Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HestiaCP rejects Litespeed and defends Apache + Nginx
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HestiaCP rejects Litespeed and defends Apache + Nginx

Litespeed shills tried to push Hestia to begin supporting Litespeed instead of open source web servers like Apache and Nginx but they rejected the brainwashing... MORE OF THIS LADS <3

https://forum.hestiacp.com/t/is-it-possible-to-install-litespeed-in-hesticp/1071

https://forum.hestiacp.com/t/thanks-for-supporting-apache-nginx-not-litespeed/4965

The best comment lol

The reason I left my hosting provider and went to my own server is because they were running litespeed and continously stated they did not have issues with the web server. When users around the world could screen record how slow it was or did not load at all, they claimed it was the internet connection. Malaysia, India, Canada, U.S., Hong Kong, and U.K. all had issues with it loading. “It’s your internet connection.”

How much do the LS cult members get paid to shill this comment everywhere: "Nginx is super difficult to install. Litespeed is so much easier! Just give it a try! Now! Try it now!"

Hestia is the perfect example of why FOSS is so important cuz they forked from VestaCP after it was becoming a little bit "dead"

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/174991/web-hosting-mafia-litespeed-cloudlinux-cpanel

More heros like Hestia... less sellouts like CyberPanel... f*cking open source panel that tries to force you into paying for a Litespeed premium license??? WTF mate

Thanked by 1eris

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Didn't even know that HestiaCP had a userbase to begin with.

• Hestia is underrated. So much better than all those paid "server management tools". Really good alternative to ServerPilot.

People registering just to brag about LiteSpeed makes no sense unless they were paid to.

• @deank said:
    Didn't even know that HestiaCP had a userbase to begin with.

It is almost impossible to measure exactly how many users there are unless you add an tracker in to the source code... And I don't like that idea ...

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2018/10/18/new-linux-chachaddos-malware-distributed-servers-vestacp-installed/ ...

Last count on apt server was about 16k unique ips so the "server" count is at least x% higher due to cases where autoupdate has been disabled ...

Thanked by 1brandort

So, about 10+ user and counting.

• Aapanel supports openlitespeed Apache and nginx.It works well.

Thanked by 2brandort mrlongshen
  • @deank said:

• @deank said:

So about 9 more websites than you got guess you don't need any CP ;)

@zhi said:
    Aapanel supports openlitespeed Apache and nginx.It works well.

never knew that aaPanel is supporting Nginx too, glad to hear about that however they are from China same as Litespeed and had some complaints about installing tracking, insincere and insecure

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164796/opinions-about-aapanel

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/123884/aapanel-the-preferred-panel-for-spammers-everywhere

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171130/free-control-panel-for-vps

at least they are open source and multiple servers so I will not complain it now :#

the truth is many fantastic Chinese developers on GitHub lately (however not Litespeed of course)

• From your post I can identify at least one freetard in the forum and I am glad they rejected the idea.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021

I definitely know who this is now with the phrase "litespeed shills." A phrase almost exclusively used by little bizzy.

Apache is fine. Just run it in prefork for best results.

I've done the LS licensing though. The ease of integration with cPanel and that it doesn't break anyone's htaccess as they are is of value, even for a minor gain over Apache. The Nginx reverse proxy scripts cause more tickets than they're worth. It's just about whether you value money or time more really. There has definitely been more than a few times that I valued time over money.

Sincerely,

Unpaid shill

Thanked by 2eva2000 raselmx
  • @jar said: Unpaid shill

You must claim your money.

Thanked by 3jar AXYZE wpyoga

Yeah, pretty much guess who it was from the first two lines.

I'd love to give a 10 but I think 3 will suffice.

• and so what is hestia doing not supporting ols? its time isnt it?

Thanked by 1raselmx
  • brandortbrandort Member
    edited November 2021

@jar said: Apache is fine. Just run it in prefork for best results.

thank u for your passionate support of open source <3

@jar said: I've done the LS licensing though. The ease of integration with cPanel and that it doesn't break anyone's htaccess as they are is of value, even for a minor gain over Apache. The Nginx reverse proxy scripts cause more tickets than they're worth. It's just about whether you value money or time more really.

when your expectations are so low that "not breaking htaccess" is the top benefit of Litespeed premium

time, money.... and open source community??

@cybertech said:
    and so what is hestia doing not supporting ols? its time isnt it?

it is never time to support OLS until they open source more of critical codebase and make it to be stable and sincere for some years

right now OLS is mostly for Litespeed pretending they care about open source community

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

when your expectations are so low that "not breaking htaccess" is the top benefit of Litespeed

If you've ever had more than a few hundred clients, that isn't a low expectation. That's the difference between hiring two full time support techs.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • The main problem is cpanel. People use cpanel because its "easy, plug and play".

Litespeed is "plug and play" also. People using litespeed because they use cpanel. If you dont use cpanel, then you can use almost everything (nginx, lighttp, whatever exotic solution you want).

But again, need time to learn and tweaking.

Thanked by 2brandort kkrajk
  • @cybertech said: and so what is hestia doing not supporting ols? its time isnt it?

More server support, distro support > more maintenance and waste of time > but it's FOSS and no one actually wants to pay and developers need to eat.

Thanked by 1brandort
  • BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited November 2021

But who pays you? :)

In regards of LS I have more information to leak and I can be useful to your employer.

Context: You provided few wrong information. But most are correct.

• Apache's is my favor web server!

Thanked by 2brandort niceboy
  • @jar said:

when your expectations are so low that "not breaking htaccess" is the top benefit of Litespeed

If you've ever had more than a few hundred clients, that isn't a low expectation. That's the difference between hiring two full time support techs.

exactly that is why typical users should keep Apache (stable and free) and not playing with Litespeed, I am talking about mostly smaller companies not some huge web hosting corporation

obviously Hostgator or something will never use free web panels

very large web host with 1 million customers sharing cPanel servers should consider Litespeed

the brainwashing of WordPress users purpose is to make them find Litespeed web hosting and not really to make them install software by themself

we should encourage lowend users to play with free open source panels :smile:

@sheratan said:
    The main problem is cpanel. People use cpanel because its "easy, plug and play".

Litespeed is "plug and play" also. People using litespeed because they use cpanel. If you dont use cpanel, then you can use almost everything (nginx, lighttp, whatever exotic solution you want).

But again, need time to learn and tweaking.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

@Boogeyman said:
    But who pays you? :)

In regards of LS I have more information to leak and I can be useful to your employer.

I work for nobody only defending FOSS web and every forgotten man

• Apache Vs NGINX – Which Is The Best Web Server for You?

https://serverguy.com/comparison/apache-vs-nginx/

• @brandort said: FOSS web and every forgotten man

I have seen unpleasant things in FOSS. Maintainers bashing newbies, freetards asking to spoonfeed them, no one pays and asks for more but do not contribute themselves, etc and I do not want be part of FOSS anymore. I only contribute occasionally now. :)

• New forum tag: FOSS warrior (?)

Thanked by 1brandort
  • @Boogeyman said:

@brandort said: FOSS web and every forgotten man

I have seen unpleasant things in FOSS. Maintainers bashing newbies, freetards asking to spoonfeed them, no one pays and asks for more but do not contribute themselves, etc and I do not want be part of FOSS anymore. I only contribute occasionally now. :)

you are correct ...mostly its not appreciated and maintainers got abuse, newbies got abuse too

but FOSS is very important for future internet freedom and keeping options, so best if the projects can be friendly and positive and maintainers can find some paid add-on for super users or something that can generate revenue but not limit the open source version

and everyone should donate some money and encourage the maintainers also <3

(not mocking them for having only 10+ users...)

• @brandort said:
    Litespeed shills

My theory is that some Litespeed staffer f*cked this guy's boyfriend or girlfriend (and possibly made him watch).

Can't explain the blind hatred any other way. You're literally screaming that you want choices other than Litespeed. But you don't want other people to make a choice that fits their needs.

• @debaser said:

@brandort said:
    Litespeed shills

My theory is that some Litespeed staffer f*cked this guy's boyfriend or girlfriend (and possibly made him watch).

Can't explain the blind hatred any other way. You're literally screaming that you want choices other than Litespeed. But you don't want other people to make a choice that fits their needs.

literally you just made some fake sentence about something literally nobody said

shit makes a lot of sense now... Litespeed is a cuckolding club??!!

thats how they control low self-esteem Wordpress guys into shilling the same stuff everywhere for some private corporation

what level are you in the cult, Bukkake Gulper Lev. 2 seems... keep trying

• I see the point of this thread. I'm agree we should use and support open source software.

I'm using NGINX+APACHE for most of my servers.

Right now I'm playing with Caddy. It is simpler for me.

Thanked by 2brandort Tony40
  • debaserdebaser Member
    edited November 2021

@brandort said: literally you just made some fake sentence about something literally nobody said

You can take literally as a figure of speech here (funny eh).

But while you're losing yourself over some software you're:
    1. Saying that there's no choice left due to every provider using Litespeed
    2. Trying to tell us Litespeed is evil and that we can't use it
    3. Replying to everyone saying that Litespeed works perfectly fine for them that they're shilling

So, yes, you're actually complaining about a lack of choice while you're simultaneously denying people their free choice.

Pick your battles and try to count to 10 or just scream in a pillow the next time you're thinking about posting a thread.

All the best,
    A happy lighttpd and Hiawatha user.

• look, the purpose of litespeed are for shared environment.

if you just need single or not-so-many website, then get into apache/nginx.
    when you deal with hundred or thousand website with many customization and requirement on it , you cant go wrong with litespeed.
    less headache.

i my self using nginx-phpfpm with hestiacp for project that dont need multiple shared account. and works well too.

Thanked by 1brandort
  • I changed Vesta and Hestia to the Fastpanel. Simple, light and Free.