Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host shared hosting @ $7/year - Mailchannels - Ryzen NVMe - 10Gbps - The new & unique ApisCP - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host shared hosting @ $7/year - Mailchannels - Ryzen NVMe - 10Gbps - The new & unique ApisCP

2»

Comments

• @typicalGtaTG said:

@AXYZE said: After I saw wooden rack, server with cheapest dramless SSDs and LTE connection nothing will suprise me.

dramless LET what now sir? wow...

No joke, that was legit provider here XD

Thanked by 2lentro ferefient
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@AXYZE said:

@typicalGtaTG said:

@AXYZE said: After I saw wooden rack, server with cheapest dramless SSDs and LTE connection nothing will suprise me.

nice hot install

is this some kind of reference to the hot ram install? Sigh he should never have made this public apology post. People will just keep on bringing it up please stop.

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:
    2 weeks ago you were saying that apiscp is full of bugs and not ready to be used, what changed?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3299343#Comment_3299343

how many LE providers exclusively use 100% production ready stuffs?

I don't know, does anyone have the numbers on that? I feel like the majority would be though.

Ok, VPS for calling paid number was also great. Or hotswapping RAM.

as he said in his port

Please don't let this reflect bad on me. I have learned my lesson and to turn off the system >when replacing any internal components.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2021

@ezeth said:

@AXYZE said:

@typicalGtaTG said:

nice hot install

is this some kind of reference to the hot ram install? Sigh he should never have made this public apology post. People will just keep on bringing it up

Nah man, he done right thing and I respect that. What I originally meant is that there is nothing wrong with you using ApisCp even if you admit its buggy, because there was a lot worse things happening among LET providers.

Josh mistake was nothing major, it was funny just because he has legit datacenter xD I put that in one line with "VPS for calling paid number" because it was just funny, not that you should avoid it at any cost

If you dont make straight up dangerous things (wooden racks, nulled wordpress themes because you want to save buck on your website) then let just joke about it. :)

• And also nothing against your services @ezeth
    You are not like "we are big team with 999 years of experience" and instead of doing "datacenter" in basement you put your/rent hardware in legit datacenters. You even list specific CPU "fair share" limit. Transparency is great and I wish you success!

We kinda destroyed your offer thread tho, but at least it is bumped! xD

edited November 2021

@AXYZE said:
    We kinda destroyed your offer thread tho, but at least it is bumped! xD

Kek yes. https://www.lowendtalk.com/categories/shared-hosting-offers 800 views in like 24 hours. I just think boomer.host is great clickbait :D My Google click through rate is 5%

• Wait, no paypal ?

• @ezeth said:

@skorupion said:

@ezeth said:

@AXYZE said:

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:
    2 weeks ago you were saying that apiscp is full of bugs and not ready to be used, what changed?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3299343#Comment_3299343

how many LE providers exclusively use 100% production ready stuffs?

I don't know, does anyone have the numbers on that? I feel like the majority would be though.

After I saw wooden rack, server with cheapest dramless SSDs and LTE connection nothing will suprise me.

Ok, VPS for calling paid number was also great. Or hotswapping RAM.

Nulled themes with possible exploits with Wordpress installed on the same machine as VPSes? I wont even count how many times I saw that.

Installing "buggy" panel is nothing compared to above.

@mike1s said:
    Nice choice for your shared hosting product! I really like ApisCP and the dev is a decent guy.. I just wish he’d add an additional dev or two (so it’s not a one man show) and have built in backup features..

Yep I like it a lot too! He said that he doesn't have time to make a backup system, I really hope he hires someone for the upcoming redesign that's planned for beginning of 2022 but it really seems he wants to do everything himself only to later complain he doesn't have enough time..

Anyways https://request.jetapps.com/topic/546-support-for-apiscp-control-panel is always a option for backup.

Make sure you vote for it!

it's an endless loop.

Customers want backups -> dev doesn't have time -> cant hire dev because of no cash - > Cant program backups -> no clients to get cash - > Customer wants backup...

I especially think that he should hire a front end designer. A backend developer won't do as good of a job. It will probably look much better and the user experience will be a lot better if he hires a designer since they're pro on that area. Trying to be a jack of all trades will not end good. Plus he'll have more time to do other things.

He needs to increase prices

Hard to know if you're serious or trolling..

@yokowasis said:
    Wait, no paypal ?

No. Stripe checkout only. It has CC and alipay. You enter your CC details on their page so I don't store it.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@skorupion said:
    it's an endless loop.

Customers want backups -> dev doesn't have time -> cant hire dev because of no cash - > Cant program backups -> no clients to get cash - > Customer wants backup...

Bootstrapping creates a very tight spot where there's outward pressure compounded with inward growth. Easy option is to capitulate, seek outside investment to push through, and next thing you know you have a marketplace with third-party vendors that carry what you fail to deliver because there's a kickback that floats your bottom line.

It's not something I can explore within the immediate timeframe. To put things lightly, interests have exceeded my expectations. I'm working through existing issues as noted by @ezeth to clean up features but this is something that can be explored late next year. In the meanwhile JetBackup may be the best option if granular git backups via Web > Web Apps > Enable Snapshots don't work in the interim.

• @ezeth said:

@yokowasis said:
    Wait, no paypal ?

No. Stripe checkout only. It has CC and alipay. You enter your CC details on their page so I don't store it.

I don't trust you

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited November 2021

@henix said:

@ezeth said:

@yokowasis said:
    Wait, no paypal ?

I don't trust you

IMHO, Stripe is very safe, also you can just use the virtual card paypal provides if needed... or Privacy.com. I don't blame him for not taking PayPal, their fees have gotten stupid.

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@AXYZE said:

@typicalGtaTG said:

brb, bleaching my eyes

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@mike1s said: you can just use the virtual card paypal provides if needed

I've never heard of this. How do you set it up?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Do you offer Let's encrypt for SSL?

edited November 2021

@Arkas said:
    Do you offer Let's encrypt for SSL?

Yes, it has its built in little lets encrypt manager that issues wildcard lets encrypt and automatically renews them

Just check the test site ssl :P https://test.boomer.host

• i can't order via cc (visa) :'(

@suyadi92 said:
    i can't order via cc (visa) :'(

You can do a bank transfer if you would prefer that instead

• It is insanely risky to choose product developed and supported by a single person (not company). Pending involucration.

• suyadi92suyadi92 Member
    edited November 2021

i can't order via cc (visa) > @ezeth said:

@suyadi92 said:
    i can't order via cc (visa) :'(

You can do a bank transfer if you would prefer that instead

That is the problem, my transfer fee will be approx. $4 if i pay via bank transfer.
    Just out of my curiousity, is there a reason to not put any common payment method like paypal?

• @suyadi92 said: is there a reason to not put any common payment method like paypal?

PayPal would give the customer an opportunity to get a refund if they were scammed. By removing PayPal as an option for customers to pay with, he's removing the protection that PayPal provides against scams.

• @dahartigan said:

@suyadi92 said: is there a reason to not put any common payment method like paypal?

PayPal would give the customer an opportunity to get a refund if they were scammed. By removing PayPal as an option for customers to pay with, he's removing the protection that PayPal provides against scams.

Chargebacks. Please do not spread misinformation. Thanks!

Thanked by 1ezeth
  • To add to that, I am satisfied with boomer, and I hope he's still around in the next 2 years.

Thanked by 1ezeth
  • @ferefient said:

@dahartigan said:

@suyadi92 said: is there a reason to not put any common payment method like paypal?

Chargebacks. Please do not spread misinformation. Thanks!

Chargebacks work for CC payments, not for bank transfers. Please do not spread misinformation. Thanks!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @ferefient said:
    To add to that, I am satisfied with boomer, and I hope he's still around in the next 2 years.

Why? Did you prepay for 2 years? Lol

• @dahartigan said:

Ouch,

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@ferefient said:
    To add to that, I am satisfied with boomer, and I hope he's still around in the next 2 years.

You're such a dick. This kind of comment has no place on a offer thread

Thanked by 1ferefient
  • @ezeth said:

@dahartigan said:

@ferefient said:

You're such a dick. This kind of comment has no place on a offer thread

It was a joke dude. Sorry if I offended you.

Btw guys some complained about the location, do you guys want me to spin up a 4 GB buyVM server and install ApisCP on there?

• nah