Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HestiaCP rejects Litespeed and defends Apache + Nginx - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HestiaCP rejects Litespeed and defends Apache + Nginx

2»

Comments

• @debaser said: But while you're losing yourself over some software you're:
    1. Saying that there's no choice left due to every provider using Litespeed
    2. Trying to tell us Litespeed is evil and that we can't use it
    3. Replying to everyone saying that Litespeed works perfectly fine for them that they're shilling

So, yes, you're actually complaining about a lack of choice while you're simultaneously denying people their free choice.

again literally making things up that nobody ever said, here is my exact words:

@brandort said: it is never time to support OLS until they open source more of critical codebase and make it to be stable and sincere for some years, right now OLS is mostly for Litespeed pretending they care about open source community

@brandort said: very large web host with 1 million customers sharing cPanel servers should consider Litespeed

if you are too stupid to understand a warning about future web and open source community that is your problem and stop lying about these threads

anyone who defends a private corporation spreading fake propaganda benchmarks trying to brainwash Wordpress newbies should not be trusted YES THAT MEANS YOU

you're shilling Litespeed links on LET forum already: https://archive.md/FtVSR

every fucking time!! :D :D >:)

many people like @Wicked @Tony40 @zenks @sheratan already understand my warning, stop lying

where is your IP address probably in Beijing China, keep trying shill

Thanked by 1ferefient
  • Nice out of context screenshot, just me trolling someone who wants litespeed "for more cheepest price".

Time to take your meds.

Thanked by 1raselmx
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

What are your thoughts on Caddy?

I've been meaning to take a dive into it.

Thanked by 11nf
  • Not sure what all the Litespeed/OLS hate is about. Litespeed web server doesn't exist in a vacuum.

The open source argument doesn't make sense

1. Nginx and Apache and other open source web servers combined have a much larger web server market share still ~64% https://w3techs.com/technologies/history_overview/web_server/ms/q
    2. HTTP Archive CWV Tech report comparing web servers and control panels for highest traffic origin sites show that Apache and Nginx still serve the most origin sites https://datastudio.google.com/s/kvGP9d7KIfM - though that can also be due to easier OS distro install access.

I suggest folks do their own comparison testing of web servers for their own needs and decide. Litespeed 5.4+ is faster than Nginx from my tests. Litespeed 5.4+ is different to Litespeed versions <=5.3 from my tests. And even discussed my opinions and links to my older benchmarks on my forums at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/is-lsapi-litespeed-faster-than-php-fpm-nginx-etc-or-not.19153/. FYI, long term plans for Centmin Mod will be to integrate Litespeed/OpenLiteSpeed eventually.

@MannDude said: What are your thoughts on Caddy?

Easy to use but doesn't scale and perform as well as Nginx or Litespeed/OLS from my old tests https://community.centminmod.com/tags/caddy/. AFAIK, Caddy still suffers from a larger drop in performance as you add more HTTP response headers i.e. HSTS/CORS/CSP & other security headers to requests compared to Nginx or Litespeed/OLS. Make sure to test for that when using Caddy.

Though these days for performance, the backend web server's importance has lessened, when you throw a properly configured Cloudflare setup in front of the webserver. But webserver still matters for cache miss/non-cacheable requests traffic.

End of the day, use whatever webserver you're comfortable and familiar with and keep in mind using the right tool for the right job.

Thanked by 2jar raselmx
  • @MannDude said:
    What are your thoughts on Caddy?

I like Caddy. It's easy to setup and I like the Caddyfile system. I mainly use it for reverse proxy's and it's great for that.

• @MannDude said: What are your thoughts on Caddy?

Caddy is open source and easy for users so of course that is a good project

however using Go language and can't integrate with other software really it is mostly a standalone project for people who want easy servers with Lets Encrypt

@eva2000 said: Not sure what all the Litespeed/OLS hate is about. Litespeed web server doesn't exist in a vacuum.

The open source argument doesn't make sense

your entire project that's relying on open source projects :D :D :D

@eva2000 said: I suggest folks do their own comparison testing of web servers for their own needs and decide. Litespeed 5.4+ is faster than Nginx from my tests. Litespeed 5.4+ is different to Litespeed versions <=5.3 from my tests. And even discussed my opinions and links to my older benchmarks on my forums at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/is-lsapi-litespeed-faster-than-php-fpm-nginx-etc-or-not.19153/. FYI, long term plans for Centmin Mod will be to integrate Litespeed/OpenLiteSpeed eventually.

omg another Litespeed benchmark.... that link does not have any benchmark provided and the thread actually says that you did not provide the data you mention

did LS $$$ get to you already? they will pay you for premium license on your project I guess lol

@eva2000 said: End of the day, use whatever webserver you're comfortable and familiar with and keep in mind using the right tool for the right job.

AGREE but do not SHILL for private corporations sharing fake brainwashing benchmarks

if Litespeed is not lying and spamming shit so FOSS web will not care at all

• @MannDude said: What are your thoughts on Caddy?

Very unstable. Stick with nginx.

• I use whatever is useful for my own sites and client's sites in Centmin Mod regardless if it's open source or not. From memory, I've been using Litespeed for over 12+ years now in both standalone non-cPanel or cPanel installs even prior to creation of my own Centmin Mod stack so I do have alot of experience using Litespeed. Including writing my own shell script auto installers for Litespeed and Openlitespeed servers with own vhost auto creator routines.

My comments in my linked forum thread are based on experience - 12+ yrs using Litespeed & 10yrs using Nginx and benchmarking and using them the real world for high traffic websites and working with some of the largest Web discussion forum community sites on the internet.

@brandort said:

omg another Litespeed benchmark.... that link does not have any benchmark provided and the thread actually says that you did not provide the data you mention

Read my link again I post benchmarks linked to WHT thread post or you can read them at

And if you're so convinced Litespeed is lying about performance, why not provide you own benchmarks to prove otherwise? Granted you probably need very high concurrent traffic loads to really see the difference between Litespeed and a properly optimized and built Nginx server as well. Most folks who say they don't see a big enough difference between Litespeed and Nginx are testing at concurrent traffic levels that are way too low to differentiate them. Again comes back to my previous post, use the right tool for the right job. If you're concurrent traffic loads are low, then you may not need Litespeed or even Nginx and can do with Apache even!

I'd like to know what experience you have with these webservers we're discussing that allow you to argue your position. It would give credibility to your argument too.

No one here is convincing you not to use an open source webserver but you're trying to convince us anyone who is Pro-Litespeed are shills and liars.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Nothing wrong with Litespeed IMO, nor Nginx. I use both.

• I have nothing against Litespeed it self and if somebody likes it more then Nginx or Apache be my guest.

But don't ask/demand a Opensource project to change over 30% of their "own" code so you can use the webserver you like without investing 0 dollar in that project... Developing any control panel takes a lot of time and if a few users are willing to give their time to a open source project they like to support don't ask them to change over their code because you want to use a different web server. If you don't like the software they use feel free to fork the project make the changes you want and share your result under a different name and be my guess.

Thanked by 1brandort
  • @eva2000 said: And if you're so convinced Litespeed is lying about performance, why not provide you own benchmarks to prove otherwise?

@eva2000 said: No one here is convincing you not to use an open source webserver but you're trying to convince us anyone who is Pro-Litespeed are shills and liars.

ahh you sound exactly same as Litespeed employees already sad

are you going to pretend that you did not see the fake benchmarks on Reddit that you already commented last time defending their lies?

https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/comments/f06vse/litespeed_servers_seem_like_a_marketing_scam_are/

they disabled FastCGI cache in NGINX to make performance slower and then also lied pretending that benchmark website is from others but actually owned by Litespeed employees

before you seems always honest but now seems you are just getting ready to make a business partnership with Litespeed so you refuse to admit their scams...

Centmin Mod also to the LS affiliate gang, another open source project that's selling out ?

@eris said: I have nothing against Litespeed it self and if somebody likes it more then Nginx or Apache be my guest.

But don't ask/demand a Opensource project to change over 30% of their "own" code so you can use the webserver you like without investing 0 dollar in that project... Developing any control panel takes a lot of time and if a few users are willing to give their time to a open source project they like to support don't ask them to change over their code because you want to use a different web server. If you don't like the software they use feel free to fork the project make the changes you want and share your result under a different name and be my guess.

exactly correct <3

if you check all Google results you can see that Litespeed shills are doing that every day spamming these comments around the web and copy paste the fake benchmarks from Reddit to many blogs

FOSS warriors are fighting back against their SEO spam now

some of LET guys understand, and some guys too ignorant about what is happening >:)

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@brandort said: they disabled FastCGI cache in NGINX to make performance slower and then also lied pretending that benchmark website is from others but actually owned by Litespeed employees

before you seems always honest but now seems you are just getting ready to make a business partnership with Litespeed so you refuse to admit their scams...

Please re-read my comments at https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/comments/f06vse/comment/fh7wgy9/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 PHP-FPM fastcgi_cache isn't even the fastest configuration option on Nginx/PHP-FPM side you can have for Wordpress full HTML caching from my posted benchmarks https://github.com/centminmod/http2benchmark/tree/extended-tests/examples

Anyway, the point of my forked http2benchmarks is to illustrate depending on how nginx is configured (haven't even touched on how it's installed/build nor on nginx configuration optimisations/directives), some usage situations can be alot closer that what original http2benchmark results suggest. For one thing, PHP-FPM fastcgi_cache isn't always the fastest method for wordpress caching on Nginx side

It's a lot closer but still still Litespeed 5.4+ is faster - see coachbloggzip results below.

From benchmarks https://github.com/centminmod/http2benchmark/tree/extended-tests/examples listed at take the results for https://github.com/centminmod/http2benchmark/blob/extended-tests/examples/ecdsa-http2benchmark-h2load-lsws-5.4.1-nginx-1.16.1-run1.md look at the coach Wordpress blog pre-gzip compressed config performance for my configured Nginx/PHP-FPM with full page HTML caching that is actually faster than PHP-FPM fastcgi_caching.

Below configuration will enable ECDSA SSL certificate support for both Litespeed and Nginx on CentOS 7 servers. Haven't tested on Ubuntu and only test h2load HTTP/2 tests for h2load related profile tools on a select few test targets from below list:

• 1kstatic.html - 1kb static html file
    • 1kgzip-static.html - 1kb static html file that has been gzip pre-compressed (leverage nginx gzip_static directive)
    • 1knogzip.jpg - 1kb jpg image
    • amdepyc2.jpg.webp - 11kb webP image
    • amdepyc2.jpg - 26kb jpg image
    • wordpress - wordpress php/mariadb mysql test where apache uses w3 total cache plugin, litespeed uses litespeed cache plugin and nginx uses php-fpm fastgci_cache caching
    • coachblog - wordpress OceanWP Coach theme test blog static html version simulating wordpress cache plugins which do full page static html caching
    • coachbloggzip - precompress gzip wordpress OceanWP Coach theme test blog static html version simulating wordpress cache plugins which do full page static html caching i.e. Cache Enabler wordpress plugin + Autoptimize wordpress plugin + Autoptimize Gzip companion plugin. Such combo allows Wordpress site to do full page static html caching with pre-compressed gzipped static assets for html, css and js which can leverage nginx gzip_static directive.
    ***Total of 1618 seconds to finish process***
    [OK] to archive /opt/Benchmark/081719-095937.tgz
    /opt/Benchmark/081719-095937/RESULTS.txt
    #############  Test Environment  #################
    Network traffic: 526 Mbits/sec
    Network latency: 0.258 ms
    Client Server - Memory Size: 3789.44MB
    Client Server - CPU number: 2
    Client Server - CPU Thread: 1
    Test   Server - Memory Size: 3789.44MB
    Test   Server - CPU number: 2
    Test   Server - CPU Thread: 1
    #############  Benchmark Result  #################

h2load - 1kstatic.html
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in     645.26 seconds,  156815.00 req/s,      18.58 MB/s,          0 failures,   96.24% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       1.30 seconds,   77284.00 req/s,      17.18 MB/s,          0 failures,    35.5% header compression

h2load-ecc128 - 1kstatic.html
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       0.61 seconds,  163141.00 req/s,      19.32 MB/s,          0 failures,   96.26% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       1.42 seconds,   70480.20 req/s,      15.66 MB/s,          0 failures,    35.5% header compression

h2load-ecc256 - 1kstatic.html
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       0.60 seconds,  165927.00 req/s,      19.66 MB/s,          0 failures,   96.26% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       1.33 seconds,   75469.80 req/s,      16.77 MB/s,          0 failures,    35.5% header compression

h2load - 1kgzip-static.html
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in     627.18 seconds,  160020.00 req/s,      18.96 MB/s,          0 failures,   96.24% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       1.32 seconds,   77078.20 req/s,      18.53 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compression

h2load-ecc128 - 1kgzip-static.html
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       0.59 seconds,  170335.00 req/s,      20.18 MB/s,          0 failures,   96.24% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       1.15 seconds,   88093.20 req/s,      21.18 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compression

h2load-ecc256 - 1kgzip-static.html
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       0.63 seconds,  158472.00 req/s,      18.78 MB/s,          0 failures,   96.24% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       1.22 seconds,   83309.40 req/s,      20.03 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compression

h2load - amdepyc2.jpg.webp
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       8.73 seconds,   11459.20 req/s,     115.79 MB/s,          0 failures,   91.38% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       8.83 seconds,   11325.70 req/s,     115.42 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.6% header compression

h2load-ecc128 - amdepyc2.jpg.webp
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in      11.35 seconds,    9149.06 req/s,      92.42 MB/s,        1.8 failures,   92.02% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       8.81 seconds,   11353.70 req/s,     115.71 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.6% header compression

h2load-ecc256 - amdepyc2.jpg.webp
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in      12.09 seconds,    8486.50 req/s,      85.74 MB/s,        1.6 failures,   91.82% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       8.78 seconds,   11394.90 req/s,     116.13 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.6% header compression

h2load - wordpress
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       3.41 seconds,   29339.00 req/s,     113.86 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.6% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       8.96 seconds,   11163.00 req/s,      45.38 MB/s,          0 failures,    26.5% header compression

h2load-ecc128 - wordpress
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       3.40 seconds,   29387.40 req/s,     114.05 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.6% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       9.01 seconds,   11103.20 req/s,      45.14 MB/s,          0 failures,    26.5% header compression

h2load-ecc256 - wordpress
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       3.38 seconds,   29638.60 req/s,     115.03 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.6% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       9.16 seconds,   10921.50 req/s,      44.40 MB/s,          0 failures,    26.5% header compression

h2load - coachblog
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.45 seconds,   18357.20 req/s,     115.87 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in      16.32 seconds,    6146.36 req/s,      46.77 MB/s,          0 failures,    35.3% header compression

h2load-ecc128 - coachblog
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.46 seconds,   18318.50 req/s,     115.62 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in      15.83 seconds,    6324.56 req/s,      48.13 MB/s,          0 failures,    35.3% header compression

h2load-ecc256 - coachblog
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.49 seconds,   18235.40 req/s,     115.10 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in      16.38 seconds,    6112.38 req/s,      46.51 MB/s,          0 failures,    35.3% header compression

h2load - coachbloggzip
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.49 seconds,   18201.20 req/s,     114.88 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       5.83 seconds,   17166.80 req/s,     110.54 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compression

h2load-ecc128 - coachbloggzip
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.48 seconds,   18249.20 req/s,     115.18 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       5.84 seconds,   17135.60 req/s,     110.34 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compression

h2load-ecc256 - coachbloggzip
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.45 seconds,   18359.60 req/s,     115.89 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       5.74 seconds,   17424.30 req/s,     112.20 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compressio

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@brandort said: ahh you sound exactly same as Litespeed employees already sad

You still haven't answered these questions - now have quoted below, stop deflecting from the questions I asked and contribute to the discussion at hand.

If you don't like the unfair testing /benchmarks shared by Litespeed folks, do your own. If you don't trust other folks' benchmarks, then do your own benchmarks and provide the proof for your argument. No one here including I can provide proof that Litespeed is faster than Nginx if you don't believe the tests or the results. So do your own tests and provide the proof!

That's why I forked their tests and added my own to see how much closer Nginx is to Litespeed for myself and added my own test parameters to forked version at https://github.com/centminmod/http2benchmark/tree/extended-tests as Litespeed folks did tests without the fastest Nginx Wordpress configuration out there which is Cache Enabler wordpress plugin + Autoptimize wordpress plugin + Autoptimize Gzip companion plugin setup for full page static html caching with pre-compressed gzipped static assets for html, css and js which can leverage nginx gzip_static directive.

See coachbloggzip results posted above. Or excerpt below

h2load - coachbloggzip
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.49 seconds,   18201.20 req/s,     114.88 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       5.83 seconds,   17166.80 req/s,     110.54 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compression

h2load-ecc128 - coachbloggzip
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.48 seconds,   18249.20 req/s,     115.18 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       5.84 seconds,   17135.60 req/s,     110.34 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compression

h2load-ecc256 - coachbloggzip
    lsws 5.4.1      finished in       5.45 seconds,   18359.60 req/s,     115.89 MB/s,          0 failures,    96.2% header compression
    nginx 1.16.1    finished in       5.74 seconds,   17424.30 req/s,     112.20 MB/s,          0 failures,    38.5% header compressio

Litespeed didn't test other SSL certificate/cipher configurations, so I added that to my forked benchmarks testing ECDSA 256bit SSL certificate and cipher configurations other than RSA 2048bit SSL certificate defaults. Litespeed tests didn't show HTTP/2 header compression from HTTP/2 HPACK encoding, so I added that to my forked version too.

1. And if you're so convinced Litespeed is lying about performance, why not provide you own benchmarks to prove otherwise? Granted you probably need very high concurrent traffic loads to really see the difference between Litespeed and a properly optimized and built Nginx server as well. Most folks who say they don't see a big enough difference between Litespeed and Nginx are testing at concurrent traffic levels that are way too low to differentiate them. Again comes back to my previous post, use the right tool for the right job. If you're concurrent traffic loads are low, then you may not need Litespeed or even Nginx and can do with Apache even!

2. I'd like to know what experience you have with these webservers we're discussing that allow you to argue your position. It would give credibility to your argument too.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @eva2000 wtf are you going on about

the fact you can't respond with simple 1-2 sentence is obvious, only copy paste more and more links to your website and data that is not related here...

just say sorry and stop defending Litespeed lying to everyone, it's much easier ;)

• @brandort said: just say sorry and stop defending Litespeed lying to everyone, it's much easier ;)

^ agreed

Thanked by 1brandort
  • omg not this cunt again

• @cybertech said:
    omg not this cunt again

I dunno wtf happened but someone decided to unban him. Probably easier than dealing with his numerous PMS tickets begging to come back and abusing the mods who banned him.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:
    omg not this cunt again

I dunno wtf happened but someone decided to unban him. Probably easier than dealing with his numerous PMS tickets begging to come back and abusing the mods who banned him.

fuck this motherfucker already fucking waste of bandwidth

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @cybertech said: bandwidth

Data/transfer != bandwidth

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@brandort said:
    @eva2000 wtf are you going on about

The fact that you can't see or comprehend the relevance of my last 2 reply posts and information is very telling and obvious why your deflecting from my questions of your experiences or lack of with ALL the web servers discussed and your lack test proof that qualify you to make the claims that Litespeed is lying about its performance compared to Nginx.

If you only have experience with Nginx and Apache and little or none with Litespeed, your claims against Litespeed's performance benefits will not hold much weight regardless of how many unsubstantiated claims and posts/threads you make on the internet. Especially, without you actually providing proof from your own testing if you don't believe anyone elses results or proof.

You can easily shut up most of your critics here and elsewhere. Just provide the performance testing proof that Litespeed is lying about its performance relative to Nginx and Apache and show that Litespeed is not faster.

With the amount of time and effort you have put in making unsubstantiated claims of Litespeed performance lies, you could of done your own tests several times over to back up your argument already! It wouldn't cost much to test as Litespeed has free 15 day trial and hourly billed VPS and dedicated servers exist to keep costs relatively low. Litespeed can be installed standalone and does not need cPanel or Plesk license.

It's okay to admit you don't have the experience with Litespeed to make your claims. You can easily rectify that by testing and learning and using Litespeed and then do the tests to prove your argument.

That's what I do. Before Litespeed 5.4, my Litespeed vs Centmin Mod Nginx tests had Nginx neck and neck with Litespeed for static file serving so when Litespeed posted benchmarks of Litespeed 5.4+ having a more substantial lead, I modified their test scripts to test for myself to see. And added coach blog pre-gzip compress test to see if their claims were true and they were notably Nginx results were closer for coach blog pre-gzip tests.

Why would you persist in arguing your position and not give yourself the best possibility in winning your argument by providing proof of Litespeed's performance lies?

• brandortbrandort Member
    edited November 2021

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am a Karen!

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

It is official! I helped him out!

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@brandort Dont come here with that crap! You are being disrespectful! I will give you a time out!

• ahaha what have you done? Now he will call LET litespeed shill.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • @Boogeyman said:
    ahaha what have you done? Now he will call LET litespeed shill.

He'll find more meaningful discussions on WHT.