Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RackNerd KVM VPS Transfer 1vCPU, 512MB, 15G, 1000G Bandwidth, Amsterdam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RackNerd KVM VPS Transfer 1vCPU, 512MB, 15G, 1000G Bandwidth, Amsterdam

edited January 2022 in Service Transfers

Hello,
I'd like to transfer a RackNerd VPS. I'll give out my email and password, so open a ticket for transfer mannually if you prefer, or you could just turn on 2FA for security reasons.

Next due date: Mar 07, 2022
Recurring amount: $8.89 USD annually
Pay to me: $2.5 via paypal

Can't complete GeekBench due to insufficient memory, sorry.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2021-12-03                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri Jan  7 12:42:44 PM CST 2022

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
CPU cores  : 1 @ 2799.998 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 471.1 MiB
Swap       : 199.0 MiB
Disk       : 14.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 54.57 MB/s   (13.6k) | 524.35 MB/s   (8.1k)
Write      | 54.68 MB/s   (13.6k) | 527.11 MB/s   (8.2k)
Total      | 109.25 MB/s  (27.3k) | 1.05 GB/s    (16.4k)
           |                      |                     
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 726.74 MB/s   (1.4k) | 684.50 MB/s    (668)
Write      | 765.35 MB/s   (1.4k) | 730.09 MB/s    (712)
Total      | 1.49 GB/s     (2.9k) | 1.41 GB/s     (1.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                |                           |                 |                
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 633 Mbits/sec   | 716 Mbits/sec  
Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 644 Mbits/sec   | 573 Mbits/sec  
WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 648 Mbits/sec   | 788 Mbits/sec  
WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 237 Mbits/sec   | 263 Mbits/sec  
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 563 Mbits/sec   | 345 Mbits/sec  
Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 524 Mbits/sec   | 222 Mbits/sec  
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 440 Mbits/sec   | 199 Mbits/sec  
Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 467 Mbits/sec   | 117 Mbits/sec  

Comments

• LoganoLogano Member
    edited January 2022

Transfer Policy:
    RackNerd charges a $8.00 USD one-time administrative fee per any service you wish to be transferred to another client account.

Please note that RackNerd staff reserve the right to decline any transfer request.

EDIT after your edit:
    Why would you give out your VPS ID and PW for $2.50? Someone could give you legal trouble and all you would have gotten for it isn't even worth a cup of coffee.

• Logano, thanks for reminding.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • edited January 2022

@Logano said: legal trouble

@Logano You scared me, but I'm wondering what kind of trouble could I trapped in?
    Please point out, thank you, really.

The reason for transfer is simple: I purchased Virmach's VPS which makes this one idle.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • If it is still available. I will buy

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • @ask_seek_knock said:

@Logano You scared me, but I'm wondering what kind of trouble could I trapped in?

The reason for transfer is simple: I purchased Virmach's VPS which makes this one idle.

The point is if someone uses the VPS for illegal activities and your ID is associated with it, whose door will the police knock on?

• @tetech Thanks for explaining. That's reasonable. I didn't expect that, since myself only use the VPS for VPN, P2P, Game Server... and I naively thought that most people do likewise.
    If something nasty happens, I'll have to co-operate with the police.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • bkjbkj Member

If you don't want it just let it expire, it's the best. They charge shitty amount of money for transferring, anyways, it's Racknerd after all, not like you're missing some amazing Hetzner deal or so

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I'll give out my email and password

Forbidden by @FAT32 rules.

Recurring amount: $8.89 USD annually

Not a good deal.
    Same price buys 1GB at VirMach.

• @ask_seek_knock said:
    @tetech Thanks for explaining. That's reasonable. I didn't expect that, since myself only use the VPS for VPN, P2P, Game Server... and I naively thought that most people do likewise.
    If something nasty happens, I'll have to co-operate with the police.

Most likely there would not be a problem, and eventually it would get sorted out. But I think the point of @Logano is a good one, there's the potential for something to go wrong and it is not worth $2.50 in the risk-reward tradeoff.

Thanked by 2JasonM Logano
  • @tetech said:

@ask_seek_knock said:

The point is if someone uses the VPS for illegal activities and your ID is associated with it, whose door will the police knock on?

Unless they register the account like MJJ, use fake identity..

• edited January 2022

@yoursunny said: Forbidden by @FAT32 rules.

Apart from idling the VPS, what else can I do?
    You know the transfer fee is almost the price of the VPS per se.
    If free transfer is allowed, I would just open a ticket instead of giving out account and password. Or if anyone would like to afford the fee, which I doubt, it's OK for me.

@yoursunny said: Same price buys 1GB at VirMach.

Laughing on the floor, geo-location: Amsterdam. @yoursunny please post the link, and I'll consider, you'll be much thanked by LET-ers. After all, what you said is more affordable than many, if not most, offers in Black Friday.

• @chocolateshirt said: MJJ, use fake identity

@chocolateshirt , You made me laugh, literally. I won't deny the existence of your description, but it doesn't apply to me, or even most MJJs:
    1. To sign up for most VPS providers, people only offer email address. I don't think most people will fabricate the email address. Alias address, temporary address, but not a fake one.
    2. How many people would use their real name when purchasing low-end products, like Virmach's? (Initiate an opinion poll if you like) And how many would use un-traceable payments? I guess pseudonym is common, but with real(non-virtual card, non-crypto-currency) or traceable payments, this is especially true for MJJs, most of whom are under digital authoritarian surveillance of CCP.

• edited January 2022

@yoursunny said: Not a good deal. Same price buys 1GB at VirMach.

@yoursunny ,Sorry. Besides geo-location, forgot to mention the support.
    Anyone who've bought from VirMach knows the support is scarce, after all it's KVM lite(which I won't complain).
    If you see my previous post, you will acknowledge how easy it is to mount custom Linux ISO.
    On the other hand, On VirMach's, I had to install Arch Linux in rescue mode via chroot (due to inadequate memory for net-boot, and ticket refusal for manually mount ISO).

It's true when you only compare the price that this is "Not a good deal", but you might compare what you offer with Oracle Always Free. And then speak with confidence.

• @ask_seek_knock said:

@chocolateshirt said: MJJ, use fake identity

@chocolateshirt , You made me laugh, literally. I won't deny the existence of your description, but it doesn't apply to me, or even most MJJs:
    1. To sign up for most VPS providers, people only offer email address. I don't think most people will fabricate the email address. Alias address, temporary address, but not a fake one.
    2. How many people would use their real name when purchasing low-end products, like Virmach's? (Initiate an opinion poll if you like) And how many would use un-traceable payments? I guess pseudonym is common, but with real(non-virtual card, non-crypto-currency) or traceable payments, this is especially true for MJJs, most of whom are under digital authoritarian surveillance of CCP.

i smell alot of fear in this one.

• edited January 2022

@cybertech said: I smell alot of fear in this one.

Go to China and live there for more than 1 year, then you'll feel what real fear is. Their propaganda is totally fake.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @ask_seek_knock
    You can just ask to transfer vps (service) from your account to new user's account with their credintials. Why should you transfer the entire account?? You can keep it for yourself.

• @JasonM said:
    You can just ask to transfer vps (service) from your account to new user's account with their credintials. Why should you transfer the entire account?? You can keep it for yourself.

Of course it's possible to transfer service between accounts, and that's accepted practice.
    However, as Logano mentioned, the transfer fee (USD $8.0) may not be acceptable for many people.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Sorry, transferring the whole account is NOT allowed. User warned.

• @FAT32 said: s NOT a

Oh my. Thanks for teaching me a lesson. How regrettable I am now and I'm sorry, I really am.
    If I had learned this before, I should have followed the best practice.
    Maybe @FAT32 should stick the transfer rules to top.
    @yoursunny , where is the gargain link, btw?

• @ask_seek_knock said: I'd like to transfer a RackNerd VPS. I'll give out my email and password, so open a ticket for transfer mannually if you prefer, or you could just turn on 2FA for security reasons.

In addition to the rules of LET, virtually no provider would allow this.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @ask_seek_knock said:

@FAT32 said: s NOT a

Oh my. Thanks for teaching me a lesson. How regrettable I am now and I'm sorry, I really am.
    If I had learned this before, I should have followed the best practice.
    Maybe @FAT32 should stick the transfer rules to top.
    @yoursunny , where is the gargain link, btw?

The rules thread always pinned, it just you who did not read the rules..

• @chocolateshirt said: always pinned

Oh, it's here.
    I was blind but now I see.
    Thank you for pointing out, and I'm sorry for my bad habit of "Too long, didn't read". Sorry.

• @ask_seek_knock said:

@chocolateshirt said: always pinned

Oh, it's here.
    I was blind but now I see.
    Thank you for pointing out, and I'm sorry for my bad habit of "Too long, didn't read". Sorry.

i smell alot of fear in this one.