Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

frantec luxembourg shared hosting and storage slab - any chance?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

frantec luxembourg shared hosting and storage slab - any chance?

hyperblasthyperblast Member
edited January 2022 in Requests

is there a real chance to acquire a buyshared shared 20g luxembourg and a lu block storage slab - 256gb? if so, how?

@Francisco

Comments

• Use - https://buyvmstock.com/
    Also, keep an eye on 1st and 7th every month, that is when theg stock available due to cancellation and suspended services.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited January 2022

i know buyvmstock. always to late ;)

@nvme: 1st and 7th every month for buyvm and buyshared?

• from discord

Hello! Not until the end of january, sorry.
    Please keep in mind that Luxembourg is out of stock until the end of January. We're going to be moving with LuxConnect directly, any spare stock will be used for the migration process.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • [...] on 1st and 7th every month, that is when theg stock available due to cancellation and suspended services.

this applies equally to buyvm (storage slab) and buyshared (20g plan)?

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, applies to Slabs but not sure about buyshared.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • I'm pretty sure @Francisco has said that buyshared isn't selling any new plans for the foreseeable.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • I had the same question about buyshared but fran said that he won't sell shared hosting anymore.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @henix said:
    I had the same question about buyshared but fran said that he won't sell shared hosting anymore.

definitely no more buyshared? :|

Thanked by 1Logano
  • It's supposed to get a name change and revamp.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2022

The new thing is called NameCrane, however not sure about webhosting, that was supposed to be domain registration for start?

@OP Luxemburg gonna have some downtime on Monday (and later again) with a short notice time (and little confusing message tbh.) so I have a feeling this month is your best way to get some services - people gonna rage quit :D

Anyway if you figure out how the hell transfer works I can give you mine 256GB SLAB in Lux, I've moved my ISOs to PulsedMedia.

Downtime message (if you did not visit your e-mail):

Important Server Migration!!! PLEASE READ!!!
    Hello,

*** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL AS IT DOCUMENTS 2 UPCOMING OUTAGES ***

We'd like to start by apologizing for how short notice this move is, but we've only been able to confirm a final time in the past few hours. COVID and all the restrictions has made planning this out quite difficult. This move was supposed to happen back in November but here we are.

Starting Monday your services in Luxembourg will be powered down to be moved to another floor. The technicians assisting with this move are confident that each server will be down for around 15 minutes, but we are buffering upwards of 45 minutes.

Users with Block Storage Slabs attached to their Slices will be moved on Tuesday. Users should expect a 1 - 2 hour outage as the whole cluster must be moved before we can bring users back online.

Shared/reseller hosting users will be moved on Tuesday as well.

An additional outage will happen towards the end of the month when LUXCONNECT "cuts" over our cross connects. When this happens our router will be moved. LUXCONNECT claims the cross connects will take 10 - 15 minutes each, so we expect upwards of an hour for full connectivity to be restored, but we hope to be back online within 15 minutes of them starting.

LUXCONNECT will give us the final cross connect move date, at which point we'll send a follow up email to you.

We thank you for your patronage,

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2022

So recently Fran sent this out:

Hello,

*** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL AS IT DOCUMENTS 2 UPCOMING OUTAGES ***

We'd like to start by apologizing for how short notice this move is, but we've only been able to confirm a final time in the past few hours. COVID and all the restrictions has made planning this out quite difficult. This move was supposed to happen back in November but here we are.

Starting Monday your services in Luxembourg will be powered down to be moved to another floor. The technicians assisting with this move are confident that each server will be down for around 15 minutes, but we are buffering upwards of 45 minutes.

Users with Block Storage Slabs attached to their Slices will be moved on Tuesday. Users should expect a 1 - 2 hour outage as the whole cluster must be moved before we can bring users back online.

Shared/reseller hosting users will be moved on Tuesday as well.

An additional outage will happen towards the end of the month when LUXCONNECT "cuts" over our cross connects. When this happens our router will be moved. LUXCONNECT claims the cross connects will take 10 - 15 minutes each, so we expect upwards of an hour for full connectivity to be restored, but we hope to be back online within 15 minutes of them starting.

LUXCONNECT will give us the final cross connect move date, at which point we'll send a follow up email to you.

We thank you for your patronage,

And maybe on the new floor, they will have more space for servers, so fingers crossed.

• Fran already said he will deploy a new cluster in LU, but there is no schedule yet. Around 130TB worth of storage.

• @JabJab said:
    @OP Luxemburg gonna have some downtime on Monday (and later again) with a short notice time (and little confusing message tbh.) so I have a feeling this month is your best way to get some services - people gonna rage quit :disappointed:

got this message too. some downtime is not a problem for me.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JabJab said: The new thing is called NameCrane, however not sure about webhosting, that was supposed to be domain registration for start?

Correct, we felt shared/resellers went well with a domain registrar so buyshared users will move to that.

Francisco

Thanked by 2hyperblast kkrajk

@Francisco said:

@JabJab said: The new thing is called NameCrane, however not sure about webhosting, that was supposed to be domain registration for start?

Correct, we felt shared/resellers went well with a domain registrar so buyshared users will move to that.

Francisco

Reselling or ICANN accredited?

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

But will there be sharedhosting under NameCrane then? For example like the shared 20g Luxembourg offer?

@hyperblast said: But will there be sharedhosting under NameCrane then? For example like the shared 20g Luxembourg offer?

Or something similar, yes. It'll have both shared and resellers.

@skorupion said: Reselling or ICANN accredited?

Fully accredited.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@hyperblast said: But will there be sharedhosting under NameCrane then? For example like the shared 20g Luxembourg offer?

Or something similar, yes. It'll have both shared and resellers.

@skorupion said: Reselling or ICANN accredited?

Fully accredited.

Francisco

HOLY SHIT, ur gon have a domain reselling program aswell?

@skorupion said: HOLY SHIT, ur gon have a domain reselling program aswell?

Yep, we'll also have a select few "founder" memberships where people get domains at cost to help spread the gospel of the crane.

Past that we'll have a WHMCS & Blesta module, things like that.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@skorupion said: HOLY SHIT, ur gon have a domain reselling program aswell?

Yep, we'll also have a select few "founder" memberships where people get domains at cost to help spread the gospel of the crane.

Past that we'll have a WHMCS & Blesta module, things like that.

Francisco

HOLY SHIT SIGN ME UP BABYYYYYY!!!!

• To move servers to another floor including power down and back up, must just be disconnecting power and Internet to the rack and just wheeling the whole thing and simple three-four cable reconnect. No individual servers being unracked and reracked.

@TimboJones said:
    To move servers to another floor including power down and back up, must just be disconnecting power and Internet to the rack and just wheeling the whole thing and simple three-four cable reconnect. No individual servers being unracked and reracked.

some racks are custom made bolted to the floor... like most in data centers

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said: Fully accredited.

Exciting news! Gonna definitely give it a try when it's out! Good luck on a new venture!

@TimboJones said:
    To move servers to another floor including power down and back up, must just be disconnecting power and Internet to the rack and just wheeling the whole thing and simple three-four cable reconnect. No individual servers being unracked and reracked.

I'd like that, but it's different sized racks all together, so that won't be happening.

It's going from 42U->47U and things like that.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

I'd like that, but it's different sized racks all together, so that won't be happening.

Nor is 15 minutes downtime. It would actually concern me how they lowballed that number instead of adding buffer or even being realistic.

@TimboJones said: Nor is 15 minutes downtime. It would actually concern me how they lowballed that number instead of adding buffer or even being realistic.

The DC has done this move multiple times so they're confident in that number. I padded it in the email just incase :)

Francisco

@skorupion said: HOLY SHIT SIGN ME UP BABYYYYYY!!!!

I should add that it isn't going to be a free-for-all to get on the founders list. The point is to bring in people that are going to move a lot of domains. It isn't for people that'll put 1 - 2 domains and just want a cheap deal.

Ultimately it's quite expensive to get a registrar going and there's almost no margin anyway. Shared/Resellers help with that.

Jarland has shown interest in reselling Namecrane for Mxroute customers, as well as Incognet wanting to do the same too.

Francisco

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2022

It means people like few with hundred but less than 1000 domains can not do ?

@Saahib said:
    It means people like few with hundred but less than 1000 domains can not do ?

I don't know what the cut off will be. I'm just saying someone that has a handful of domains wouldn't be on the short list for this.

Francisco

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited January 2022

interesting news.