Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Cleanup Underway - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Cleanup Underway

13»

Comments

• umzakumzak Member

Can a provider who doesn't have technical support become a provider here? because I once bought at one of the providers here, and when I sent a ticket, they said they only answered those related to billing, otherwise the ticket will be closed

• @umzak said:
    Can a provider who doesn't have technical support become a provider here? because I once bought at one of the providers here, and when I sent a ticket, they said they only answered those related to billing, otherwise the ticket will be closed

No, it's typical unmanaged service which is the case at over 50% (if not more) of the providers here.

Thanked by 2angstrom bulbasaur
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited March 2022

@umzak said:

I'm not sure which provider you mean, but in the past, VirMach have offered promotional VPSes without technical support, but they said this when they advertised the offers. (I may be mistaken, but I don't think that VirMach advertise such offers anymore.)

@webcraft said:

@umzak said:

No, it's typical unmanaged service which is the case at over 50% (if not more) of the providers here.

If @umzak simply meant "an unmanaged service", then yes, indeed, nothing exceptional.

I thought that he meant something more specific, like the old promotional VirMach VPSes that were sold "without support" in the past (as I tried to clarify in my comment above).

• umzakumzak Member

@angstrom said:

@umzak said:

I'm not sure which provider you mean, but in the past, VirMach have offered promotional VPSes without technical support, but they said this when they advertised the offers. (I may be mistaken, but I don't think that VirMach advertise such offers anymore.)

Not promotional, it was reguler service $4/month. here is the screenshot :

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2022

@ask_seek_knock said:
    Just shut up. I had been politely and quietly waiting for more than 2 weeks, which was completely ignored.

There is a big difference between a privilege, and a right. I hope not only that you weren't given the account, but were actively blacklisted for being an overly entitled manchild.

You get extra finger wagging for attacking peoples sentence structures, and then posting nearly incoherent drivel. That is all.

Finally, on the subject of childlike bowel movements (as you so eloquently focused your topic on) if you would be so kind as to leave us all your address, I'm sure a few of us would be happy to mail out some thick free brown softly digested "vouchers" to you.

Don't blame people for disappointing you, blame yourself for expecting too much from them
    It hurts when you realize you aren't as important to someone as you thought you were
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
    The true value of a gift is the sentiment behind the gifting
    Selflessness should be the basis of every relationship
    Life isn't always about pleasing yourself, sometimes you have to do things for the sole benefit of another human being
    Never put your time into the hands of the ungrateful
    An ungrateful man is like a hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from

Thanked by 1kheng86
  • @umzak said:

You saved me bro..

Thanked by 1kheng86

@umzak said:

@angstrom said:

@umzak said:

Okay, strange -- I didn't know about this. In fact, I hadn't heard of ExpertVM until now.

• I would challenge them calling themselves Virtual Machine Experts, at the very least :D

• umzakumzak Member

@Dazzle said:

@umzak said:

You saved me bro..

You're welcome..

• I think, for future readers, it should at least be documented on here by someone that the reason for this cleanup was for the owners of LET to find a reason to begin charging hosts $200/year to post threads on here.

Just so people who one day wander in this thread understand the real reason this happened :)