Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello and Help Request from New Low End Box Content Creator @Not_Oles
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hello and Help Request from New Low End Box Content Creator @Not_Oles

Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Good evening Everyone!

I'm Tom a/k/a @Not_Oles. Maybe you saw @raindog308's Introduction of Me and Myself :) over at Low End Box?

May I please now also say Hello to all of you here? It's great that we have here many opportunities for new friendships! :)

May I please additionally offer a double "Hello, hello!" to my friends here who know me already? It's great that we now will see each other more frequently since I'm here too! :)

To get started, I need, please, to ask for help:

• What topics would you like to see on Low End Box?

• Who are interesting folks that you would like Low End Box to interview?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes and kindest regards from the Sonoran Desert! ☀️

Tom

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello and welcome!

Interview @jar @NDTN . Pretty sure I would be interested in more as I purchase more services from other providers.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles NDTN
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hi @risharde!

Thanks for your hello and welcome! :)

There already is a Low End Box interview from june, 2020 with @jar. Since the interview is pretty recent, maybe it's still current. On the other hand, there's a good chance @jar might have news and updates that he wants to share. Also, you guys might have questions you want to ask. So, let's keep the possibility of an updated @jar interview on the table if you guys post here some new questions especially for @jar.

I didn't find a previous interview with @NDTN. So, if he's willing, probably we can do it! Could you guys please post here some questions especially for @NDTN?

Thanks @risharde!

Tom

Hi to @Logano and @fbmy! :)

Any more topic suggestions?

Any more interview suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Tom

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Welcome Mr.

I am not active in the scene anymore but I wish you the best on your future endeavors at LEB. May be an interview with @Francisco and learning his latest evil plans might be worth a read.

Thanked by 3Logano Not_Oles sgno1
  • What about LXC and Slakware? I follow you on LES and I totally liked what you do.
    Keep up the good work! I hope my salute from Romania to Mexico/NYC will arrive 😁

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Since you already have a OVH Proxmox LXC guide on LES, maybe a Proxmox 7 OVH KVM guide?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • I like reviews you make, very interesting. how about you review ApisCP and interview @nem ?
    I've never seen it on LEB

Thanked by 2kaz050457 Not_Oles

@DreamCaster said: May be an interview with @Francisco and learning his latest evil plans

Hi @DreamCaster!

Sounds good to me if @Francisco is interested. I also thought it might be fun to interview Karen. Again, if she's interested. :)

@hostfactor said:
    What about LXC and Slakware? I follow you on LES and I totally liked what you do.
    Keep up the good work! I hope my salute from Romania to Mexico/NYC will arrive 😁

Hi @hostfactor!

Yeah, for sure. I haven't yet tried LXC on Slackware, but I suppose it works great because it's part of the core Slackware distribution.

Thanks for your kind words and for the salute from Romania! Means a lot to me!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Not_Oles said: Sounds good to me if @Francisco is interested

Sorry, the only one that might ever get a write up with me would be @raindog308.

There'll be an entire section about how magical friendship can be.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Not_Oles MohamadSY
    edited February 2022

@vovler said:
    Since you already have a OVH Proxmox LXC guide on LES, maybe a Proxmox 7 OVH KVM guide?

Bonjour @vovler! Thanks for the ideas! Presently I no longer rent servers from OVH. I bought my own server and switched to colocation with @Ian_Dot_Tech. We could put the Proxmox into a VM on my server, or, who knows, maybe OVH might lend a server to use for the tutorial? @ninzo59

Merci !

Thanked by 1Ian_Dot_Tech
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Can you interview the Nigh Sect?
    It's part of the $7 subculture.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles lanefu

@fbmy said:
    I like reviews you make, very interesting. how about you review ApisCP and interview @nem ?
    I've never seen it on LEB

Hey Hello @fbmy!

Sounds good! I found only one mention of ApisCP on Low End Box, in the recent BoomerHost thread. There is an ApisCP tag on Low End Box now, though, so here's a link to the mention via the tag: https://lowendbox.com/tag/apiscp/ .

I also found a couple of links to ApisCP posts here on Low End Talk: one and two.

If @nem is interested, I am all for it!

¡Saludos!

Thanked by 1fbmy

@Francisco said:

@Not_Oles said: Sounds good to me if @Francisco is interested

Sorry, the only one that might ever get a write up with me would be @raindog308.

There'll be an entire section about how magical friendship can be.

Francisco

@raindog308 Looking for the magic! :)

Thanks @Francisco!

@yoursunny said:

Hi @yoursunny!

Are you a Nigh Sect member? :)

If yes, would you please consent to an interview?

Best wishes and kindest regards!

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited February 2022

@Not_Oles said:

@yoursunny said:

Hi @yoursunny!

On a more serious note, we can actually interview both @deank and @yoursunny specifically for his work around NDN and what implications it carries for the future of the internet.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Not_Oles said:

@yoursunny said:

Hi @yoursunny!

To spot a Nigh Sect member, look for this profile picture:

Nigh Sect logo

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
    edited February 2022

@stevewatson301 said: we can actually interview both @deank and @yoursunny specifically for his work around NDN and what implications it carries for the future of the internet.

Hi there @stevewatson301! Thank you! I'd be delighted!

@deank @yoursunny Is it too crazy to imagine each of you guys doing an interview?

@stevewatson301 You said "we." I liked that! :) I also see that you fly the Nigh Sect flag, and you seem like you are knowledgeable about NDN. Nice! :)

• @stevewatson301 said: it carries for the future of the internet.

Serving push-ups videos to next generations.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Not_Oles said:
    Hi @risharde!

Thanks for your hello and welcome! :)

There already is a Low End Box interview from june, 2020 with @jar. Since the interview is pretty recent, maybe it's still current. On the other hand, there's a good chance @jar might have news and updates that he wants to share. Also, you guys might have questions you want to ask. So, let's keep the possibility of an updated @jar interview on the table if you guys post here some new questions especially for @jar.

I didn't find a previous interview with @NDTN. So, if he's willing, probably we can do it! Could you guys please post here some questions especially for @NDTN?

Thanks @risharde!

Tom

Hi to @Logano and @fbmy! :)

Any more topic suggestions?

Any more interview suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Tom

Happy to do that, I was asked by @raindog308 once but have been too busy during that time (BF/CF/Holiday) so I could not keep up with him.

@NDTN said: Happy to do that, I was asked by @raindog308 once but have been too busy during that time (BF/CF/Holiday) so I could not keep up with him.

Hey @NDTN! Thanks! Looking forward to working with you on your Low End Box Interview! I will be in touch via PM! :)