Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloudVPS NL Offline
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloudVPS NL Offline

JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Is it just me or is anyone else offline? My VM went down about 12 hours ago, it's currently sat in the disabled position.

Also ones status page says it's all dandy.

Comments

• Same for me. I sent a ticket and below is the reply

Hello,
    There is an issue with the hard drives/RAID of the Ryzen node and we are still working to solve it. It might take up to 12-24 hours. We will inform you soon once it's done asap
    Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks!
    Vinh Nguyen,
    Senior Technician - GreenCloudVPS

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

@kheng86 said:
    Same for me. I sent a ticket and below is the reply

Hello,
    There is an issue with the hard drives/RAID of the Ryzen node and we are still working to solve it. It might take up to 12-24 hours. We will inform you soon once it's done asap
    Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks!
    Vinh Nguyen,

Ah thanks, I suspected as much.

Oh, well the only reply I got was "maybe there is an issue with the node"

I saw my vm come up once, then straight offline again.

• Download your disaster recovery plans immediately and activate the nuclear suitcase. Then just wait..

@dahartigan said:
    Download your disaster recovery plans immediately and activate the nuclear suitcase. Then just wait..

Aye Captain

Thanked by 1dahartigan

Just got this, but still haven't told me what's going on. Very useful. Good job I learnt from LET really.

Hello,
    Please wait, we will provide you an update soon

Thanks!
    Duong Tu

• bdlbdl Member
    edited November 2021

Hi, me too.

I actually noticed it started to be pingable after 6 hours so jumped on novnc via their portal - saw that it had been booted with a rescue CD and someone was fscking it like a mofo... (screenshot https://imgur.com/a/xsq4GuM) asked them if I could reboot into my OS and then they said wait.

Just checked again now and their portal is showing the service as being "disabled" (it was "offline" before)...

Just got this:

Hello,
    Starting at around 2PM UTC+0 on November 21, we have received downtime notification from our RyzenNL1 node which hosted your VPS with the IP:
    There was limited staff available on-site at the weekend so it took longer to investigate the issue. Upon checking, there seems an issue with the U.2 to PCIe 4.0 card that caused data corruptions to the OS and the LVM partitions. We have been trying to fix the issue on the server and even tried to move the VM's images to a different node but the data on your VPS is not recoverable.
    We had to replace the PCIe card and perform a clean installation of the node. This is the first time that we have faced this issue, we will monitor the node and make sure that it will not happen again.
    In this case we need to re-create your VPS, here is the new VPS's information:

We have extended your due date for 6 months more as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks!
    Tu Pham,

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @Jord said:
    Just got this:

Hello,
    Starting at around 2PM UTC+0 on November 21, we have received downtime notification from our RyzenNL1 node which hosted your VPS with the IP:
    There was limited staff available on-site at the weekend so it took longer to investigate the issue. Upon checking, there seems an issue with the U.2 to PCIe 4.0 card that caused data corruptions to the OS and the LVM partitions. We have been trying to fix the issue on the server and even tried to move the VM's images to a different node but the data on your VPS is not recoverable.
    We had to replace the PCIe card and perform a clean installation of the node. This is the first time that we have faced this issue, we will monitor the node and make sure that it will not happen again.

We have extended your due date for 6 months more as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks!
    Tu Pham,

I'm guessing this https://status.greencloudvps.com/782781362 is incorrect :)

@bdl said:

@Jord said:
    Just got this:

Hello,

Thanks!
    Tu Pham,

Yes, I said that in the OP haha

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @bdl said:

It seems they are monitoring the datacenter network, or they just have 1 server at each location?

• @Jord said:
    Just got this:

Hello,

Thanks!
    Tu Pham,

It was unfortunate that your data was gone, but I think it's quite fair that they are giving you 6 months extension as compensation.

Mine is up now without any data lost, but no compensation :smile:

Thanked by 1morreke
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited November 2021

@giang said:

@bdl said:

It seems they are monitoring the datacenter network, or they just have 1 server at each location?

The status page is for the whole network, this issue is limited to a Ryzen server.

We have been working on recovering the data but only 1/3 VMs succeeded, the remaining will need to be recreated. We are providing updates via Ticket and email to affected customers.
    Sorry guys it has been a tough weekend, we have just moved to a new office on November 19 and still have a lot of things that need to be done and this unfortunate thing happened.

@kheng86 said:

@Jord said:
    Just got this:

Hello,

Thanks!
    Tu Pham,

It was unfortunate that your data was gone, but I think it's quite fair that they are giving you 6 months extension as compensation.

It was only a jumpbox, it's fine, I have ansible that will recreate it in a jiffy, but it sucks for other people who don't have backups.

But it's one of those things unfortunately, the only thing I'm sad about is a script I put on yesterday, now I have to redo it 😂

Thanked by 1bdl
  • is that riser card?

• @Jord said:

@kheng86 said:

@Jord said:
    Just got this:

Hello,

Thanks!
    Tu Pham,

It was only a jumpbox, it's fine, I have ansible that will recreate it in a jiffy, but it sucks for other people who don't have backups.

But it's one of those things unfortunately, the only thing I'm sad about is a script I put on yesterday, now I have to redo it 😂

haha that's always the way... I had backups except for the work I'd done the past few days too :) Was really happy with the level of service received from @NDTN /Greencloud. They kept me up to date in the ticketing system, I've already restored and happy now :)

I'm still amazed how fast these Ryzen boxes are :)

• This week is not a good week for risers.

@bdl said:

@Jord said:

@kheng86 said:

@Jord said:
    Just got this:

Hello,

Thanks!
    Tu Pham,

haha that's always the way... I had backups except for the work I'd done the past few days too :) Was really happy with the level of service received from @NDTN /Greencloud. They kept me up to date in the ticketing system, I've already restored and happy now :)

I'm still amazed how fast these Ryzen boxes are :)

Yeah me too, click a button and away we go. I just didn't save my ssh keys last time, but can easily do that now.

Just need to code my damn script now that I had working, hey ho haha.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • They lost all my data (6 months extension given).
    Trying to restore from my backup and server has been going on / offline.
    cp now says invalid user/password.
    Getting cloudflare errors when trying to login or use services on their website.
    They are certainly having problems and so am I.

@msatt said:
    They lost all my data (6 months extension given).
    Getting cloudflare errors when trying to login or use services on their website.

Yeah my server has died again.

Thanked by 1bdl

@Jord said:

@msatt said:

I contacted them, got this:

Please wait let me check
    Thanks!
    Tu Do Anh

• @Jord said:

@Jord said:

@msatt said:

Please wait let me check
    Thanks!
    Tu Do Anh

I suppose that's better than

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit
    Tu Do Anh

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited November 2021

The old hard coded server uptime page

@Nekki said:

@Jord said:

@Jord said:

@msatt said:

Please wait let me check
    Thanks!
    Tu Do Anh

I suppose that's better than

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit
    Tu Do Anh

Very true :joy:

I think it's just network, as I'm getting no route to host now.

And shes back :D

• still offline.

edited November 2021

Oh, that's weird they said it was a firewall issue for mine.

Did your data get lost @hyperblast?

• dont know. machine is not reachable.

@hyperblast said:
    dont know. machine is not reachable.

Did you get 6 months added onto your service?

• ah... damn...

"Virtual server suspended"
    "Status disabled"

wtf?!