Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start-2-S-SATA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Start-2-S-SATA

davidavi Member
edited January 2022 in Service Transfers

I have one https://www.scaleway.com/en/dedibox/start/start-2-s-sata/ which I have now no more use. I have this on sale price euro 1.99 monthly. I think I can not transfer server on online.net but can do Outsourcing. I do not want to make money on this so my asking price is euro 1.99 monthly plus any paypal fee.

Server location Datacenter: AMS1

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2021-12-28

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Mon 10 Jan 2022 10:53:51 AM CET

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2350 @ 1.74GHz
CPU cores : 2 @ 1744.991 MHz
AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM : 3.8 GiB
Swap : 256.0 MiB
Disk : 915.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
Read 271.00 KB/s (67) 3.84 MB/s (60)
Write 289.00 KB/s (72) 4.12 MB/s (64)
Total 560.00 KB/s (139) 7.96 MB/s (124)
Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
------ --- ---- ---- ----
Read 16.67 MB/s (32) 19.41 MB/s (18)
Write 18.01 MB/s (35) 21.67 MB/s (21)
Total 34.69 MB/s (67) 41.09 MB/s (39)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
| | |
Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 1.77 Gbits/sec | 2.28 Gbits/sec
Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 1.77 Gbits/sec | 2.31 Gbits/sec
Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 1.71 Gbits/sec | 1.25 Gbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
|
Single Core | 175
Multi Core | 296
Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12089654

Comments

• What kind of outsourcing you mean

• @chocolateshirt said:
    What kind of outsourcing you mean

It's his fancy way of "reselling" the service.

@davi said:
    so my asking price is euro 1.99 monthly plus any paypal fee.

Hence the monthly price.

• if it's available.can i have it?

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@chocolateshirt said:

It is not my way but scaleway way which you are not aware of.
    https://www.scaleway.com/en/docs/dedibox-console/my-account/how-to/outsource-dedibox/

Thanked by 2jmgcaguicla rm_
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited January 2022

@davi said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@chocolateshirt said:

https://www.scaleway.com/en/docs/dedibox-console/my-account/how-to/outsource-dedibox/

But wont you be still responsible for paying for that VPS?
    They wrote that its just technical outsourcing, not billing

"The other Dedibox account holder has access to all the technical details of your Dedibox but will not be able to view your billing information"

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@davi said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Then I don't think this will be allowed because there's no change of ownership but just providing technical and administrative access to it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2022

@davi said: have this on sale price euro 1.99 monthly. I think I can not transfer server on online.net but can do Outsourcing. I do not want to make money on this so my asking price is euro 1.99 monthly plus any paypal fee.

Starting this January the price for this server has been increased from 1.99 to 2.99 EUR/mo.

@DP said: Then I don't think this will be allowed because there's no change of ownership but just providing technical and administrative access to it.

Allowed by whom, Scaleway? Or LET mods?

Scaleway doesn't have a problem with it. LET-wise it is a gray area of "get a provider tag" but ehh, for one 3 EURO server, really.

Thanked by 1davi
  • I also noticed that in latest bill it is now euro 2.99.

Just noticed you have 2.5 Gbit network on yours. Very lucky, both of mine are only 1 Gbit/s.

• @davi said:
    I also noticed that in latest bill it is now euro 2.99.

visiting the current Start-2-S-SATA page (https://www.scaleway.com/en/dedibox/start/start-2-s-sata/) shows me this:

€14.99 ex. VAT/month
    Setup fees: €14.99ex. VAT
    Bandwidth 250 Mbps

Am I looking at the wrong page?

• @DanSummer said:

@davi said:
    I also noticed that in latest bill it is now euro 2.99.

visiting the current Start-2-S-SATA page (https://www.scaleway.com/en/dedibox/start/start-2-s-sata/) shows me this:

€14.99 ex. VAT/month
    Setup fees: €14.99ex. VAT
    Bandwidth 250 Mbps

Am I looking at the wrong page?

"this on sale price"

In terms of bandwidth - . I have their "100Mbps" stardust instance and here's yabs

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 359 Mbits/sec   | 3.98 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 3.77 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 356 Mbits/sec   | 2.07 Gbits/sec

So I think its normal that on Scaleway you get better speeds than advertised.

@AXYZE said: So I think its normal that on Scaleway you get better speeds than advertised.

It is not useful to generalize, as their dedis and VPS are kind of separate, even use two separate control panels. But what I meant is my dedicated servers have 1Gbit NIC and are connected to the switch at 1Gbit, whereas the OP seems to have gotten a variant of their hardware with 2.5 Gbit network.

• @rm_ said:

@AXYZE said: So I think its normal that on Scaleway you get better speeds than advertised.

It is not useful to generalize, as their dedis and VPS are kind of separate, even use two separate control panels. But what I meant is my dedicated servers have 1Gbit NIC and are connected to the switch at 1Gbit, whereas the OP seems to have gotten a variant of their hardware with 2.5 Gbit network.

and you both should have 250Mbps according to product page. You both don't, thats why I told that it seems normal that you get more than what is written, because I have the same thing on several Scaleway VPSes.
    I know that there is different control panel, its just like on Hetzner where Cloud (VPS) and Robot (dedi) is competently different thing. But it seems like Scaleway has faster network in both VPSes and dedis compared to what they should provide.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • Do you still wanna sell it ><

• That HDD speed lol

• Server has been outsourced. Thanks everyone

@davi said:
    Server has been outsourced. Thanks everyone

Outsourcing a dedicated server allows you to assign the technical management of your machines and services to another Scaleway Dedibox account without giving full access to your account.

Outsourced servers can be managed by a third party on your behalf. The other Dedibox account holder has access to all the technical details of your Dedibox but will not be able to view your billing information or to make changes to the services you have in your account.

So whoever you outsourced it to is at risk of losing the service if for some reason you stop paying?

• @DP said:

@davi said:

Outsourcing a dedicated server allows you to assign the technical management of your machines and services to another Scaleway Dedibox account without giving full access to your account.

Outsourced servers can be managed by a third party on your behalf. The other Dedibox account holder has access to all the technical details of your Dedibox but will not be able to view your billing information or to make changes to the services you have in your account.

So whoever you outsourced it to is at risk of losing the service if for some reason you stop paying?

I completely agree with you as this is not one time buyer-seller relationship. Buyer has more risk if he put important data and I forget to pay or do not pay then he will loss his data. And my intension was also not to make money so went with one who knows me personally.

Thanked by 1DP

@davi said:

@DP said:

@davi said:

I completely agree with you as this is not one time buyer-seller relationship. Buyer has more risk if he put important data and I forget to pay or do not pay then he will loss his data. And my intension was also not to make money so went with one who knows me personally.

Gotcha.

If that's the case, then it's alright I suppose.

Thanked by 1Erisa

@DP said: If that's the case, then it's alright I suppose.

The OP is on LET since 2011 and is not new to such outsourcing endeavours:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/70949/online-net-kidechire-for-rent (2015)

Last time it went with no complaints from anyone so I'd say it would have been fine in any case :)

Thanked by 4DP davi Erisa DanSummer
  • pbxpbx Member

@rm_ said: Last time it went with no complaints from anyone

I would assume the problem could come the other way around, as OP probably is legally the person to whom online.net is renting the server: if there is illegal activity on it, he might be considered responsible. Not sure what this "outsourcing" implies on that front, though.

Thanked by 1AXYZE