View Ticket #565410

Will dogecoin rise? :D

@ElonMusk said:
    @VirMach
    I didn't do anything~
    then i was suspended
    please help me check
    View Ticket #565410

Sounds like you probably got hacked. What was your password? I mean no need to say it here but think about it.

Right now for unsuspensions we're only accepting ones where password is provided on the ticket, looks secure, and we can log in and see what happened. Too many of these, I guess a lot of people setting up their VM and then not securing it since it's new.

I just did look at your ticket since you're Elon Musk, and it doesn't look like you were hacked based on the usual abuse that goes on when people are but it's even worse, 50%+ I/O util for a day plus. Your VM was the one causing major problems on TYOC036. So I'll let other people on TYOC036 chime in on if you should be unsuspended but normally in this case it would be permanent because the $25 abuse fee is greater than the plan cost and no one usually wants to pay that.

• totototototo Member

@ElonMusk said: I didn't do anything~

So you are saying that you did not take any hacker-prevention?
    It's almost always pointless to explain that "I didn't do anything". Instead, it is better to explain exactly what you did.

• xprebounxpreboun Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach Any updates on NYC and LAX?

P.S. Did you find any service that signed up for Chicago? If not can you also change the status of that to "Not part of sale"?

• Vampire @Virmach, would you mind taking a wee look at the stalled AMS migration again? Or is that a developer on Monday task? Ticket #660783

• @VirMach said:

@ElonMusk said:
    @VirMach
    I didn't do anything~
    then i was suspended
    please help me check
    View Ticket #565410

Sounds like you probably got hacked. What was your password? I mean no need to say it here but think about it.

Right now for unsuspensions we're only accepting ones where password is provided on the ticket, looks secure, and we can log in and see what happened. Too many of these, I guess a lot of people setting up their VM and then not securing it since it's new.

I just did look at your ticket since you're Elon Musk, and it doesn't look like you were hacked based on the usual abuse that goes on when people are but it's even worse, 50%+ I/O util for a day plus. Your VM was the one causing major problems on TYOC036. So I'll let other people on TYOC036 chime in on if you should be unsuspended but normally in this case it would be permanent because the $25 abuse fee is greater than the plan cost and no one usually wants to pay that.

I think I get it, my password is simple: 12345678

Can you help me recover?
    thanks

• @ElonMusk said: ..my password is simple..

FFS :facepalm:

• passwapasswa Member

@VirMach
    See ticket #355723, I've paid for bandwidth overage and I haven't used my instance for a month. thanks

@tototo said: It's almost always pointless to explain that "I didn't do anything". Instead, it is better to explain exactly what you did.

Yep, I guess that usually works with other hosts so we get that a lot but it indicates the complete opposite of what people think.

Actual mistakes/misunderstandings that can usually be resolved have a very detailed explanation and that's the type of unsuspension that has lowest risk of re-abuse. Highest risk is always the "I didn't do anything" crowd. I mean of course I still feel bad for them but ...

@ElonMusk said:

@VirMach said:

@ElonMusk said:
    @VirMach
    I didn't do anything~
    then i was suspended
    please help me check
    View Ticket #565410

Can you help me recover?
    thanks

• @ElonMusk said:

@VirMach said:

@ElonMusk said:
    @VirMach
    I didn't do anything~
    then i was suspended
    please help me check
    View Ticket #565410

Can you help me recover?
    thanks

12345678 :D

• @ElonMusk said: I think I get it, my password is simple: 12345678

This password without SSH CA or Pubkey auth? That's simpler than my home smart lock entry password lmao

edited May 2022

@xpreboun said:

@ElonMusk said: I think I get it, my password is simple: 12345678

This password without SSH CA or Pubkey auth? That's simpler than my home smart lock entry password lmao

I really need to go through and make some time for updating templates to set password requirements and change default SSH port. We do always then have to deal with a ton of tickets "SSH doesn't work" and people locking themselves out and even then it's possible for people to set insecure passwords like AAaaaaabc12# but hey at least that takes 30 minutes to crack instead of 12345678, which is:

We've though about running a bruteforcer ourselves to do it first and notify customers but who wants that in their logs plus it'd kind of be strange and perhaps ethically wrong to some people.

But I mean if we notify all customers and let the ones who know how to block it (kind of like a minimal test to ensure they know how to use a computer) to go ahead and "opt out" it might work.

• @xpreboun said:

@ElonMusk said: I think I get it, my password is simple: 12345678

Maybe Musk is too kind

This discussion has been closed.