Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Cleanup Underway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Cleanup Underway

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
edited February 2022 in General

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick FYI that over the past week and upcoming few days we are reviewing all existing users with Provider Tags. This effort is intended to remove old and stale accounts held by users associated with company's that no longer appear operational.

There is a chance that we may remove a Tag which should not be removed.

If this is the case please contact us via the helpdesk -> https://support.lowendtalk.com/

Thanks everyone! :)

Comments

• :# and be ready for the next summer

• Outdated accounts should be trimmed, of course.
    Yet I request more urgency on quality assurance of active providers.
    Obsolete providers don't hurt, if any, but low standard ones undermine LET's fame and authority.

Yeah, I mean boomer.host is of poor quality. @ezeth

• congrats @jbiloh :D

Thanked by 2kheng86 codelock
  • revoke viridweb's provider tag XD

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@ask_seek_knock said:
    Outdated accounts should be trimmed, of course.
    Obsolete providers don't hurt, if any, but low standard ones undermine LET's fame and authority.

I mean, sure, but at least boomer.host has a semi-functional service. For under $4/yr, I'm not sure what you're really expecting. All members of LET should anyways be doing their due diligence before ordering from a host :)

As long as they aren't doing anything illegal or scamming anyone, imo their provider tag should stay.

• Boomer is serving a very underserved market. Now, if you expect 100% uptime and SLA from boomie - then best of luck to you and your expectations. But if you need a dev instance to test stuff on, or do your personal things on it - nothing competes with boomer.
    As @Advin said above - one needs to have realistic expectations when paying $5/yr

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Low-end budget.

High-end expectations.

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Boomer is serving a very underserved market. Now, if you expect 100% uptime and SLA from boomie - then best of luck to you and your expectations. But if you need a dev instance to test stuff on, or do your personal things on it - nothing competes with boomer.
    As @Advin said above - one needs to have realistic expectations when paying $5/yr

But honest customers lose millions.

• @default said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Boomer is serving a very underserved market. Now, if you expect 100% uptime and SLA from boomie - then best of luck to you and your expectations. But if you need a dev instance to test stuff on, or do your personal things on it - nothing competes with boomer.

But honest customers lose millions.

Billions, sir. Billions.

Millions is so 2021 😆

• Yeah, I mean boomer.host is of poor quality.

Boomer quality is just fine. For the price we pay, it’s more than fine. It is the unrealistic expectations of buyers that makes it poor quality.

• edited February 2022

@Advin
    Your reasoning is perfect: nobody, in terms of sustainability, deserves more than what he pays for; otherwise the service providers go bankrupt.
    Nevertheless, it doesn't apply to e2eth:
    1. First and foremost,

@Advin said: I'm not sure what you're really expecting.

I'm looking forward to my prize, so are these people.
    @DeadlyChemist @crabbit @corbpie @niknar1900 @tuc @zeli @ask_seek_knock @dosai @rm_ @yoursunny @natural @nvme @digitalwicked @DogbertPrime @drunkendog @LES @bruh21 @bsh @suut @gowrann

Most, if not all, of us haven't been contacted for over half a month.
    I mean how long would it take to drop a message like:
    "Sorry being late, I've been engaged in repairing the servers, and congratulations all people. Your prizes shall be delivered by the end of next month, thank for your patience. Have a nice day... blah blah"

No, nothing whatsoever while he is active in other threads, needless to say the prizes per se.
    We are expecting the prize, or at the very least, a notification from @ezeth . e2eth utilised the LET forum to promote his business but were unwilling to keep his words.
    Living up one's own words are far more significant than the prizes. I'm disappointed and that's why I would recommend avoiding it.

1. I hate to repeat myself, but just look at what ezeth did.
      Invasion of privacy (planning to require phone number for register)
      Contempt for low-end products (e2eth's support and attitude are as good as nothing, when compared with @Cam 's)
      Technical incompetence, and language illiteracy.

2. Too long, maybe write later.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@ask_seek_knock said: I mean how long would it take to drop a message like:

I think the time could be spent better. Anyways I've already sent out all 50 VM credit vouchers, and the 10 100USD credit vouchers. The only thing remaining is the 20 shared hosting credit vouchers.

I've told people in the comments, on my profile, https://lowendtalk.com/profile/ezeth, and in discord that the shared hosting vouchers will take a little longer. You nagging about it won't make it happen any sooner

• edited February 2022
    1. On Feb 2

@mrTom said: In his offer thread he says he will send coupons this week.

That's why I felt being cheated, your "this week" has been dynamically prolonged at least twice.

2. I hate to point out errors in English, because I'm a non-English native speaker and short of practicing English.
      But your English shows no respect for others, I mean any spell checker or grammar prompter will correct these:

@ezeth said: You nagging about it won't make it happen any sooner

"You nagging"?
    And "nagging" has an implication of unwilling, as a reference from Collins:

If someone nags you, they keep asking you to do something you have not done yet or do not want to do.

So that's your polite way of expressing that you "do not want to" fulfill the promise?

@ezeth said: The only thing remaining is the 20 shared hosting credit vouchers.

Have you any idea of "Subject-Verb Concord"?

@ezeth said: I've told people in the comments, on my profile,

Am I the only one who thinks of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy":

The plans (of demolishing the Earth) have been on display at your local planning office in Alpha Centauri for 50 Earth years. If you can't be bothered with local affairs, that's your lookout.

• @ask_seek_knock said:
    1. On Feb 2

@mrTom said: In his offer thread he says he will send coupons this week.

That's why I felt being cheated, your "this week" has been dynamically prolonged at least twice.

1. I hate to point out errors in English, because I'm a non-English native speaker and short of practicing English.
      But your English shows no respect for others, I mean any spell checker or grammar prompter will correct these:

@ezeth said: You nagging about it won't make it happen any sooner

"You nagging"?
    And "nagging" has an implication of unwilling, as a reference from Collins:

If someone nags you, they keep asking you to do something you have not done yet or do not want to do.

So that's your polite way of expressing that you "do not want to" fulfill the promise?

@ezeth said: The only thing remaining is the 20 shared hosting credit vouchers.

Have you any idea of "Subject-Verb Concord"?

@ezeth said: I've told people in the comments, on my profile,

Am I the only one who thinks of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy":

The plans (of demolishing the Earth) have been on display at your local planning office in Alpha Centauri for 50 Earth years. If you can't be bothered with local affairs, that's your lookout.

Really? All that bitching (yes, I mean bitching, not nagging) and moaning, and expressing your outmost dislike towards the host, yet you still feel like you are owed a free account on there? Lmao. If you were told to wait - then wait. If you can't wait that long to get your FREE service - then go buy one elsewhere and move on with your life.

• edited February 2022

@NobodyInteresting said: yet you still feel like you are owed a free account on there?

1. Several people, including but not limited to Astro,DeadlyChemist, and me have declared disposing of the shoddy accounts, wishing ourselves awards from other providers next time.

1. I don't care if e2eth will eat his words (break the promise), since it doesn't hurt me either way. I'm preventing more people being cheated by him or insulted by you, @NobodyInteresting It's never about postponement, but it's irresponsibility and scorn that turn people to other providers.

2. Reviling others with abusive language only lowers your status, and that's why people in free countries dislike wolf-warrior diplomacy. Your bad-mouthing didn't annoy me in the slightest, actually your illiteracy amused me, and humiliated your states and your CCP.

3. @NobodyInteresting said: If you were told to wait

The actual usage should be

If you had been told to wait...

Nobody (of the above 20 people) was told anything, which is why I kept warning people not to choose boomer.host for its irresponsibility and arrogance.

Last, slander has no effects on sufferers, but make them blessed. I don't care if you denigrate more. Oh, thanks for entertaining me with your intentional inferior language.

• lol

• zhizhi Member
    edited February 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

If you need cheap vps. RackNerd, VirMach, WebHorizon, HostCram, cloudcone, WebHosting24, etc. are your better choices.

We should add him to the summer toys tag and not allow him into next LET Top Provider Polls.
    LET needs reputation, not Children's toys.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited February 2022

@ask_seek_knock said:
    Outdated accounts should be trimmed, of course.

They don't even have a runnable ticket system, which means they do not have and will not give you any kind of 'service' unless their server down. So what kind of service are you expecting for under this price?

• @zhi said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

If you need cheap vps. RackNerd, VirMach, WebHorizon, HostCram, cloudcone, WebHosting24, etc. are your better choices.

We should add him to the summer toys tag and not allow him into next LET Top Provider Polls.

LET: LOW END TALK
    LET do NEED low price providers and toys.

edited February 2022

I wonder if LET could implement some sort of provider community pat-down where users have a say in whether or not an LET provider gets the tag.

Something like what r/seedboxes does already: https://www.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/mud4ks/potential_new_vendor_listing_feedback_welcome/

Would allow for users to look in-depth into a provider to make sure they're worthy, and there could be a poll for whether or not a provider gets the tag.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Advin said: I wonder if LET could implement some sort of provider community pat-down where users have a say in whether or not an LET provider gets the tag.

That's going to be tough, unfortunately, but I suppose we as a community do have some say whether they get to keep their tags or not - depending on what happens and how things end up :)

@Advin said: Would allow for users to look in-depth into a provider to make sure they're worthy, and there could be a poll for whether or not a provider gets the tag.

Lots of providers here are worthy.

But worthy of what?

• Worthy of providing quality support.
    • Worthy of providing quality services.
    • Worthy of providing both quality support and services.
    • Worthy of providing poor support.
    • Worthy of providing poor services.
    • Worthy of providing both poor support and services.
    • Worthy of providing poor support but quality services.
    • Worthy of being a top provider.
    • Worthy of being a favored provider.
    • Worthy of being a keeper despite of occasional issues.
    • Worthy of deadpooling or being involucrated.
    • Worthy of scamming.
    • Worthy of losing their tag.

And so on.

When the providers get their tags, starts to promote/offer their services and people have a go at them, from there on, it's just a matter of time until we know who is worthy of what.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • Leave the boomer alone

Thanked by 1mrTom
    edited February 2022

@DP said:

@Advin said: I wonder if LET could implement some sort of provider community pat-down where users have a say in whether or not an LET provider gets the tag.

That's going to be tough, unfortunately, but I suppose we as a community do have some say whether they get to keep their tags or not - depending on what happens and how things end up :)

@Advin said: Would allow for users to look in-depth into a provider to make sure they're worthy, and there could be a poll for whether or not a provider gets the tag.

But worthy of what?

• Worthy of scamming.

And so on.

When the providers get their tags, starts to promote/offer their services and people have a go at them, from there on, it's just a matter of time until we know who is worthy of what.

Just my 2 cents.

Not in that way, but more of if the community really wants that provider to enter the LET community and start advertising their offers. For example, if a provider has a notoriously bad reputation elsewhere (i.e. spamming forums with offers, PM advertising, etc), the community may vote against having them as a provider. If a provider is using nulled software or seems very fishy/shady, then the community could also vote against having them. If the provider seems good, pricing seems good, and they have a generally good reputation, then the community could vote to have them as a provider.

I don't think it would be that tough - there could maybe be a dedicated section towards voting if a hosting provider should get a provider tag or not. There are a bunch of people who complain how lenient LET moderators are with accepting provider tag applications. Have you seen how Boomer.host started?

All that's required is valid company documentation, some billing system (i.e. Blesta), and a little bit of activity on LET (15 posts). Anyone can start a host and get a provider tag in just a few weeks.

Here's my proposal

• If you fall within the standard provider tag requirements, you can get a Host Rep tag. You wouldn't be allowed to post offers, but you would be able to act on behalf of your hosting provider.
    • If you want a full on provider tag, then you must send your full details (i.e. TOS, AUP, Privacy Policy, payment methods, description of provider, etc) over to a moderator and they'll create a poll in a dedicated section towards approving providers for LET provider tags. If the majority (at least 50%) says yes, then the provider can have the tag.

This would maybe require a bit more work from the moderators, but I feel like it would help to prevent deadpooling and weird/terrible hosts entering the LET community :)

• So far how many lost their tag?

• @lowendclient said:

@zhi said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

LET: LOW END TALK
    LET do NEED low price providers and toys.

LOW ≠ Children's toys or ''Shift'' :(

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@DP said:

But worthy of what?

• Worthy of scamming.

And so on.

We are worthy of being a summer host.
    Nevertheless, we've survived two summers.

We don't have a ticket system, but we have telephone support: +46 766-86-84-36 .

Best regards, yoursunny summer host Inc

• @Advin said: I wonder if LET could implement some sort of provider community pat-down where users have a say in whether or not an LET provider gets the tag.

@DP said:

I agree with @DP it would be tough. Especially for brand new providers that might not yet have an established reputation for the community to "vet".

@Advin said:
    If a provider is using nulled software or seems very fishy/shady, then the community could also vote against having them.

That's one of the few things I don't worry about here :D
    You won't have time to call a vote. The LET community are absolute professionals when it comes to who is using a nulled install, who is just a basic reseller/summer host, dissecting TOS' and AUP's, finding typos/mistakes, etc...

• LOW ≠ Children's toys or ''Shift'' :(

How do you define 'toy'? Because of OpenVZ and low price?
    I'm using their $4.95 VPS as my API backend covered with Cloudflare, it works well.

• If i'm not wrong, previously there was a 'provider registry' with a complete public list from the 'legitim' providers who have a right to sell on LET. Contained the seller's services and 'locations'. It was a good solution, I think. I can understood it probably not easy to 'maintain', but maybe later easier to filter the closed, inactive etc providers. And.. if someone search directly a "location", or a services can choose easier a provider.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Boogeyman said:
    So far how many lost their tag?

So far about 170 tags have been removed.

Thanked by 3jsg niknar1900 Ganonk