Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phoenixnap Alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Phoenixnap Alternative

Can you recommend a reputed alternative comparable to Phoenixnap for dedicated servers?

• Prefer own Datacenter or Colocated at a reputed data center such as Equinix/DR/TH.
  • Apart from OVH, Hetzner, Clouvider, Psychz, Hivelocity

Comments

• Reliablesite?

Thanked by 2Dumbledore MrRadic
  • @1gservers - 1G Servers
    @Ernie - Dedipath
    WebNX/Gorillaservers

Could be more.

Thanked by 1Dumbledore
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I like Phoenixnap because I always seem to get great bandwidth to their facility. But their rental servers are nothing special. They're also annoying to buy, last time I tried they wouldn't deploy one without a sales conversation.

@qps has servers in LA that might fit the bill. ReliableSite and 1GServers are also favorites.

Thanked by 3Dumbledore qps MrRadic
  • ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@mrclown said:
    @1gservers - 1G Servers
    @Ernie - Dedipath
    WebNX/Gorillaservers

Could be more.

Thanks for the mention!

@Dumbledore said:
    Can you recommend a reputed alternative comparable to Phoenixnap for dedicated servers?

• Prefer own Datacenter or Colocated at a reputed data center such as Equinix/DR/TH.
    • Apart from OVH, Hetzner, Clouvider, Psychz, Hivelocity

We can for sure help in 10 locations in the US: Los Angeles, Secaucus NJ, Las Vegas, Dallas, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Phoenix, San Jose, Seattle, and Denver.

Thanked by 1Dumbledore
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider ? They've got USA/Europe and good reputation and reliability.

Thanked by 1Dumbledore
  • @SpryServers_Tab might have something for ya

• @jahrinc said: Reliablesite?

I'm looking for something =< Phoenixnap. Reliablesite, DataShack are low-end providers, right?

@mrclown said: @Ernie - Dedipath

Let me check.

@jar said: I like Phoenixnap because I always seem to get great bandwidth to their facility.

Is MXroute hosted on Phoenixnap?

@Ernie said: We can for sure help

Hi, Do you own the facility or collocated. If yes which one?

@Mr_Tom said: @Clouvider ? They've got USA/Europe

Already on the list.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Dumbledore said: Already on the list.

Sorry, dunno how I missed them in your list. I even re-read the OP to make sure lol.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for the mentions. We’re located within our own private cages at Phoenix NAP’s facility, in Phoenix. They only provide us with space/power though. We run our own network and staff with our own equipment. Let me know if there’s something specific you’re looking for.

• cazrzcazrz Member
    edited November 2021

Try Leaseweb, IBM?

• @Mr_Tom said: Sorry, dunno how I missed them in your list.

No issues. I know Clouvider. Dom is always friendly and helpful.

@1gservers said: We run our own network and staff with our own equipment. Let me know if there’s something specific you’re looking for.

Do you have onsite staff at the facility? I will PM my requirements.

@cazrz said: Try Leaseweb, IBM?

Currently on Softlayer and Packet. Looking for something between them and low-end providers for a new project.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

Yup. Sounds good.

• @Dumbledore said:

@Mr_Tom said: Sorry, dunno how I missed them in your list.

No issues. I know Clouvider. Dom is always friendly and helpful.

@1gservers said: We run our own network and staff with our own equipment. Let me know if there’s something specific you’re looking for.

@cazrz said: Try Leaseweb, IBM?

Currently on Softlayer and Packet. Looking for something between them and low-end providers for a new project.

Softlayer is pretty sweet. I know there was a site that was reselling softlayer on the cheap(ish). https://www.zenex5ive.com/
    They got leaseweb, softlayer and another provider, which I forgot the name of. They got the OG pricing from way back when, so 100TB softlayer bandwidth for around $200/m

• @NobodyInteresting said: They got leaseweb, softlayer and another provider, which I forgot the name of. They got the OG pricing from way back when, so 100TB softlayer bandwidth for around $200/m

Softlayer has one of the best networks and SLA. Using them for the past 11 years. They still honor our original quotes with slight adjustments.

• I just bought the other day from Reliablesite, and the support was fast. Only thing there are glitches the panel so they have to reload the OS manually, then it took time because they are having ISO upload time out themselves. Anyway the server is up and running, I just don't know if they are fast to replace parts if needed if they have staffs onsite.

Thanked by 1Dumbledore

@Dumbledore said: Is MXroute hosted on Phoenixnap?

It isn't. Not a good fit for that.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

To cover the obvious, Inception Hosting is owned by Clouvider but: https://www.clouvider.com/dedicated-servers/phoenix/ is a great alternative :)

• Internap 🤣

Thanked by 1Dumbledore
  • @jar said: It isn't. Not a good fit for that.

May I know why ?. Anything related to the network?

• IOFlood is still on colo in Phoenixnap in Phoenix but they seem to be building their own DC and plan on moving out.

• @cazrz said: I just bought the other day from Reliablesite

I will check them out. I don't know the quality of their service these days.

@InceptionHosting said: Inception Hosting is owned by Clouvider

Since when ? You got acquired or he was always the founder?. I prefer a provider who specializes in dedicated servers and colo only.

• @OhJohn said: IOFlood

Thank you. Totally forgot about them. Will reach out.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

DediPath is a solid choice.

Talk to @Ernie

Thanked by 1Dumbledore

@Dumbledore said: May I know why ?. Anything related to the network?

While I love my connection to every server I've ever rented in their datacenter, from Texas, I don't see the same appreciation from as many parts of the world as I'd like when choosing locations for that.

• @jbiloh said: DediPath is a solid choice.

I somehow missed his reply. Just messaged him.

• @jar said: While I love my connection to every server I've ever rented in their datacenter, from Texas, I don't see the same appreciation from as many parts of the world as I'd like when choosing locations for that.

I see. So you are now using Vultr/Constant along with BuyVM. Do you remember Vultrs old parent company? Was that same company got renamed to Constant?

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:
    @SpryServers_Tab might have something for ya

Thanks @NobodyInteresting

We sure can. We don't own the datacenter, but the DC (Aligned Energy) is reputable and we run our own network.

https://www.spryservers.net/phoenix-dc

Thanked by 1Dumbledore
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Dumbledore QuickPacket has Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, Manchester, UK, and soon will have Ashburn, VA. Happy to discuss your requirements and get a quote together for you.

Thanked by 1Dumbledore

@Dumbledore said:

@jar said: While I love my connection to every server I've ever rented in their datacenter, from Texas, I don't see the same appreciation from as many parts of the world as I'd like when choosing locations for that.

I see. So you are now using Vultr/Constant along with BuyVM. Do you remember Vultrs old parent company? Was that same company got renamed to Constant?

I'm a little bit in a lot of places. As far as I know Choopa is still the same.