Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

frantec luxembourg shared hosting and storage slab - any chance? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

frantec luxembourg shared hosting and storage slab - any chance?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hyperblast said: i have 15 domains, which is certainly significantly too few to be included in the program, isn't it?

I have no idea what the cut off will be.

i assume that whois protection is offered?

Yes, when applicable.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @Francisco said:

@Saahib said:
    It means people like few with hundred but less than 1000 domains can not do ?

I don't know what the cut off will be. I'm just saying someone that has a handful of domains wouldn't be on the short list for this.

Francisco

.ca, .com, .net 10 of each. Will it do?)

@mikei said: .ca, .com, .net 10 of each. Will it do?)

...I have no idea, I haven't thought about it much. We have a lot more things to sort out before we get to that point.

Francisco

Thanked by 2mikei MannDude
  • @JabJab said:

Anyway if you figure out how the hell transfer works I can give you mine 256GB SLAB in

i'll check it.

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited January 2022

@Francisco said:

@Saahib said:
    It means people like few with hundred but less than 1000 domains can not do ?

I don't know what the cut off will be. I'm just saying someone that has a handful of domains wouldn't be on the short list for this.

Francisco

Interested as well, any form or mean to sign up for 'shortlist'? Or do let us know here when it's time :)

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco
    See, you are fav at LET and why to use service from other domain providers when we can use yours. Whenever you start, start with WHMCS, Blesta and Hostbill plugins.

You already have friends here, and with those plugins in bucket, you will have bulk of users in no time.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco said: Jarland has shown interest in reselling Namecrane for Mxroute customers, as well as Incognet wanting to do the same too.

You know it mang. NameCrane to the moon, baby. 🚀🚀🚀

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @JabJab said:

Anyway if you figure out how the hell transfer works I can give you mine 256GB SLAB in Lux, I've moved my ISOs to PulsedMedia.

@JabJab
    here is what i found out:

Service Transfer
    6,2,1 - An existing service may be transferred to another client provided the following conditions are met:
    The service to be transferred must be active for at least three months.
    The service to be transferred must not have any unpaid or overdue invoices.
    The service to be transferred must not have any TOS/AUP Violations on record.
    The account initiating the transfer must be Active with at least three months of continuous service history.
    The account initiating the transfer must be in Good Standing, with no TOS/AUP Violations.
    The account receiving the transfer must confirm acceptance of the transfer.
    The account receiving the transfer must be Active with at least three months of continuous service history.
    The account receiving the transfer must not have any unpaid or overdue invoices.
    The account receiving the transfer must not have any TOS/AUP Violations on record.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2022

Hey @hyperblast that is good, but that does not look like the whole procedure. Anyway my account and that SLAB service will pass all those checks.

You need to get all those details - I guess I open ticket and mention you in that? Is there some fee (if yes, who pays it), etc. I just need clear instructions what to do and I am too lazy to search theirs wiki/TOS/Discord/IRC/Matrix about that :P

• @JabJab i check the fee question.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@hyperblast @JabJab

Those instructions are it. The one who has the service now opens a ticket asking to transfer it to the other account. Karen will advise you to have the receiving account holder open a ticket to Billing to confirm receiving the services and then it will be done after that ticket is open.

It was pain free.

It was also fee free.

Thanked by 2skorous hyperblast
  • @JabJab said:
    Hey @hyperblast that is good, but that does not look like the whole procedure. Anyway my account and that SLAB service will pass all those checks.

You need to get all those details - I guess I open ticket and mention you in that? Is there some fee (if yes, who pays it), etc. I just need clear instructions what to do and I am too lazy to search theirs wiki/TOS/Discord/IRC/Matrix about that :P

If hyperblast doesn't take it, I will! Let me know.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2022

So, was anyone service in Luxemburg migrate/moved floors?

It's almost end of Tuesday in Europe (so this should be Block Storage moved) and everything is still online now...

@alento thanks for info, I assume I need hyperblast e-mail or I just open ticket "Please migrate my service #NUMBERS to the other guy that will open ticket that he wants it?"? :D There should be some docs on this, boilerplate or something (-:

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3

@JabJab said:
    So, was anyone service in Luxemburg migrate/moved floors?

It's almost end of Tuesday in Europe (so this should be Block Storage moved) and everything is still online now...

@alento thanks for info, I assume I need hyperblast e-mail or I just open ticket "Please migrate my service #NUMBERS to the other guy that will open ticket that he wants it?"? :D There should be some docs on this, boilerplate or something (-:

Due to new restrictions imposed by Luxconnect we've not been able to get concrete times to do things. They've restricted how many people each vendor is allowed to have on site so Root hasn't been able to dedicate 2 people like we originally planned.

The 1st batch of nodes were supposed to move at 10AM, but didn't move until 3PM - 4PM, meaning we only got a dozen or so nodes moved. This morning around 2AM PST I worked with the DC to catch up on that, but its pushed the Block storage & shared movements until tomorrow morning (~9 hours from now).

Still, we're making good progress.

Francisco

• matijamatija Member
    edited January 2022

Starting Monday your services in Luxembourg will be powered down to be moved to another floor. The technicians assisting with this move are confident that each server will be down for around 15 minutes, but we are buffering upwards of 45 minutes.

15-45 minutes is now 2 days (and counting). Seems like something went wrong :(

• @matija said:

Starting Monday your services in Luxembourg will be powered down to be moved to another floor. The technicians assisting with this move are confident that each server will be down for around 15 minutes, but we are buffering upwards of 45 minutes.

15-45 minutes is now 2 days (and counting). Seems like something went wrong :(

I have two hours+ downtime now. So it is not according to plan...

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @matija said: Seems like something went wrong

my server is down for more than 2 hours :/

Thanked by 1postcd
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2022

@Francisco said: Still, we're making good progress.

Yup, "Event timestamp: 2022-01-19 08:33:54 UTC+0".

Houston, we've had a problem here

:|

@matija said: 15-45 minutes is now 2 days (and counting). Seems like something went wrong

No, just the move had to be split apart due to delays.

The move was always planned to be done over 2 days, but what happened is Day 1 ended up starting at 3PM, not 10AM, so we only got a very small amount moved. That means that Day 2 was made up of catching up on Day 1's stuff.

Slabs/Shared slipped to this morning which they're actively working through :)

LuxConnect put some new COVID restrictions on the building so its cut down on how many workers are allowed there, so they've not been able to work on it as quickly as was originally planned.

Priority #1 is getting shared online, and then the last of the slices and slabs will come up shortly after.

Francisco

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @matija said: 15-45 minutes is now 2 days (and counting). Seems like something went wrong

If your server is offline for 2 days then make sure you paid on time? :P There doesn't seem to be 2 days offline, just "for the move part". Until of course you shutdown your server manually before move and now waiting for move to end to power it up (so with delays and no info) it could be two days... but then how would you know when move ended to power it up?

Anyway if your server is offline for 2 days already (and it's not your choice) then message support, I guess it shouldn't be like that :)

• @Francisco It not quite normal to promise downtime for 15-45 minutes but in fact it has been down for almost 5 hours.

Thanked by 1VayVayKa
    edited January 2022

@snevsky said: @Francisco It not quite normal to promise downtime for 15-45 minutes but in fact it has been down for almost 5 hours.

Sorry.

I can only go by what the DC tells me it'll take. I'm not physically in LUX to handle this, otherwise I would've had better estimates.

The DC originally told us 15 minutes per node, I 3x that to buffer. I've done full rack moves inside a facility before and it's basically 5 - 10 minutes per node, mostly reliant on if rails are preinstalled.

Francisco

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @Francisco said:

've done full rack moves inside a facility before and it's basically 5 - 10 minutes per node, mostly reliant on if rails are preinstalled.

Agreed, shouldn't take much longer than 10 minutes to move a server. But I don't think its helping that its only one person handling this and that the servers are being moved in batches but the long term benefits outweigh a single downtime event

• My Slice in Lux n Reseller Hosting now down for 6 hours and counting :(

• Seems like government/FBI is taking longer to clone drives than expected in first place!
    /s but maybe?

• @Ndha said:
    My Slice in Lux n Reseller Hosting now down for 6 hours and counting :(

Now, Lux Reseller Hosting already online :wink:

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I'm a little confused. Is NameCrane only for domains, or will it also be like buyshared which I'd love to get?

• @Ndha said:

@Ndha said:
    My Slice in Lux n Reseller Hosting now down for 6 hours and counting :(

Now, Lux Reseller Hosting already online :wink:

Not here, down since 6 hours

@Arkas said: I'm a little confused. Is NameCrane only for domains, or will it also be like buyshared which I'd love to get?

Namecrane will take over Buyshared customers.

@fburger said: Not here, down since 6 hours

Working on DA nodes, but 2 of the cPanel's are good to go.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Ndha Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Francisco said: Namecrane will take over Buyshared customers.

How about new customers?
    Thanks.