Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is cheapest email solution?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is cheapest email solution?

I have custom domain emails at the following.

1 Google - 2 Zoho - 2 Cpanel webmail

I want one service that I can afford $35 a year for, to use all these domains in one place. That is safe and cheap

My main problem is that $35 means I need to cancel my web hosting for email? I don't really want to do that but I will if necessary.

My budget is low, because I have medical condition (I won't go further into that), but that is all I can afford

So what solution can help me?

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

mxroute

Thanked by 1taizi
  • I am not should what you need, but since you talk about mail on LET:

1. shared providers with mailchannels
    2. Mxroute
    3. Mxroute reseller
  • I think Mxroute the only option. I've been googling for hours

I will keep my current method, until Mxroute come out with another discount. Thanks!

• mxroute is premium

• pdd.yandex.ru / biz.mail.ru -> free

Thanked by 2tux TheKiller
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I don't believe no one mentioned MXroute.

Thanked by 2seriesn thagoat
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Yandex.mail is a decent free option,
    Otherwise you can use something like this: https://nexusbytes.com/email-hosting
    It starts at $3 and is mxroute reseller

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited December 2021

If you pay for iCloud any way, with cheapest plan £0.79 / $0.99 a month, you can bind up to 5 domains and 3 aliases each to your iCloud email: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212514

(I know some LET users really do not like Apple, calm down. It's just an option for people who do use it.)

• Mxroute lifetime plan for long term use.

• ChefJoeChefJoe Member
    edited December 2021

For what it's worth, smallweb.net is a nexusbytes reseller too if you're shopping around for service (they offer direct admin, but not the equivalent of cpanel's Track Delivery tool that requires Pro Pack).

I think the $8.97/yr recurring shared hosting (christmas special) from racknerd could also work for you, since it's mailchannels hybrid, has 3 add-on domains plus the main domain, and will have 30 gb of storage and 2.5 or 5TB of transfer a month. RackNerd's shared uses cpanel (with the Track Delivery tool I am comfortable with). Their christmas special that's $16/yr includes up to 10 domains if those cpanel emails are on separate domains.

I can't quite tell if you just have a lot of domains and relatively little email accounts or are asking for a service for hundreds of email users spread across 2 cpanel accounts (which might fit reseller plans or be 2 shared hosting plans).

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @ChefJoe said:
    For what it's worth, smallweb.net is a nexusbytes reseller too if you're shopping around for service.

I think the $8.97/yr recurring shared hosting (christmas special) from racknerd could also work for you, since it's mailchannels hybrid, has 3 add-on domains plus the main domain, and will have 30 gb of storage and more transfer than needed. I can't quite tell if you just have a lot of domains and relatively little email accounts or are asking for a service for hundreds of email users.

Thanks, I am already using racknerd shared hosting for one of my emails. I wasn't really sure about how safe cpanel was for when it comes to webmail. Safety is one of the reasons why I was trying to find other solutions.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2021

Honestly, cheap shared hosting if your needs aren't great. What I do at MXroute I'm quite confident results in the finest solution for consistent outbound delivery, but that hardly matters for someone who barely sends any email. Anyone can receive mail.

Thanked by 3ChefJoe thagoat Ympker
  • I haven't used them myself as I have a grandfathered Postmark account with no monthly charge, but take a look at Mail.baby. $1/mo. + 20 cents per thousand.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

My personal choice is Office 365 for business

• @jar said: Anyone can receive mail.

I've recently been searching for a shared webhosting account for my personal email and have encountered the "too cheap" a few times during my search. Some things you only find out once point your domain at the host and see how they actually handle emails and asks of support.

HyperVMart had their exim configured to ban incoming mails from mailchimp's domains and had configured RBLs that were rejecting newegg promo emails early so, as a user, I couldn't recover the mail. Their support didn't seem to understand the issue (or want to exempt my domain in exim).

Thanked by 1jar
  • @ChefJoe said:
    I think the $8.97/yr recurring shared hosting (christmas special) from racknerd

I love Racknerd for what it is, but I wouldn't put all my email into their shared/reseller as the shared IP can be blacklisted from neighboring dipshits. And due to low prices, Racknerd attracts lots of dipshits. Their hybrid Mailchannels feature is exactly that -- hybrid, so you shouldn't depend on it for all your outbound. I've discussed (briefly) with their support about this, they can't pay for all outbound to be routed through Mailchannels/Mailbaby.

If OP has to go the shared/reseller route for email, I'd recommend Buyshared as he would be given a dedicated IP (if he can find stock, lol).

• Purelymail is an option for $10 per year. But it's a one man show.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited December 2021

Sendy + SES for marketing

Mxroute for personal/business

• @iNanja said: Thanks, I am already using racknerd shared hosting for one of my emails. I wasn't really sure about how safe cpanel was for when it comes to webmail. Safety is one of the reasons why I was trying to find other solutions.

If safety is the main concern and you don't plan to send email, selfhosting would be cheap and secure. With shared hosting, you might get hacked thanks to someone else's wordpress site getting hacked.

With services like mxroute, you would be more secure but what if directadmin has vulnerabilities? But wait, let's take a few steps back. What if the one-liner mail stack solution you chose has vulnerabilities?

Let's get real all of them probably have some vulnerability in some way, shape or form. But hackers tend to go for the masses. That means cpanel first, then directadmin etc.

• iNanjaiNanja Member
    edited December 2021

@Logano said:

@ChefJoe said:
    I think the $8.97/yr recurring shared hosting (christmas special) from racknerd

I love Racknerd for what it is, but I wouldn't put all my email into their shared/reseller as the shared IP can be blacklisted from neighboring dipshits. And due to low prices, Racknerd attracts lots of dipshits. Their hybrid Mailchannels feature is exactly that -- hybrid, so you shouldn't depend on it for all your outbound. I've discussed (briefly) with their support about this, they can't pay for all outbound to be routed through Mailchannels/Mailbaby.

If OP has to go the shared/reseller route for email, I'd recommend Buyshared as he would be given a dedicated IP (if he can find stock, lol).

racknerd said they will do shared hosting dedicated ip for $15/yr, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do mail through cpanel anymore.

I have one main email that I forward my emails too. It was receiving mail from racknerd cpanel just fine for several hours. It stopped receiving them randomly. The domain or ip wasn't blacklisted or anything. Others can still receive my emails just fine, so idk if I want to keep using it.

Thanked by 1Logano

@ChefJoe said: had their exim configured to ban incoming mails from mailchimp's domains and had configured RBLs that were rejecting newegg promo emails early

In all fairness, mailchimp is a huge contributor to spam and newegg doesn't do double opt in for their newsletters which means you can sign up anyone maliciously and they don't care. So really, blocking both of those isn't a stretch, popular as they may be they do end up being the reasons spam filters exist.

• I sympathize with why they might end up in a filter, but it sucks when you want to control your domain's emails, provide the report from cpanel's track delivery area showing these two filters acting while a spam score = 0, and the response 5 days later to "disable SpamAssassin" doesn't really relate to your current settings. My response asking for my domain not to be filtered at exim via skip_rbl_domains is at 11 days waiting for any response. It was a reminder that "you get what you pay for" and sometimes you don't start at the raw, unfiltered feed of emails (and you might be unable to get to it).

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Logano said:

After doing some research, buyshared will be NameCrane? I found that it will be a domain register. Within the coming months.... With their current prices, it feels like I should wait on the domain register to come out. Since every register I know comes with email/hosting capabilities with their domain some come with or can be purchased separate.

Thanked by 1Logano
    edited December 2021

@ChefJoe said:
    I sympathize with why they might end up in a filter, but it sucks when you want to control your domain's emails, provide the report from cpanel's track delivery area showing these two filters acting while a spam score = 0, and the response 5 days later to "disable SpamAssassin" doesn't really relate to your current settings. My response asking for my domain not to be filtered at exim via skip_rbl_domains is at 11 days waiting for any response. It was a reminder that "you get what you pay for" and sometimes you don't start at the raw, unfiltered feed of emails (and you might be unable to get to it).

Yeah I feel you. I always tell people that if they want completely unfiltered they need to run their own server. They tend to think it only impacts themselves and their own choices but it can actually have an impact on a shared server that eventually snowballs into a problem for other users. There are some people who, if they don't filter spam long enough, will become so popular with spammers that their inbound mail will practically function as a DDOS. It's not extremely common but enough that it could easily be one user per shared hosting server.

That plus the time they abandon their unfiltered catchall for a year and you end up with a folder so packed that you can't even ls the directory, threatening inode limits for the partition. Actually saw this a lot at HostGator. A lot not meaning high percentage just enough to keep us busy.

Thanked by 2ChefJoe Ironia
  • Mxroute

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

If your considering cPanel shared as an all-in solution then check us out here I'll bump you up to the CP Basic plan for the same cost as Lite which comes in at $35.50/year if it's suitable.

• @iNanja

What is the issue with Google or Zoho? Are you on legacy Gmail user with custom domains? If so, just add your other domains as aliases.

I don't know how anyone who's used Gmail for some time could go back to shared hosting in terms of spam, searching and reliability.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @TimboJones said:
    @iNanja

What is the issue with Google or Zoho? Are you on legacy Gmail user with custom domains? If so, just add your other domains as aliases.

I don't know how anyone who's used Gmail for some time could go back to shared hosting in terms of spam, searching and reliability.

Thanks, for some reason I was under the impression that when they removed the ability to add secondary/primary domains we lost the ability to add alias's too. Appreciate it, now my problem is solved.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @iNanja said:

@TimboJones said:
    @iNanja

Thanks, for some reason I was under the impression that when they removed the ability to add secondary/primary domains we lost the ability to add alias's too. Appreciate it, now my problem is solved.

Yeah, for single person usage, it'll have minimal limitations as an alias. If they needed unique users, then it wouldn't fly.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

Cheapest solution is to get the cheapest VPS possible, something like $1/mo 1C/1G (even 512 with swap and ZRAM will do), with port 25 open, and then just setup exim and dovecot, spamassassin, fail2ban, etc. etc. etc.

Then even if you don't end up getting a clean ipv4, you can send email through Amazon SES. It's trivial to setup SES as another transport in exim. 1000 email is 10c. That's pretty cheap.

If you do get a clean ipv4, just run exim yourself and make sure provider allows sending mail on whatever bulk volume you require. Don't spam!

Rackspace @dustinc has good deals, and their ip blocks are usually clean and 25 isn't blocked as far as I know.

You just need the cheapest VPS, at least 512 RAM, clean ip4 or unclean ip4 + Amazon SES (1000 mails per 10c) and port 25 open.

Unlimited domains, unlimited emails, unlimited accounts. You just have to manage everything yourself on a much lower level.

So depending on your what deal you find, you could really host unlimited domains/emails/attachments for somewhere less than $8-$10/yr. Maybe even less if you find a good VPS deal. You could even get away with a 256MB RAM server with a large swap file and your cost would go down. Just need to make sure your LET provider has 25 open and allows email. Providers generally disallow it to prevent spam and bad rep on their IP blocks. For legitimate use, they generally allow it.

Thanked by 4Logano titus xetsys pbx