Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations

Comments

• @jerry_me said:
    Can I get a 32GB RAM Ryzen upgrade even for a 16GB RAM server?

Yes, but have to pay extra bucks

• Invoice #1294814 is not delivered, I've been waiting for about a week, I just need the IPMI information and don't need you to install the OS for me, can you please take care of it?

Of course I will accept a refund if it is out of stock, but please tell me if handle it?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@jerry_me said: I've been waiting for about a week, I just need the IPMI information and don't need you to install the OS for me, can you please take care of it?

This may have unfortunately delayed it in this instance, which is not intended/normally the case. I'll take a look once your ticket appears in the queue and do apologize for the wait.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

do you plan on any flash bf sales with dedis for 27 bucks per year?

@skorupion said:

There won't be any dedicated server flash sales.

We're experimenting with a lower-end Ryzen offer. Just giving you guys some basic information on it but basically something in between the performance of an E3 and currently planned Ryzen.

Maybe something like Ryzen 5 1500X to 2600, for half the upgrade price (+20/MO instead of +40/MO for the other Ryzen or maybe even an option with just 1TB NVMe instead of 2x 1TB for +10/MO instead of the +20/MO. I'll let you guys know more later as we do some more testing but feel free to ask any questions or provide any feedback on this option.

• @VirMach said:
    maybe even an option with just 1TB NVMe instead of 2x 1TB for +10/MO instead of the +20/MO.

Ooo, this is tempting!

• Will the E3-HDL be restocked, or have I missed out?

• @VirMach said:
    We're experimenting with a lower-end Ryzen offer. Just giving you guys some basic information on it but basically something in between the performance of an E3 and currently planned Ryzen.

Maybe something like Ryzen 5 1500X to 2600, for half the upgrade price (+20/MO instead of +40/MO for the other Ryzen or maybe even an option with just 1TB NVMe instead of 2x 1TB for +10/MO instead of the +20/MO. I'll let you guys know more later as we do some more testing but feel free to ask any questions or provide any feedback on this option.

Is there a build for about the similar price but with an integrated graphics CPU? for this lower end ryzen offer

@taizi said:

@VirMach said:

Is there a build for about the similar price but with an integrated graphics CPU? for this lower end ryzen offer

Maybe Ryzen 3200G if they're ever in stock. Then we have 2400G which is slightly better but still lower performance than a 1500X and same prize as a 3600. I think the best option would be a 3400G, if it's ever in stock (probably not.) Then there's 5000G series lover end ones that are supposed to come out and will also not be in stock at MSRP.

So to answer you, probably not.

Thanked by 3jerry_me taizi skorous
  • @VirMach said:

@taizi said:

@VirMach said:

Maybe Ryzen 3200G if they're ever in stock. Then we have 2400G which is slightly better but still lower performance than a 1500X and same prize as a 3600. I think the best option would be a 3400G, if it's ever in stock (probably not.) Then there's 5000G series lover end ones that are supposed to come out and will also not be in stock at MSRP.

Waiting for Ryzen Dedicated Server.

• @VirMach said:

@taizi said:

@VirMach said:

can I change my terms and keep my discount?
    I already got an answer of "no" in tickets, but I want to ask again.
    want to pay as annually, because virmach is amazing. can you give me a chance to do it?
    sad

• @taizi said:
    I already got an answer of "no" in tickets, but I want to ask again.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @VirMach said:

@skorupion said:

There won't be any dedicated server flash sales.

That's bad.

• @VirMach any way to speed up a ticket about broken RAM which has been idling for over 48 hours now? I ordered my server on the 12th, and between delivery, a wrong IPMI login and now the broken RAM have yet to actually use it :neutral:

@Myself5 said:
    @VirMach any way to speed up a ticket about broken RAM which has been idling for over 48 hours now? I ordered my server on the 12th, and between delivery, a wrong IPMI login and now the broken RAM have yet to actually use it :neutral:

Sorry for the wait here. I'm having someone else prioritize taking a look for you. We got a lot of priority tickets over the weekend due to the black friday sale so it must have unfortunately gotten buried.

• @VirMach said:

@Myself5 said:
    @VirMach any way to speed up a ticket about broken RAM which has been idling for over 48 hours now? I ordered my server on the 12th, and between delivery, a wrong IPMI login and now the broken RAM have yet to actually use it :neutral:

Sorry for the wait here. I'm having someone else prioritize taking a look for you. We got a lot of priority tickets over the weekend due to the black friday sale so it must have unfortunately gotten buried.

Thanks. It's Ticket #886243 (also mentioned in #581061). Really hoping we can take care of this soon as, bluntly said, my experience so far was pretty mediocre, which made me sad cause I am really looking forward to getting that Ryzen migration :P

• @VirMach said:

@Myself5 said:

I'm having someone else prioritize taking a look for you.

Soo, that still didn't happen...

I'm really not asking for miracles here, but one should think a ticket labeled "Defective RAM, HW replacement required" would be answered within 5 days.

• any updates about transfers ?

Update, we have built a good amount of these right now. The required adapters for the HDD we were going to try adding didn't make it. We might just consider doing them without the HDDs. We did still add in RAID controllers without BBU and are plugging in the SSDs so people can get higher speeds on them without necessarily having to do RAID.

Early adopters will go in Los Angeles and NYC Metro for now.

@Myself5 said:

@VirMach said:

@Myself5 said:

I'm having someone else prioritize taking a look for you.

Soo, that still didn't happen...

I'm really not asking for miracles here, but one should think a ticket labeled "Defective RAM, HW replacement required" would be answered within 5 days.

Sorry for that situation. I hope it was rectified to your satisfaction.

• @VirMach said:
    Sorry for that situation. I hope it was rectified to your satisfaction.

Eventually it was, yes :)

If I may ask though: I assume migrations will be done in order by when systems had been ordered and once it's my turn I'd get a notification about weather I want the optional Ryzen migration, right?

• @VirMach
    Hello, any news when will be dedicated servers migrated on mentioned/promised config pls?

• @miu said:
    @VirMach
    Hello, any news when will be dedicated servers migrated on mentioned/promised config pls?

I have 3 servers I plan to upgrade to Ryzen, its says by the end of April so there a few months left .. any insight would be great on ETA @VirMach

• miumiu Member
    edited February 2022

Not glad i say this, but all seems and all "progress" in promises suggests that probably u will be ever glad if ever this will happen (and not till end of the April) :-/

• any news for upgrade to Ryzen?

• This migration is expected to happen sometime between 09/30/2021 and 04/30/2022, but is not guaranteed. You can of course decide to discontinue renewal if you wish, before the migration happens (at end of term, as usual.)

• @VirMach any timeline when upgrades can happen?

• taizitaizi Member

rip the server chassis

• Any update on this migration @VirMach ?

I lost the chance to keep all my small vps in NYC Metro. I'm crossing my fingers I don't get screwed with this dedicated server.

• @lowfront said:
    Any update on this migration @VirMach ?

I lost the chance to keep all my small vps in NYC Metro. I'm crossing my fingers I don't get screwed with this dedicated server.

What did you do to lose all your small vps?