Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[NL] Black Friday to Cyber Monday deals || Updated NVME & Storage VPS plans || up to 50%+ OFF! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[NL] Black Friday to Cyber Monday deals || Updated NVME & Storage VPS plans || up to 50%+ OFF!

1235»

Comments

• @LTniger said:

@TeoM said:
    @LiteServer Let's assume that a foreign authority, be it Austria or Switzerland or Germany, would like to have the data due to an activity. Do they only give the data to Dutch authorities? Or also to other authorities?

Aren't you a well known cp hoster discussed in this forum? You should be avoided by the providers like plague.

What kind of moron are you ?

You don't joke about something like that, you humorless retard.

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

@ColderCoder said:

@LiteServer said:

@darw said:
    YABS

HDD storage, let it rest for a days until the Black Friday "benchmark" and heavy load is all onver, and you'll see much higher numbers again :smile:
    These nodes have major loads at the moment with all the people running benchmark and push lots of data.

Hope the IO will get better...
    just can't believe it's RAID-10
    more like RAID-1/2 (joking)

We're limiting the smallest plans on 600 IOPS, as these plans are often the ones abusing our nodes with heavy swap usage. For big sequential IO (like downloading/backups) that should be more then plenty, for small IO is might be less optimal. If IOPS is an issue due to very small IOs, just open a ticket and we'll review to change the limit.
    Keep in mind you're sharing HDD performance with other VMs, if everyone would go full throttle on IOPS the node will be sluggish for everyone, and that's something we need to avoid hence the reason for IOPS limits to get everyone fair share access to the HDD RAID-10 arrays :smile:

Thanked by 1cadddr
  • @TeoM said: You don't joke about something like that

But I swear that someone who eagerly was looking "free DMCA" servers was advocating for cp under the "freedom to express" agenda. Hm, I may be wrong. Sorry.

• Thanks for the great deals as always, @LiteServer. I went ahead and bought one.

Are there any plans for block storage in the future? The low IOPS is crippling and makes me wish at least the boot drive is on an SSD... Doesn't seem suitable for my small website + DB, but for storage it's a great server so thank you.

@homeos said:
    Thanks for the great deals as always, @LiteServer. I went ahead and bought one.

Are there any plans for block storage in the future? The low IOPS is crippling and makes me wish at least the boot drive is on an SSD... Doesn't seem suitable for my small website + DB, but for storage it's a great server so thank you.

We have all sort of new features on the roadmap, but no ETA.
    Regarding the performance. Please let us settle for a few days, our nodes have high loads during Black Friday due do all benchmark and data migrations new customers are doing. If you keep having IO issues, please open a ticket so we can look at this in more detail.

• Bought the cheapest one, perfect for one of my minimalist kubernetes master with 2 core, 2GB ram, and 40G disk,

Also, with monthly pricing, it is more healthy for my pocket :)

Thanks @LiteServer

One question, if I change the billing into yearly later, does the 12% discount still applied?

Thanked by 2verd LiteServer
    edited November 2021

@akhfa said:
    One question, if I change the billing into yearly later, does the 12% discount still applied?

Sure! Just drop us a support ticket with the request and we'll change your billing cycle.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • Is the Node server uplink 1Gbps as well? Or 10Gbps perhaps?

Thanked by 1LiteServer

@lowendclient said:
    Is the Node server uplink 1Gbps as well? Or 10Gbps perhaps?

The node is connected redundantly, most nodes have a capacity of multiple Gbps.

• I missed the time, sad, very much hope to buy :s

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • @niu12503 said:
    I missed the time, sad, very much hope to buy :s

Try next year

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • @LiteServer said:

@Andrews said:
    @LiteServer fresh HDD-1G with Debian 11 template should have 9GB used space?

what is it? "maximal" template or Cyberpunk 2077 preinstalled? :D

Thanks for noting this. We'll check this out :smile:

@LiteServer is it fixed? can I reinstall now?

• @verydima said:

@Fritz said:
    @verydima

Can you do a wget test to Hetzer test file?

Is the network that bad? I'm planning to buy one.

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Retr Cwnd
    [ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 83.6 MBytes 701 Mbits/sec 45 1.82 MBytes
    [ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 90.0 MBytes 755 Mbits/sec 0 1.98 MBytes
    [ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 85.0 MBytes 713 Mbits/sec 45 1.48 MBytes
    [ 5] 3.00-4.00 sec 87.5 MBytes 734 Mbits/sec 0 1.57 MBytes
    [ 5] 4.00-5.00 sec 75.0 MBytes 629 Mbits/sec 0 1.64 MBytes
    [ 5] 5.00-6.00 sec 80.0 MBytes 671 Mbits/sec 0 1.69 MBytes
    [ 5] 6.00-7.00 sec 65.0 MBytes 545 Mbits/sec 0 1.72 MBytes
    [ 5] 7.00-8.00 sec 88.8 MBytes 744 Mbits/sec 0 1.74 MBytes
    [ 5] 8.00-9.00 sec 92.5 MBytes 777 Mbits/sec 0 1.75 MBytes
    [ 5] 9.00-10.00 sec 93.8 MBytes 786 Mbits/sec 0 1.75 MBytes

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Retr
    [ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 841 MBytes 706 Mbits/sec 90 sender
    [ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 839 MBytes 704 Mbits/sec receiver

With iperf looks like all super fine.
    Maybe bench.monster/speedtest.sh show incorrect data.

Does anyone knows if speed from Liteserver to Hetzner has become better?

• @Andrews said:

@LiteServer said:

@Andrews said:
    @LiteServer fresh HDD-1G with Debian 11 template should have 9GB used space?

what is it? "maximal" template or Cyberpunk 2077 preinstalled? :D

Thanks for noting this. We'll check this out :smile:

@LiteServer is it fixed? can I reinstall now?

Not yet I think.
    Yesterday I reinstalled my server and still got 9GB used.
    So I decided to use Debian 10 template and upgrade to Debian 11 instead. :|