Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloudVPS NL Offline - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloudVPS NL Offline

2»

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@hyperblast said:
    ah... damn...

"Virtual server suspended"
    "Status disabled"

wtf?!

Yeah reach out to them in a ticket, they've been really helpful.

• ticket send a minute ago!

@hyperblast said:
    ticket send a minute ago!

My VM was one of the ones that got corrupted, but they managed to save some of them.

• "the data on your VPS is not recoverable.

We had to replace the PCIe card and perform a clean installation of the node. This is the first time that we have faced this issue, we will monitor the node and make sure that it will not happen again.
    In this case we need to re-create your VPS, here is the new VPS's information:

IP: xxx
    Password: yyy"

• My data is also gone, but I'm not mad, 6months is a good compensation (it was only running smokeping, not important).

• @hyperblast said:
    "the data on your VPS is not recoverable.

We had to replace the PCIe card and perform a clean installation of the node. This is the first time that we have faced this issue, we will monitor the node and make sure that it will not happen again.
    In this case we need to re-create your VPS, here is the new VPS's information:

IP: xxx
    Password: yyy"

PCIe card again!!! like it was with @Francisco https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/175127/frantech-buyvm-net-loses-all-data-fried-node/p1

I am wondering if they used the same card model

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Andrews said: I am wondering if they used the same card model

Remember, NVME's also come in 'PCIe' form, not just on a bifurcation card.

Lots of the older 'intel enterprise' stuff is like that. P3605's, P3700's, etc.

EDIT - They mentioned U.2, so some sort of HBA card maybe.

Anyway, good luck to them, it stings.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Andrews
  • @Jord said:
    Oh, that's weird they said it was a firewall issue for mine.

Did your data get lost @hyperblast?

My (rebuilt) data was fine - how's your script, @Jord ? Is it at version 3 of the re-write yet? :lol:

Thanked by 1Jord

@bdl said:

@Jord said:
    Oh, that's weird they said it was a firewall issue for mine.

Did your data get lost @hyperblast?

My (rebuilt) data was fine - how's your script, @Jord ? Is it at version 3 of the re-write yet? :lol:

Yes it is, but it's now fully saved in my ansible script now :D so it's going nowhere now haha.

Thanked by 1bdl