Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Look for HE FMT 1-2Gbps 1U colo...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Look for HE FMT 1-2Gbps 1U colo...

itoito Member, Host Rep
edited October 2021 in General

Hi everyone
I look for HE FMT 1-2Gbps 1U colo

1U HE FMT area, prefixes of /28 or above are available.
1G network port Within $100, may upgrade to 2-3Gbps thereafter.

and i want buy this server.
http://gopcn.com/i-23896124-1u-amd-ryzen-server-5800x-dual-10g-rj45-nic.html

Please PM me if space is available. thanks

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
ยซ1

Comments

• itoito Member, Host Rep

I'm still looking for ....

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

Have you tried contacting HE directly? They can give you a quote for 1U colo. I live nearby and I know several people that host their personal servers there. They used to (or maybe still do) have pretty good offers for entire cabinets so I also know people that rent a whole rack and split the cost between them.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@Daniel15 said:
    Have you tried contacting HE directly? They can give you a quote for 1U colo. I live nearby and I know several people that host their personal servers there. They used to (or maybe still do) have pretty good offers for entire cabinets so I also know people that rent a whole rack and split the cost between them.

Thank you for your reply. I contacted the official HE sales but never replied to my emails after he asked for the power parameters I needed. :|

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Try call them :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@ito @Daniel15 Good morning! I also wouldn't mind getting a small personal server into HE. I have been emailing with HE and here is what HE offered:

$0/month, 42U full cabinet, A&B (primary and redundant) 20 amp 208
    volt power, 1 Gbps on gige Internet connection.  To qualify for this get
    somebody that has their own ASN and address space and that knows how to
    run BGP and Hurricane Electric will give them a free cabinet with power
    and 1 Gbps on gige IP Transit if they install a real router (cisco,
    juniper, arista, extreme, mikrotik, ubiquiti) with 10GE interfaces and
    list themselves in peeringdb as being present in our data center.  Then
    get your friend to let you put a server or two in the free cabinet you
    arranged for them.  ;)  

So I am interested either in becoming part of a group that's already doing this or in forming a new group to get started.

Please feel free to be in touch! Maybe we can do something together! :)

Thanks! Friendly greetings from Sonora, MX!

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Not_Oles said:
    @ito @Daniel15 Good morning! I also wouldn't mind getting a small personal server into HE. I have been emailing with HE and here is what HE offered:

arranged for them.  ;)  

So I am interested either in becoming part of a group that's already doing this or in forming a new group to get started.

would happily join you :> Pm'd

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Has anyone reached out to HE to see if they are still offering this? Wasn't this only for a TunnelBroker service? I'll provide 10gb equipment to get this running otherwise.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@zorker said:
    Has anyone reached out to HE to see if they are still offering this? Wasn't this only for a TunnelBroker service? I'll provide 10gb equipment to get this running otherwise.

pm @Not_Oles here or on Les

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • billyriantonobillyriantono Member, Host Rep

interesting but it's too far from my country :(

Thanked by 2Not_Oles intermall
  • @Not_Oles said: $0/month

This is too good to be true! How long is it going to be free and how much for initial racking?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Hello!

The offer came to me directly from a high level executive at HE. I've been joking around with HE for ten + years about some day becoming their customer. Thing is, I'm just an average guy who doesn't have a big internet business to provide financing for a cabinet. Also, my education is mostly in other fields than EE and CS. So I don't really have enough know how either.

If somebody wants go in with me on the free cabinet I am delighted to talk with the kind gentleman at HE and see whether they still are okay with the deal. As for me, I'd love to colo one or maybe two 1U servers and have some lessons in how the router works.

Today I am having trouble accessing LET because of hcaptcha. It makes me click the busses and the boats and then asks me to do it again instead of letting me in. If you post or PM and don't hear back, please try me on talk.lowendspirit.com.

Happy Thanksgiving ๐Ÿฆƒ and Happy BFCM! :)

Best wishes and kindest regards,

Tom

@zorker said: I'll provide 10gb equipment to get this running otherwise.

Hey @zorker!

Not tunnel broker. Full cabinet.

If somebody is interested and shows me "bona fides" then I will be more than delighted to talk again with HE.

Thanks for your interest! Friendly greetings! :)

@skorupion said: would happily join you :> Pm'd

Hey! How are you doing! I don't see your PM. Please try again! Best wishes! :) Tom

Several guys sent me PMs. I believe I have replied to every PM I received. Best wishes! :)

@klikli said: This is too good to be true!

I am guessing that HE wants to charge for transit. I don't know how much. :)

How long is it going to be free and how much for initial racking?

Don't know and don't know. :)

Before too long I will talk with HE again, and I will be delighted to ask these questions! Before I bother HE again, however, I'm kind of looking for someone who at least meets the basic qualifications listed in the HE offer quoted above: has AS number, IPs, and a "real" router + willing to list in peeringdb as present at HE.

What do you guys think? Who is in? :)

Friendly greetings from New York City and Sonora, MX! ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ๐Ÿœ๏ธ

Thanked by 1idleparty

@Not_Oles said:

@klikli said: This is too good to be true!

I am guessing that HE wants to charge for transit. I don't know how much. :)

How long is it going to be free and how much for initial racking?

Don't know and don't know. :)

Before too long I will talk with HE again, and I will be delighted to ask these questions! Before I bother HE again, however, I'm kind of looking for someone who at least meets the basic qualifications listed in the HE offer quoted above: has AS number, IPs, and a "real" router + willing to list in peeringdb as present at HE.

What do you guys think? Who is in? :)

Friendly greetings from New York City and Sonora, MX! ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ๐Ÿœ๏ธ

Hi, I'm interested. Would you be open to telegram or discord exchanges?
    If so please pm me the username :)

Hi @ito!! I have Signal App but unfortunately no Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Telegram, Discord. If Signal works for you, please PM your number. If Signal doesn't work for you then we'll figure out something. Friendly greetings from the Sonoran Desert. ๐Ÿœ๏ธ

Hello! One of the guys with whom I have been messaging says he spoke with HE last night (!) and was told the deal was still on. I have contact on Signal App with a couple of interested guys and also a phone conversation scheduled in a couple hours.

Update: This sounds really crazy, but it seems like on Monday I might be asking HE for three 42U cabinets! One guy wants two cabinets and doesn't particularly want to share except with me. The third cabinet is for the guys willing to share with each other and with me. BFCM is for crazy deals! Anyone else? Will we make it to four cabinets by Monday? :)

Thanked by 1idleparty
  • Why HE specifically?

What about checking out aquanx? They are in Santa Clara, $39 month with power and 1gbit unmetered. Best bang for buck.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
    edited November 2021

Hi @doughnet!

@doughnet said: Why HE specifically?

Over the years, when I notice I seem to have a fast connection to some site in my web browser, I sometimes go and run a traceroute. Frequently HE shows up in the traceroute results. I haven't kept statistics, and I might not be even close to correct. But, from various locations and over the years, when I run traceroutes because I am happy with the connection, HE often is there.

A second reason is that the guys at HE have been nice to me. When I email HE, I receive a prompt, sensible, and friendly reply.

A third reason is that I know directly or indirectly a few guys already at HE. Seems like a friendly group!

@doughnet said: What about checking out aquanx?

Thanks for suggesting AquaNX! I will check. Do you know someone specific at AquaNX with whom I should talk?

Do you by any chance know somebody in San Diego (down nearer to la lรญnea (the line = US-Mexico border))?

Thanks again @doughnet! Best wishes and kindest regards!

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @Not_Oles said:
    Hi @doughnet!

@doughnet said: Why HE specifically?

Over the years, when I notice I seem to have a fast connection to some site in my web browser, I sometimes go and run a traceroute. Frequently HE shows up in the traceroute results. I haven't kept statistics, and I might not be even close to correct. But, from various locations and over the years, when I run traceroutes because I am happy with the connection, HE often is there.

A second reason is that the guys at HE have been nice to me. When I email HE, I receive a prompt, sensible, and friendly reply.

A third reason is that I know directly or indirectly a few guys already at HE. Seems like a friendly group!

@doughnet said: What about checking out aquanx?

Thanks for suggesting AquaNX! I will check. Do you know someone specific at AquaNX with whom I should talk?

Do you by any chance know somebody in San Diego (down nearer to la lรญnea (the line = US-Mexico border))?

Thanks again @doughnet! Best wishes and kindest regards!

Yeah The HE deal you have is definitely amazing. But anyone that needs a 1u Colo (or more) I was suggesting aquanx. They arenโ€™t a huge company but Iโ€™ve had great uptime and great speeds.

Their sales team was easy to work with. I live in the sf bay so I made arrangements to drop off my servers.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@Not_Oles said:
    Update: This sounds really crazy, but it seems like on Monday I might be asking HE for three 42U cabinets! One guy wants two cabinets and doesn't particularly want to share except with me. The third cabinet is for the guys willing to share with each other and with me. BFCM is for crazy deals! Anyone else? Will we make it to four cabinets by Monday? :)

Hey! We seem to have email approval and a proposed contract from HE for me and the guy who wanted one cabinet. Also already have ASN, IPv4s, IPv6s, and a few servers. What's still needed is a router. HE says the router must be 10G and a "real router" such as Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Extreme, Mikrotik, and Ubiquiti. Considering MikroTik newly released Cloud Core Router CCR2116, but might not be able to get one within a reasonable time, so open to other not-too-expensive options. HE will do physical install, but we are looking for someone who wants to help with router selection, purchase, and configuration. Payment could be arranged for that help. Grateful for any ideas and suggestions! Best wishes for the New Year! ๐ŸŽ‰

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@Not_Oles said:

@Not_Oles said:

Hey! We seem to have email approval and a proposed contract from HE for me and the guy who wanted one cabinet. Also already have ASN, IPv4s, IPv6s, and a few servers. What's still needed is a router. HE says the router must be 10G and a "real router" such as Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Extreme, Mikrotik, and Ubiquiti. Considering MikroTik newly released Cloud Core Router CCR2116, but might not be able to get one within a reasonable time, so open to other not-too-expensive options. HE will do physical install, but we are looking for someone who wants to help with router selection, purchase, and configuration. Payment could be arranged for that help. Grateful for any ideas and suggestions! Best wishes for the New Year! ๐ŸŽ‰

Get an Arista 7050QX-32S (32x 40G & 4x 10G). Fully L3 capable and can thus be classed a proper router. Probably cheaper or near the price of a new Mikrotik as its only ~600 USD.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

@Not_Oles said:

arranged for them.  ;)  

Someone reached out to me with similar conditions that HE gave him in November 2021.

I am guessing he also got the same offer.

**** router or even switch that can handle full bgp tables and has at least one 10 gig port. *****

Was the requirements.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Right. > @Shakib said:

@Not_Oles said:

arranged for them.  ;)  

Someone reached out to me with similar conditions that HE gave him in November 2021.

I am guessing he also got the same offer.

**** router or even switch that can handle full bgp tables and has at least one 10 gig port. *****

Was the requirements.

Full tables does limit the choice of networking device. Disqualifies the 7050 I mentioned earlier.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
    edited January 2022

@Not_Oles said: Hey! We seem to have email approval and a proposed contract from HE

I heard from the fine folks with whom I had been working on the free HE cabinet that they are not continuing with HE and, instead, are augmenting their present install in Texas. This change of plan seems attributed to the high cost of the router (lower cost, newly introduced MikroTik not yet actually available) plus also the (relative to Cogent) higher cost of HE 10G bandwidth as soon as the free 1 Gbps becomes insufficient (indeed, already they are well past 1 Gbps). From this project I have learned a bit about the inner functioning of HE, and a bit about routers, considering I knew nothing about them beforehand. So I come out ahead, better prepared for next time.

Speaking of next time, does anybody have an ASN, IPs, a real router capable of holding a routing table in hardware, and a server, and also want a free 42U, 20 amp, 208 volt, 1 Gbps cabinet from HE?

Best wishes and kindest regards!

Tom ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ๐Ÿœ๏ธ

cc: @CConner

@Not_Oles said:

@Not_Oles said: Hey! We seem to have email approval and a proposed contract from HE

I heard from the fine folks with whom I had been working on the free HE cabinet that they are not continuing with HE and, instead, are augmenting their present install in Texas. This change of plan seems attributed to the high cost of the router (lower cost, newly introduced MikroTik not yet actually available) plus also the (relative to Cogent) higher cost of HE 10G bandwidth as soon as the free 1 Gbps becomes insufficient (indeed, already they are well past 1 Gbps). From this project I have learned a bit about the inner functioning of HE, and a bit about routers, considering I knew nothing about them beforehand. So I come out ahead, better prepared for next time.

Speaking of next time, does anybody have an ASN, IPs, a real router capable of holding a routing table in hardware, and a server, and also want a free 42U, 20 amp, 208 volt, 1 Gbps cabinet from HE?

Best wishes and kindest regards!

Tom ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ๐Ÿœ๏ธ

cc: @CConner

I can provide technical support as well as IP if you need it.
    AS210542, we have ex-Cisco, now Huawei partners.
    If you are interested, please DM to me

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

DM sent!

@Shakib Guys!

Looking for a server somewhere that I also can have at least read access to the routers plus ask questions and get good answers. I want to learn a little about routers. Don't really need my own ASN or IPs just for my educational use. I'm not running hardly anything myself, so practically no bandwidth. The free cabinet project with HE is, for me, an indirect way of accomplishing my educational goal.

Ideas? Thanks! Best wishes! :)

Tom