Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 78
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• @Golumpa said: This has all been a waste of time, ima just pay a few extra bucks and guarantee something. My time is worth more than this.

It's not about the winning, it's about the taking part.

• @Shakib I call dibs on one of the others!

Thanked by 1ehab
  • total involucration :D

• @Golumpa said:
    This has all been a waste of time, ima just pay a few extra bucks and guarantee something. My time is worth more than this.

that's for sure

• ferefientferefient Member
    edited November 2021

You know, I find this all funny. Why do LET users just gobble up the same crap over and over? It's not fucking professional to be hosting customer data on a free VPS, where the provider might be doing god knows what.

This is even worse because he could easily move it over to his own infrastructure (owns an ASN, etc).

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Nekki said:

@default said:

@Nekki said:

@default said: The most important question: who won? Was it one of the LET-ers or was it MJJ ?

I think we know the answer to the question. In BF's gone by, you'd almost always find out who won the super limited stuff. Not now, because it's some useless cunt who's only posts involve spamming a hash tag.

Wait. You are reading that purple guy's threads? Aren't you using the Greasemonkey script to hide all his posts?

If I don't know what exactly was sort of a shithole LET has become, I can't storm out in disgust in a couple of days' time.

I am at the opposite side. I would rather get my hands dirty, remove the dirt from my screen, and be done with it.

• @ferefient said:
    You know, I find this all funny. Why do LET users just gobble up the same crap over and over? It's not fucking professional to be hosting customer data on a free VPS, where the provider might be doing god knows what.

This is even worse because he could easily move it over to his own infrastructure (owns an ASN, etc).

"but mom t-the LET users and MJJs are gonna DDoS my network and b-bring it down"

Thanked by 1ferefient
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@paroxsitic said:
    I was hoping to find a dedicated with 2TB NVMe for $150/mo or less. Currently using https://lowendbox.com/blog/interserver-offers-ryzen-3600x-dedis-64gb-ram-dual-nvme-drives-in-new-jersey/

Anyone know any?

Hit is up if you don't need more than 1 IPv4. We'll get you hooked up, but it's going to be custom build going to take ~4 weeks or so.

@Nekki said: Case in point, I'm dropping am SYS dedi because a) you get get it much cheaper now and b) one of the disks has multiple errors logged for the last few weeks. I finished migrating data this morning and the disk finally bit it during the re-install, dodged the bullet by hours.

When you see errors you ask for drive replacement. Any sane provider should replace clearly failed drives? .... Oh wait, it is SYS! nevermind ... :)

@Mr_Tom said: both of them reset back to 0 at the same Power on hours

This sucks. Also it seems for HGST drives this is rather trivial to do, we've seen plenty of well used HGST drives with "0 hours". Yea sure.

• the build up, the event and the letdown, i'm glad I was just able to participate

Thanked by 1hannes
  • HOST INVOLUCRATED PLEASE CARRY ON

• @ferefient said:

Hello weasel

• true suicide offer :D

• @Nekki GorillaServers have some big storage stuff at the blue legacy forum. Prices look like what you might want.

• @Shakib said:
    I think one was claimed, 2 more left.

already at the last step, selected the paypal and submit, the server lost response :'(

• Thanked by 1ferefient
  • FritzFritz Veteran
    edited November 2021

@mwt said:

@Fritz said:

@JeDaYoshi said:
    my.hostcram.com is redirecting to www.hostcram.com, hence the 404's.

So the client panel is not even currently accessible outside of the LET DDoS. Nice!

No, I guess the panel is removed now.

Even client area is gone.

yeah, and it's a permanent redirect too...

This doesn't sound right. I smell something bad.

• @Fritz said:

@mwt said:

@Fritz said:

@JeDaYoshi said:
    my.hostcram.com is redirecting to www.hostcram.com, hence the 404's.

So the client panel is not even currently accessible outside of the LET DDoS. Nice!

No, I guess the panel is removed now.

Even client area is gone.

yeah, and it's a permanent redirect too...

This doesn't sound right. I smeel something bad.

I guess if you look at it in a certain way, it's going to break the MJJ's scripts.
    Good luck for those who are still trying to get it.

• @webminfo said:

what the fuck

Thanked by 1toumi111
  • What if it's all a conspiracy, to take control of Black Friday and bring the whole party down on purpose?

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@PulsedMedia said: Also it seems for HGST drives

They're both Seagate Constellations ES.2's. I've heard of people resetting it manually to make drives "appear" new, but the drives did it themselves (or smartctl has fucked up)

• @JeDaYoshi said:

@webminfo said:

what the fuck

Hung up

• i hope once they fix the site they give few more.... i was so close...

• @JeDaYoshi said:

@webminfo said:

what the fuck

I known

• Time For Another Kill Deal

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

26/11 17:30

Limitless Hosting: $6/yr 20GB DirectAdmin Shared Hosting w/ Mailchannels in US/EU/ASIA

Specifications

• 20 GB Disk Space
    • 500 GB Bandwidth
    • Limitless Addon Domain
    • Limitless Sub Domains
    • Limitless MySQL Database
    • Now includes Premium Emails through Mail.baby & MailChannels
    • Quantity: 10
    • Promo code: LvbCPaCs
    • $6/yr

USA

EU

Asia

@Lampard

Thanked by 2user123 PulsedMedia
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@MeAtExampleDotCom said: POH resetting like this is a concern I'd never thought about. I've only heard of it happening intentionally (scruple deficient people hacking old/failing drives to look newer/healthier for resale), not just during normal operation. ~78K hours seems an odd place too, that doesn't seem to be close to a value that would cause wrap-around in a common integer storage unit even accounting for the count actually being internally stored in a finer unit of time.

Same thing here, first i hear around that; But scrupulous resellers sure thing. We've seen some drives where they went the extra mile and had to physically attach a flasher device to reset even the smart log.

Sometimes it's amazing deal to buy 2nd hand drives, but sometimes you get this shit. eBay is the worst, local people essentially never fsck you over because they know what their reputation and the future business you will give them.

@Mr_Tom said: My thoughts exactly. It didn't quite roll over to 0, logwatch reported the change as from just over 78k hours to 320 hours from memory. Initially I thought it was only one drive and Hetzner had changed it for me automatically but then I noticed it was both and serial numbers hadn't changed.

I thought maybe it was a number overflow/etc but it wasn't at a close enough number to seem possible. One of lifes mysteries lol

Interesting logwatch setup you got, care to share the configs you use on another thread? Curious because that might help us in the long term. That being said we do collect the data every few hours via other means too

@Mr_Tom said: They're both Seagate Constellations ES.2's. I've heard of people resetting it manually to make drives "appear" new, but the drives did it themselves (or smartctl has fucked up)

We have not observed this to happen to HGST live, but we've seen plenty of fake 0 hour drives tho.

• @Hxxx said:
    @Nekki GorillaServers have some big storage stuff at the blue legacy forum. Prices look like what you might want.

I don’t know where that is.

• @FAT32 is it possible to not display the Sneak Peek of next day? It's not good to roll over small providers like that. Some people take the offers from LET and distribute them on other websites or boards.

This discussion has been closed.