Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is cheapest email solution? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is cheapest email solution?

2»

Comments

• @TimboJones said: I don't know how anyone who's used Gmail for some time could go back to shared hosting in terms of spam

What's the false positive rate of Gmail's spam filters?

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited December 2021

Get a decent VPS, install exim and use either free account Mailgun, Mailbaby, Sendgrid for smtp auth relay.

Cheap as hell.

• Maybe I will not popular with this reply (because today's trend is the "outsourcing"), but..
    +1 for self hosted solutions on reliable VPS's with backups (I know there is need some extra work in the beginning, and after some for the maintenance). But "your data is on your own hands", anytime can check logs, etc which is not available with external mail providers. You can add anytime new domains, aliases, etc without limits. No limit for postbox quotas (only the VM's disk size). If You use or manage a lot of domain, you can setup a pfa (postfixadmin) to manage them easily.

The reliable VM's maybe not cheap, and need some extra work, but the 'limitless' features, and the 'own control' worth it, I think. (it have more "value").

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2021

@ChefJoe said:
    For what it's worth, smallweb.net is a nexusbytes reseller too if you're shopping around for service (they offer direct admin, but not the equivalent of cpanel's Track Delivery tool that requires Pro Pack).

I think the $8.97/yr recurring shared hosting (christmas special) from racknerd could also work for you, since it's mailchannels hybrid, has 3 add-on domains plus the main domain, and will have 30 gb of storage and 2.5 or 5TB of transfer a month. RackNerd's shared uses cpanel (with the Track Delivery tool I am comfortable with). Their christmas special that's $16/yr includes up to 10 domains if those cpanel emails are on separate domains.

I can't quite tell if you just have a lot of domains and relatively little email accounts or are asking for a service for hundreds of email users spread across 2 cpanel accounts (which might fit reseller plans or be 2 shared hosting plans).

What is a 'MailChannels Hybrid' out of curiosity? Makes it sound like it's not MailChannels at all, but an in-house relay which isn't the same thing?

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited December 2021

@speedypage said: What is a 'MailChannels Hybrid' out of curiosity? Makes it sound like it's not MailChannels at all, but an in-house relay which isn't the same thing?

I'm guessing this means they try their own inhouse relay, then if the mail isn't delivered there's a mailchannels fallback.

• I'm feeling a bit guilty about straying off-topic of the OP, but to close the circle on questions re: racknerd mailchannels hybrid it sounds like they're not committing to put 100% of emails through MC but maintain a list of destination domains that will be routed through MC and you can ask support to add domains as needed.

• Keep in mind that mxroute spam filter is like ancient man vs space age if compared to big players. Delivery is not bad.

• @LTniger said: spam filter is like ancient man vs space age if compared to big players. Delivery is not bad.

Sorry, but the only reason we even have to talk about deliverability is because the spam filters of the big players are fundamentally broken.

• @cmeerw said:

@LTniger said: spam filter is like ancient man vs space age if compared to big players. Delivery is not bad.

Sorry, but the only reason we even have to talk about deliverability is because the spam filters of the big players are fundamentally broken.

Nope. Gmail filter is superior.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • whats wrong with Zoho free tier?

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@sundaymouse said:
    If you pay for iCloud any way, with cheapest plan £0.79 / $0.99 a month, you can bind up to 5 domains and 3 aliases each to your iCloud email: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212514

(I know some LET users really do not like Apple, calm down. It's just an option for people who do use it.)

This is actually pretty nice!

• @nocloud said:
    whats wrong with Zoho free tier?

Zoho limit free tier to 50 emails per user per day that you can send. More users = more emails.

• I am using Postale.io and so far it's been 100% reliable. Might not be THE cheapest but it's pretty cheap.

• Well i still doesn't understand why MXroute dropped cpanel in favor of directadmin maybe @jar can light my candle.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I am pretty sure mxroute on a blackfriday deal is the cheapest solution. But I guess other shared hosting accounts are the 2nd runners up and the vps though I leave mailing to providers since mail issues peeve me the most about the internet.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Logano said:

@ChefJoe said:
    I think the $8.97/yr recurring shared hosting (christmas special) from racknerd

I love Racknerd for what it is, but I wouldn't put all my email into their shared/reseller as the shared IP can be blacklisted from neighboring dipshits. And due to low prices, Racknerd attracts lots of dipshits. Their hybrid Mailchannels feature is exactly that -- hybrid, so you shouldn't depend on it for all your outbound. I've discussed (briefly) with their support about this, they can't pay for all outbound to be routed through Mailchannels/Mailbaby.

If OP has to go the shared/reseller route for email, I'd recommend Buyshared as he would be given a dedicated IP (if he can find stock, lol).

They use mailbaby for their outbound so deliverabilitiy is reliable.

• @cmeerw said:

@TimboJones said: I don't know how anyone who's used Gmail for some time could go back to shared hosting in terms of spam

What's the false positive rate of Gmail's spam filters?

I don't keep stats, but my spam box has low single digits and so a valid email does go there but easy to notice. Then click a button to tell Gmail it isn't spam and it doesn't happen again. I've been using catch-alls for two decades and I should have a metric ton of spam. I credit Gmail for that.

Pretty much if an email showed up in spam filter, your mail server is setup wrong, you have sketchy words, or you've previously been reported for spam.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2021

https://my.hostup.org/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=20&promocode=7usdpromo

I also use the same setup for internal mailing, so you know it's worth getting lol

SPF, DMARC, DKIM, relayed via mailchannels

Then I have IMAP/SMTP setup at my Iphone mail, Mac mail. Also have it catch all mails, and send auto message when someone sends to [email protected]

Oh and of course it's safe. It requires communication to be encrypted before any communication happens

It's using ApisCP https://docs.apiscp.com/admin/Smtp/#configuration

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DeviousDev said:
    Well i still doesn't understand why MXroute dropped cpanel in favor of directadmin maybe @jar can light my candle.

Basically cPanel wanted me to bend over and take it without so much as a cigarette afterward. I'll raise prices on my customers over my dead body, I'll do what it takes to keep moving forward ♥️

• @bruh21 said:
    They use mailbaby for their outbound so deliverabilitiy is reliable.

It's a hybrid setup. Only whitelisted destinations get sent through mailbaby. Everything else is sent from the cPanel IP.

• @jar said:

@DeviousDev said:
    Well i still doesn't understand why MXroute dropped cpanel in favor of directadmin maybe @jar can light my candle.

Basically cPanel wanted me to bend over and take it without so much as a cigarette afterward. I'll raise prices on my customers over my dead body, I'll do what it takes to keep moving forward ♥️

Oh I see and this is completely understandable Thanks :smiley:

Thanked by 1jar
  • thagoatthagoat Member
    edited December 2021

I :heart: @jar and MXRoute. You simply can't go wrong there. And he is one hundred percent correct, anyone can receive mail.

In fact, if you just need to receive mail, and don't need a bundled webmail client, have a look at Maddy. I run it on a VPS and use an Android client, desktop mail client, and I installed RainLoop on another machine in case I need a webmail alternative.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I thank everyone for the input!
    I just signed up for oracle free tier.
    If I get accepted....
    I found several guides on how to setup a mail server on their always free plan.
    This is best solution I found for myself.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @iNanja said:
    My budget is low, because I have medical condition (I won't go further into that), but that is all I can afford

So, I hope Yandex mail service or MXRoute is perfect for you. Try one.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@iNanja said:
    I thank everyone for the input!
    If I get accepted....

Ya.. Oracle .. matrix ...

• @iNanja said:
    If I get accepted....

Not the best idea because after you've gone through the free tier limits you will have to either pay up, or move to something more affordable, which means changing the IP. And IP health and history is everything. Reconsider getting another VPS and stick with that if you aren't going to go the MXRoute route. Anyway, best of luck.

• @scooke said:

@iNanja said:

Not the best idea because after you've gone through the free tier limits you will have to either pay up, or move to something more affordable, which means changing the IP. And IP health and history is everything. Reconsider getting another VPS and stick with that if you aren't going to go the MXRoute route. Anyway, best of luck.

The free tier limits are actually quite generous, but can you even set the Reverse DNS record on the IP address?

Thanked by 1scooke
  • @cmeerw said:

The free tier limits are actually quite generous, but can you even set the Reverse DNS >record on the IP address?

After some googling I read that while you have a free trial, you can access tickets. The reverse dns record can be requested with a ticket and it's transfer over to always free. However, once your trial is over you can no longer make tickets.

Just a few months ago though, they started blocking email ports. So I don't think the guides I read to setup mail servers will work.

Thanked by 1scooke