Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greencloud unreasonable transfer cost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Greencloud unreasonable transfer cost

Hi, everyone. I tried to push one of my vps today in Greencloud. And the service agent told me that I had to pay for this transfer. I asked them why I had to paid for this as I had not pushed any machines since the tos was modified that greencloud would charge a high fee for the 2nd or 3rd transfer request. And then the agent relied me that they did not count from tos change time, and all the history push times was accumulated for the account. I thought that this is really unreasonable for breaking the tos, which means that the tos can be modified any time and the new tos can be used to change the purchased machines.

Here is the talks with their agent:

image.png

image.png

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Quoting GreenCloudVPS:

We have done a lot of free transfer requests on your account already.

There's no particular reason why GreenCloudVPS should feel obliged to restart the counter

Congrats on your first discussion

• angstromangstrom Moderator

It would be a problem if GreenCloudVPS started charging for transfers already completed retroactively, but they're not doing this

• I think this is reasonable.

@666yanger666 said: the tos can be modified any time

This is true everywhere around the world for all kinds of services.

MJJs need to stop thinking that posting on LET will somehow give you an advantage with support.

• 666yanger666666yanger666 Member
    edited April 2022

@NoComment said:
    I think this is reasonable.

@666yanger666 said: the tos can be modified any time

This is true everywhere around the world for all kinds of services.

MJJs need to stop thinking that posting on LET will somehow give you an advantage with support.

But using a new tos to limit the purchased machines under the old tos is unreasonable, which means that your VPS prices or other configurations can be changed anytime by new tos?

• As GreenCloud said ,should I make up $30 tansfer fee for my 5 time ever? That is great !!! lol

• 666yanger666666yanger666 Member
    edited April 2022

@angstrom said:
    Quoting GreenCloudVPS:

There's no particular reason why GreenCloudVPS should feel obliged to restart the counter

This is because some of my friends wanted to buy the VPS and I helped them. I promised that I had not asked for any extra fee for my friend for every previous transfer.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited April 2022

Sucks to be you!

Thanked by 2SP Zyra
  • @666yanger666 said:

@angstrom said:
    Quoting GreenCloudVPS:

This is because some of my friends wanted to buy the VPS and I helped them. I promised that I had not asked for any extra fee for my friend for every previous transfer.

so kind and helpful friend

• The reasons have already been explained, one of which is this post.

@ NDTN said:

@ passwa said:
    The snap-buying campaign attracts huge traffic and allows you to earn considerable income, but why not leave the right to transfer to the customer? If automated, it doesn't take up your staff's time.

1. As explained, with the transfer fees, other customers might have more chances to grab the Flash Sale deals.
    2. It does require a lot of our staff's time: 1 - create a new Control Panel account; 2 - change the owner to the new account on the Control Panel (SolusVM), 3 - move the service to other customer's account (WHMCS).
  • VoidVoid Member
    edited April 2022

Thanks for reaching out to LowEndSupport. Please post your work order number in order to process your refund.

Thanked by 2ooowwww fedor
  • How many is "a lot of free transfer requests" that they have already done?

• @cybertech said:

@666yanger666 said:

@angstrom said:
    Quoting GreenCloudVPS:

so kind and helpful friend

lol, those sarcasm.

• @666yanger666 said:

@angstrom said:
    Quoting GreenCloudVPS:

GreenCloudVPS would have preferred if your friends bought them on their own.

Thanked by 3SP bdl emg
  • noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited April 2022

@666yanger666 said: This is because some of my friends wanted to buy the VPS and I helped them. I promised that I had not asked for any extra fee for my friend for every previous transfer.

lol, seeeeeems legit, doesn't it?

I've been fed up with sooo many unreasonable requests.

@angstrom said: Congrats on your first discussion

Interesting find, which makes OP's request even MORRRRR legit.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • taizitaizi Member

@666yanger666 said:

@angstrom said:
    Quoting GreenCloudVPS:

your original thread on hostloc:https://hostloc.com/thread-995578-1-1.html

and checked your thread history:
    https://hostloc.com/thread-977047-1-1.html [Already sold] remaining value 110cny to sell the green cloud black five(day) Chicago 25 USD plan 2022-3-1 16:31:30
    https://hostloc.com/thread-977001-1-1.html [Already sold] remaining value of 160cny to sell a black Friday green cloud Los Angeles LA 2022-3-1 14:49:40
    https://hostloc.com/thread-975110-1-1.html [Special VPS] [has been sold] 410cny to sell the green cloud Tokyo 65 USD two years, can upgrade to 85 USD three years plan 2022-2-25 15:01:27
    https://hostloc.com/thread-974731-1-1.html [unlimited traffic] 380cny sell a green cloud 5555 Singapore DC1 2022-2-24 16:17:40

very nice friend, even pay you some money

• @taizi said:
    your original thread on hostloc:https://hostloc.com/thread-995578-1-1.html

Nice one LowEndDetective, it is time to investigate!

Thanked by 1taizi
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2022

They probably didn't agree to be the partner in your unusual business. You're making money off of reselling their support time, basically. They want a cut or to be cut out. They already automated their sales, you're trying to de-automate them.

• You seem to be unhappy and we are here to help you.

@666yanger666 please confirm to LowEndSupport:

Would you like all your services cancelled. And refunded Pro Rata?

We will try to assist you with this, if this is your wish.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

They want to avoid transfers, if you don't need then don't buy.

I am sure, 1 or 2 out of need or circumstances would be fine but doing it regularly will definitely result in some sort of restriction.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Service transfers aren't a right. If I were them I'd be considering prohibiting them except in exceptional circumstances.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2022

to be fair i think the transfer counts should start from when new rules implemented.

otherwise those who have FOMO bought thinking they have 3 more chances (like me) are stuck. consolation is these are premium idlers.

Thanked by 1tototo
  • tzchztzchz Member

from my point of view i think that they should count from the time when the rule is changed.
    it's like when you have two loaves of bread you throw away one, but then the other is lost and you go hungry

Thanked by 1666yanger666
  • taizitaizi Member
    edited April 2022

@jar said:
    They probably didn't agree to be the partner in your unusual business. You're making money off of reselling their support time, basically. They want a cut or to be cut out. They already automated their sales, you're trying to de-automate them.

according to the thread comment, he seems not getting too much profit from reselling, most of them just sold because of idle.
    if they can give more space to the normal sellers(sell for idle,not sell for profit) it is better, but it is also hard to detect scalper

btw, why these providers don't use WHMCS transfers addon, let users transfer their service themself and charge some money.it is widely used in mjj(also Chinese) providers

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited April 2022

@tzchz said:
    from my point of view i think that they should count from the time when the rule is changed.
    it's like when you have two loaves of bread you throw away one, but then the other is lost and you go hungry

No, it's nothing like that and doesn't make sense. This is signing up for service under false pretense. It's abusing them and their sales.

The service is what was ordered and provided. It's the transfer that isn't part of the service as sold. E.g. you don't see "2 cores, 2GB RAM, 10 GB storage, 1TB bandwidth, unlimited transfers per account."

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • It is recommended to submit your conversation transcript in text, as pictures are difficult to translate!

• valkvalk Member

@wimoson said:
    It is recommended to submit your conversation transcript in text, as pictures are difficult to translate!

And? You can do some OCR and there you get text and also translated.

• Its varies server to server

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@taizi said:

@jar said:

according to the thread comment, he seems not getting too much profit from reselling, most of them just sold because of idle.
    if they can give more space to the normal sellers(sell for idle,not sell for profit) it is better, but it is also hard to detect scalper

btw, why these providers don't use WHMCS transfers addon, let users transfer their service themself and charge some money.it is widely used in mjj(also Chinese) providers

Not simple as you said, sometimes we have to deal with disputes from the original customers, it's hard to keep track of the transfers with the addon/module.

@OP: I have answered your ticket already, and I think that we were kind enough to offer you at least 5-6 transfers free of charge already.

We would not count the number of transfers from the post on LET, as it might take more time to verify, not all of our customers came from LET too. In the end, people will still complain about the transfer fees, something like "I did not read the f* long TOS",...

• hchenhchen Member

$10, too expensive

This discussion has been closed.