Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for game-server VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for game-server VPS

DigikaDigika Member
edited April 2022 in Requests

The game requires min 6GB RAM, 8 ideal. 2x cores is enough but higher clock is more important so I believe even 1x dedicated ore will do. SSD/HDD/NVME - irrelevant. Any Linux OS. Ideal price range is 16-20$ though I have doubts this is possible.

But miracles do happen at LET sometimes.

Comments

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

You didnt specify location, but I saw @mxmla offers and maybe you'll like them
    https://my.server-factory.com/cart/vds-nl-amd-ryzen/
    You would get full 5950X core (2 threads / 2 vcores) dedicated for you, 8GB ram, 100GB NVMe. Maybe futher discount possible if you go for longer billing period, ask them :)

Thanked by 2mxmla Ympker
  • DigikaDigika Member
    edited April 2022
    Thanked by 1mxmla
  • mxmlamxmla Member, Patron Provider
  • VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

Hello

cost start from 10.92/month with annual plan.
    Higher CPU available.
    5 locations, 7 datacenters.

• dosaidosai Member

@Vitaly said:
    Hello

cost start from 10.92/month with annual plan.
    Higher CPU available.
    5 locations, 7 datacenters.

5GB storage? What?

• VPS isn’t suitable for game servers unless you have true dedicated cores that nothing else, including the hypervisor OS, can be scheduled on. 99% of providers selling dedicated cores are not selling this

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@darkimmortal said:
    VPS isn’t suitable for game servers

nah.

Thanked by 3Erisa Bastion netomx
  • Servers for a game don't need a higher clock or anything lol

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hi!
    You can take a look at our packages located in France & Germany.
    https://www.hazi.ro/virtual-private-server-kvm

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

How about i9-11900K?

We got the best deals available on LET.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

PM me and I can set you up with a trial.

• zcorpszcorps Member
    edited April 2022

@Shakib said:
    How about i9-11900K?

We got the best deals available on LET.

hmmm do you have any cheap vps with i9 or i7 or i5 or i3 or even intel pentium 4 etc type processor i mean which have igpu . 2 GB ram one core will be ok

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited April 2022

@MikeA said:

@darkimmortal said:

nah.

What games do you think are ok on VPS? The likes of Minecraft might get away with it, but any fps game hasn’t a chance of offering a good experience to players

Edit: oh you’re a Minecraft host, lol

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

@darkimmortal said:

@MikeA said:

@darkimmortal said:

nah.

What games do you think are ok on VPS? The likes of Minecraft might get away with it, but any fps game hasn’t a chance of offering a good experience to players

Edit: oh you’re a Minecraft host, lol

I host other games and all is containerized.

I have lots of VPS clients running source game servers, since I offer OVH's game firewall, no complaints.

• Platinum_HostPlatinum_Host Member
    edited October 2022

@Digika said:
    The game requires min 6GB RAM, 8 ideal. 2x cores is enough but higher clock is more important so I believe even 1x dedicated ore will do. SSD/HDD/NVME - irrelevant. Any Linux OS. Ideal price range is 16-20$ though I have doubts this is possible.

Here at [Spam], we have plans starting from 4GB of RAM per month. We have dedicated cores per VPS plan and all plans comes with a 1Gbps connection with SSD storage.

We are currently only based in the UK but we are expanding by the month!

If you need to purchase a different plan please contact us through [Spam]

Mod edit (angstrom): Deleted

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    Thanked by 2Xrmaddness lanefu
  • AndruAndru Member

@Platinum_Host said:

@Digika said:

Here at Platinum Host, we have plans starting from 4GB of RAM per month. We have dedicated cores per VPS plan and all plans comes with a 1Gbps connection with SSD storage.

If you need to purchase a different plan please contact us through Support Page

Prepare for the banhammer.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@Platinum_Host please read ruls :blush: and pay provider tag :joy:

Thanked by 1Platinum_Host
  • @Calin said:
    @Platinum_Host please read ruls :blush: and pay provider tag :joy:

Sorry my bad, I'll look through the rules now

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited April 2022

@Platinum_Host said:
    Here at Platinum Host, we have plans starting from 4GB of RAM per month. We have dedicated cores per VPS plan and all plans comes with a 1Gbps connection with SSD storage.

If you need to purchase a different plan please contact us through Support Page

I was going to ask if you paid your LET Provider invoice... but then I see .xyz domain and oh boy, we all know the answer to that :D

Thanked by 3fluffernutter Void WSWD
  • NFOServers has great DDoS protection and a fantastic network (upstreamed by Internap), making them fantastic for game hosting. Multiple online communities I play on regularly are hosted by NFO, and my ping has always been really low. (I promise this isn't an ad, just a very satisfied user)

• GhtGht Member

I had to much problems with OVH with Bypass & Spoof DDOS.

Since i found them Lowhosting.io , my game server has no ddos anymore.

And you cant find a cheap specs like this i belive.

So far so good

Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i9-9900K
    Voxility Protection + Source Firewall.
    Im currently with 8GB RAM and 4 CORES not vcores. and i pay 12€/m
    Unmetered Traffic at 500mbps
    CS:GO runs perfectly with 40 slots no lag.
    I highly recommend them if you wanna use for gaming.

• @Ght said:
    I had to much problems with OVH with Bypass & Spoof DDOS.

Since i found them Lowhosting.io , my game server has no ddos anymore.

And you cant find a cheap specs like this i belive.

So far so good

Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i9-9900K
    Voxility Protection + Source Firewall.
    Im currently with 8GB RAM and 4 CORES not vcores. and i pay 12€/m
    Unmetered Traffic at 500mbps
    CS:GO runs perfectly with 40 slots no lag.
    I highly recommend them if you wanna use for gaming.

OVH is still strong then other competiters in anti ddos .

• @duckeeyuck said:
    Servers for a game don't need a higher clock or anything lol

Some terrible coded gameservers that do much server-side processing for anti-cheat and such only use a few threads instead of scaling it properly across many cores which benefits greatly from CPUs with a good single core score

• DigikaDigika Member

@darkimmortal said: VPS isn’t suitable for game servers unless you have true dedicated cores that nothing else, including the hypervisor OS, can be scheduled on. 99% of providers selling dedicated cores are not selling this

You gonna have to elaborate on that. At least a few offers in this thread claim they offer dedicated cores (which I would expect on any plans close and above 20%$ by default). What the issue?

• DigikaDigika Member

@Ght said: I had to much problems with OVH with Bypass & Spoof DDOS.

What kind of problems?

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited May 2022

@Digika said:

@darkimmortal said: VPS isn’t suitable for game servers unless you have true dedicated cores that nothing else, including the hypervisor OS, can be scheduled on. 99% of providers selling dedicated cores are not selling this

You gonna have to elaborate on that. At least a few offers in this thread claim they offer dedicated cores (which I would expect on any plans close and above 20%$ by default). What the issue?

The majority of VPS providers offering 'dedicated cores' mean you are allowed to max out those cores 24/7 and the level of overselling should allow you to do so without performance penalty. You do not get your own permanent cores

A small number of providers will enforce dedicated cores via affinity, so that only you can use those cores. These are suitable-ish for slower games like Minecraft, but still not good enough for FPS games or other realtime applications

To be suitable for all types of games, you need true dedicated cores that are also excluded from the hypervisor OS. So not only can no other customer ever execute on your cores, but also the hypervisor OS can never use those cores. Only in this scenario can you expect a realtime-capable guest. I don't know any provider that offers this

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

I would really recommend finding a DED Server based on your needs.

But I do have a VPS that might work if your ok paying yearly
    VPS 8GB 2C 150 GB NVME$40/mo, if you pay annual you can get 50% with coupon code VPS-2Y5RBVS0ZR
    https://oplink.net/virtual-private-servers/

• DigikaDigika Member

@darkimmortal said: I don't know any provider that offers this

Amazon Cloud memes? Official game server for the game I'm after use Amazon.
    It is a 30 tickrate server so it is okayish but I see your point. Would be nice to compare latency, both network and gamelogic execution. Sadly, very expensive test.