Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Central.so] Holiday Overhaul! Huge Discounts & Tons of Giveaways! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Central.so] Holiday Overhaul! Huge Discounts & Tons of Giveaways!

Comments

• I went ahead and purchased a VPS in France. I opened the ticket for unmetered bandwidth, and here's another drawing entry! ;)

• Exciting discounts and giveaways!

• Merry Christmas

• Merry christmas <3

• Thank you for the Giveaways @aqua !

• The bronze or silver budget KVM deal looks good :)

• Pretty decent deals, I'll add them to my list.

• Woke up to find that my ticket for Unmetered BW was processed, however there seems to be a config issue in the Client Area. I can't connect to VNC, and I've tried repeatedly to reinstall the OS with no success. It gives a success message and even changes the disk usage to match the new OS, but when I try to SSH to it, it appears to still be the old OS, since it's listening on a nonstandard port that I was playing with. :/

• @DogbertPrime said:
    Woke up to find that my ticket for Unmetered BW was processed, however there seems to be a config issue in the Client Area. I can't connect to VNC, and I've tried repeatedly to reinstall the OS with no success. It gives a success message and even changes the disk usage to match the new OS, but when I try to SSH to it, it appears to still be the old OS, since it's listening on a nonstandard port that I was playing with. :/

You too? I originally installed Ubuntu 20.04 but wanted to try Debian 10, but it didn't seem to install.

• @niknar1900 said:

@DogbertPrime said:
    Woke up to find that my ticket for Unmetered BW was processed, however there seems to be a config issue in the Client Area. I can't connect to VNC, and I've tried repeatedly to reinstall the OS with no success. It gives a success message and even changes the disk usage to match the new OS, but when I try to SSH to it, it appears to still be the old OS, since it's listening on a nonstandard port that I was playing with. :/

You too? I originally installed Ubuntu 20.04 but wanted to try Debian 10, but it didn't seem to install.

Yes I've been playing with it for an hour and I can't find any way to trick it into working. Tried shutting down, powering off, rebooting, switching boot ISO, swapping boot order... Guess I'll have to open a ticket to get VNC and reinstall options working.

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • Great offer in the budget deals. What is the validity of giveaway VPS?

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@DogbertPrime said:

Hi, have you notified us in the ticket about the issue?

• DogbertPrimeDogbertPrime Member
    edited December 2021

@aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

I had already opened a ticket about VNC but now I'll open one about not being able to reinstall. ;)

Edit: Your customer service is top notch! So far I'm very pleased.

@DogbertPrime said:

@aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

I had already opened a ticket about VNC but now I'll open one about not being able to reinstall. ;)

Hi, thank you for the kind words. We’ll be working out a fix sometime this week on all issues that have arisen. We did a huge update to our provisioning system and are still finding out about some kinks, extreme apologies about the problems.

• @aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

Hi, thank you for the kind words. We’ll be working out a fix sometime this week on all issues that have arisen. We did a huge update to our provisioning system and are still finding out about some kinks, extreme apologies about the problems.

The tech answering my ticket manually reinstalled the OS, yet it still isn't working. The original OS is still "running" and is receiving the inbound connections. I have a feeling that your Virtualization host is failing to receive updated arguments, and just keeps loading an old disk image. I have used Qemu on my personal computer, and my understanding is that virtualization uses the same technology. So I'm guessing that when I (or your technician) initiate an OS Reinstall, a new qemu disk image is being created, but that image is failing to be attached to the running instance. The running instance at the receiving end of my IP address continues to be the original disk image from initial provisioning, which shouldn't exist anymore. I can tell this because it is listening for SSH on a nonstandard port that I was playing with.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@DogbertPrime This was my same issue i had with them when i had a vps with them. Support said is all working. I would have put more pressure on them but i was cancelling the vps with them. So, IDK I want to say the experience is better.

• have a nice holiday

• Merry Christmas

• Great offer.Just pick one

• please windows support !!!

• Merry christmas <3

• anyone with YABS of Sydney?

• Tryed out a package, reinstall in panel is broken as others are reporting.

edited December 2021

@DogbertPrime said:

@aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

The tech answering my ticket manually reinstalled the OS, yet it still isn't working. The original OS is still "running" and is receiving the inbound connections. I have a feeling that your Virtualization host is failing to receive updated arguments, and just keeps loading an old disk image. I have used Qemu on my personal computer, and my understanding is that virtualization uses the same technology. So I'm guessing that when I (or your technician) initiate an OS Reinstall, a new qemu disk image is being created, but that image is failing to be attached to the running instance. The running instance at the receiving end of my IP address continues to be the original disk image from initial provisioning, which shouldn't exist anymore. I can tell this because it is listening for SSH on a nonstandard port that I was playing with.

@jugganuts said:
    Tryed out a package, reinstall in panel is broken as others are reporting.

Hi, it looks like I've found a fix to our system and it seems to be working. Please let me know if you find any issues with this fix.

• @aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@aqua said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@jugganuts said:
    Tryed out a package, reinstall in panel is broken as others are reporting.

Hi, it looks like I've found a fix to our system and it seems to be working. Please let me know if you find any issues with this fix.

Confirmed! Reinstall and VNC are both fixed. Everything seems to be 100% now.

Thanked by 1aqua
  • @aqua will you eventually be adding Debian 11 as a standard image, instead of an ISO? Thanks.

• Merry Christmas! <3

@niknar1900 said:
    @aqua will you eventually be adding Debian 11 as a standard image, instead of an ISO? Thanks.

Hi, the template should be added. Give it maybe an hour or two to sync to all of our nodes.

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • Do these Budget KVM VPSs support Windows installation?