Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host shared hosting @ $7/year - Mailchannels - Ryzen NVMe - 10Gbps - The new & unique ApisCP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host shared hosting @ $7/year - Mailchannels - Ryzen NVMe - 10Gbps - The new & unique ApisCP

ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2021 in Shared Hosting Offers

What's up everyone? Have you missed me, of course you have! We had this deal over at lowendbox, but I will repost it here because not everyone visits lowendbox. A truly premium shared hosting plan by boomer.host

What's unique?
We use ApisCP. Below is a preview on how it looks.

It's a quite nice panel I think. It has some security benefits compared to other alternatives like fortification. But that also makes it more complicated, you have to disable it when you install new plugins and themes only to enable it afterwards. https://apiscp.com/features/fortification. If you don't like it you can just disable it all together, it's up to you.

We use Terrahosts Norway server. Here's a test IP: 185.14.97.172

HOST NODE INFO:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
64GB RAM
2x 500GB NVMe SSDs
10Gbps uplink

Here's our offer:

ApisCP Hosting
10GB Disk Space
Unlimited Domains
1000GB bandwdith @ 10 Gbps
Mailchannels
3GB ram
86 400 CPU seconds (1 second is 1 thread 100% usage for 1 second) Burst away we don't care as long as usage is low overall. Maximal 24-hour CPU usage
100 MB/s IO
5024 IOPS
$7/year
[ORDER]

Just to be transparent, I set the CPU seconds high but this might be adjusted in the future should we encounter abusers.

One important thing. In ApisCP it automatically creates a mail with your username in it. [email protected]. So when ordering put a username that you want for your mail. You can also just create another user later

Enjoy guys and I hope to see you 2022 for our next offerings! Have a nice weekend everyone :)

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ezeth said: We use Terranode TerraHost

Thanked by 3ezeth dosai satsumace
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

@DP said:

@ezeth said: We use Terranode TerraHost

Fixed thanks!

For those who want to test the website speed of an example wordpress site here it is

https://test.boomer.host/

I can also migrate your cpanel hosting to this if you want for a small fee of 10USD

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

raid0 like the vps?

edited November 2021

@bruh21 said:
    raid0 like the vps?

Yes this is raid0. I believe the VPS doesn't even have raid just seperate disks with VMs split on them though I don't remember right now. Though it's with daily run backups to another apiscp server so if this one should fail I can restore them within a pretty short amount of time

https://www.virtuozzo.com/virtuozzo-hybrid-server/virtuozzo-storage/ coming 2022 to USA location. Then RAID will not be needed. It will be a cluster of servers with data mirrored between them

• Can it run node js?

@yokowasis said:
    Can it run node js?

Yes

Here's a list on supported frameworks
    Ruby on Rails: Setting up Rails with Passenger
    Node.js: Running Node.js
    Express: Installing Express
    Ghost: Installing Ghost
    Meteor: Running Meteor
    Django: Django Quickstart
    Python: Using WSGI
    Redis: Running Redis
    MongoDB: Running MongoDB

• Ssh is available?

@yokowasis said:
    Ssh is available?

Yes

• 2 weeks ago you were saying that apiscp is full of bugs and not ready to be used, what changed?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3299343#Comment_3299343

• @dahartigan said: 2 weeks ago you were saying that apiscp is full of bugs and not ready to be used, what changed?

Thoughts can change, and he might've fixed the source of the bugs, as an example.

• @dahartigan said:
    2 weeks ago you were saying that apiscp is full of bugs and not ready to be used, what changed?

how many LE providers exclusively use 100% production ready stuffs?

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:
    2 weeks ago you were saying that apiscp is full of bugs and not ready to be used, what changed?

I don't know, does anyone have the numbers on that? I feel like the majority would be though.

• @dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

I don't know, does anyone have the numbers on that? I feel like the majority would be though.

After I saw wooden rack, server with cheapest dramless SSDs and LTE connection nothing will suprise me.

Ok, VPS for calling paid number was also great. Or hotswapping RAM.

Nulled themes with possible exploits with Wordpress installed on the same machine as VPSes? I wont even count how many times I saw that.

Installing "buggy" panel is nothing compared to above.

• @AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

After I saw wooden rack, server with cheapest dramless SSDs and LTE connection nothing will suprise me.

Nulled themes with possible exploits with Wordpress installed on the same machine as VPSes? I wont even count how many times I saw that.

Yeah yeah, I get it, I'm in the wrong thread ;)

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

Not all known control panels should be used for production, indeed. But if you're fine with Apache, can't think of any reason not to use Apis.

edited November 2021

I haven't seen any more bugs recently. The developer promptly fixed those bugs I saw before.

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

What do you mean?

• @ezeth said:
    I haven't seen any more bugs recently. The developer promptly fixed those bugs I saw before.

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

What do you mean?

Sorry, thread involucrated.

Just like this "provider" homepage couple months after launch XDDD

• Nice choice for your shared hosting product! I really like ApisCP and the dev is a decent guy.. I just wish he’d add an additional dev or two (so it’s not a one man show) and have built in backup features..

Thanked by 1ezeth
  • @ezeth said:

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

What do you mean?

The best thing about ApisCP is it's homegrown & the founder is very reachable and responsive. Plus the product is genuinely unique.

Thanked by 2ezeth mike1s
    edited November 2021

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@mike1s said:
    Nice choice for your shared hosting product! I really like ApisCP and the dev is a decent guy.. I just wish he’d add an additional dev or two (so it’s not a one man show) and have built in backup features..

Yep I like it a lot too! He said that he doesn't have time to make a backup system, I really hope he hires someone for the upcoming redesign that's planned for beginning of 2022 but it really seems he wants to do everything himself only to later complain he doesn't have enough time

Anyways https://request.jetapps.com/topic/546-support-for-apiscp-control-panel is always a option for backup.

Make sure you vote for it!

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@ezeth said:

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@mike1s said:
    Nice choice for your shared hosting product! I really like ApisCP and the dev is a decent guy.. I just wish he’d add an additional dev or two (so it’s not a one man show) and have built in backup features..

Yep I like it a lot too! He said that he doesn't have time to make a backup system, I really hope he hires someone for the upcoming redesign that's planned for beginning of 2022 but it really seems he wants to do everything himself only to later complain he doesn't have enough time..

Anyways https://request.jetapps.com/topic/546-support-for-apiscp-control-panel is always a option for backup.

it's an endless loop.

Customers want backups -> dev doesn't have time -> cant hire dev because of no cash - > Cant program backups -> no clients to get cash - > Customer wants backup...

edited November 2021

@skorupion said:

@ezeth said:

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@mike1s said:

Yep I like it a lot too! He said that he doesn't have time to make a backup system, I really hope he hires someone for the upcoming redesign that's planned for beginning of 2022 but it really seems he wants to do everything himself only to later complain he doesn't have enough time..

it's an endless loop.

Customers want backups -> dev doesn't have time -> cant hire dev because of no cash - > Cant program backups -> no clients to get cash - > Customer wants backup...

I especially think that he should hire a front end designer. A backend developer won't do as good of a job. It will probably look much better and the user experience will be a lot better if he hires a designer since they're pro on that area. Trying to be a jack of all trades will not end good. Plus he'll have more time to do other things.

He needs to increase prices

• @ezeth said:
    Just to be transparent, I set the CPU seconds high but this might be adjusted in the future should we encounter abusers.

so you are offering/selling one thing, and later when something will ruin your mood you could trim it DOWN (without any guaranteed levels)

that is creative approach for dynamic overselling :D

edited November 2021

@Andrews said:

@ezeth said:

so you are offering/selling one thing, and later when something will ruin your mood you could trim it DOWN (without any guaranteed levels)

It's like VPSes, it's fair share. I have not really put a limit on CPU usage just like with a VPS there is no hard limit. But if you abuse it you will be put on a hard limit. Data ideas recently put a 25% cpu usage limit on his VMs

Let's rephrase that. I won't trim it down for existing clients that are using it fairly. Should someone be abusing the CPU resources then I will trim it down to lets say minimally 3600 seconds

@SirFoxy said:

@ezeth said:

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

What do you mean?

The best thing about ApisCP is it's homegrown & the founder is very reachable and responsive. Plus the product is genuinely unique.

It's my number one go to solution right now when I need a panel. I especially like that they don't require Litespeed or cloudlinux. The future for this panel is very bright!

• @ezeth said:

@Andrews said:

@ezeth said:

It's like VPSes, it's fair share. I have not really put a limit on CPU usage just like with a VPS there is no hard limit. But if you abuse it you will be put on a hard limit. Data ideas recently put a 25% cpu usage limit on his VMs

Let's rephrase that. I won't trim it down for existing clients that are using it fairly. Should someone be abusing the CPU resources then I will trim it down to lets say minimally 3600 seconds

from customer's point of view it would be better that you would clearly define guaranteed levels, and add comment that as long customer plays nice your are not hard enforcing it and effective he can reach as high as...

it can't be "lets say"! it should be part of offer from the very beginning to avoid problems later

• @Andrews said:

@ezeth said:

@Andrews said:

@ezeth said:

from customer's point of view it would be better that you would clearly define guaranteed levels, and add comment that as long customer plays nice your are not hard enforcing it and effective he can reach as high as...

it can't be "lets say"! it should be part of offer from the very beginning to avoid problems later

if you want guaranteed you should buy dedicated, the premise of this entire forum is sharing resources for a lesser cost.

Thanked by 2Logano iKeyZ
  • @SirFoxy said:
    if you want guaranteed you should buy dedicated, the premise of this entire forum is sharing resources for a lesser cost.

your understanding, that this entire forum is limited only to shared services is wrong

your understanding, that shared services by design does not provide any guaranteed levels (everything is on the basis of "lets say", "be nice", "best efforts") is wrong. even OP defined these limits, but only issue here is that he added that it could change some day (it is like changing game rules during game)

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@AXYZE said: After I saw wooden rack, server with cheapest dramless SSDs and LTE connection nothing will suprise me.

dramless LET what now sir? wow...